Perucho21
Valkyrja
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
16 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Perucho21 Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:38 am

Tbo is likely out for clasico. Lunin needs to step up although he hasn't been bad

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by futbol_bill Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:08 pm

I like our chances to put Barca on death watch this weekend.

People are pointing out their poor performance in CL this week, while noting our poor performance also.

Also the loss of Courtois. But first off, I think Lunin has played quite well, something both he and club needed.

It should be pointed out that Barca’s revamping their squad, at a huge future cost was commendable. It at least makes la liga competitive. However if you look thru position by position, I feel it still leans towards RMad and then looking at the defense available it heavily sways in our direction.

But I watched both la liga games last weekend and although both ended 1-0, there was a huge difference. We were dominating and could have easily won by a much bigger score while Barca were hanging on for life support and if Celta had better finishing, it would have been a different result.

I’m hearing, lineup will be

Lunin, Carvajal, Militao, Alaba, Mendy, Modric, Tchouameni, Kross, Valverde, Benzema, Vinicius.

With likely subs Rodrygo, Rudiger, Camavinga
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:18 pm

I think it's 50-50.

They always play better at the Bernabeu so the home advantage won't do much here.

We will see.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:30 pm

Great win today. I just hope one day we go for the overkill and not sit back and relax acting like the match is over
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:12 pm

Agreed. But I bet it's to protect Modric and Kroos whp don't have it in them to press like crazy

Also Valverde doing things we have lacked from our RWs since ADM and he isn't even a RW
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:25 am

I don't know if anyone ever saw this . Lol at thibu https://youtu.be/maXKTUanT5E
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:56 am

titosantill wrote:I don't know if anyone ever saw this . Lol at thibu https://youtu.be/maXKTUanT5E
Laughing I thought the shot would sail over the bar but he managed to hit the wall instead.

I was just wondering, but have we ever been dominated this season? Feels like every game we've played have been super easy.

Even in our draws, we inly conceded due to individual errors and not because we were outclassed.

Last season we were dominated quite alot. Im fact I'll never forget our game against Espanyol. Such an embarrassing game.

We have a very tough January. Hopefully we can take advantage of Barca's tough schedule to give ourself a cushion lead at the top before our brutal schedule after the WC
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:13 pm

We have been dominant on the defensive end I think. Since zidane's second stint up till now, our defense has been the best I have ever seen it in all my years of watching madrid. We are very difficult to beat and I think it's been a mix of the defensive mid plus defense. Interesting thing about the above clip is the threat we potentially pose from set pieces.

Obviously real game with players jumping in the wall and a full crowd is impactful. But I was impressed with some of the technique I saw
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:01 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
titosantill wrote:I don't know if anyone ever saw this . Lol at thibu https://youtu.be/maXKTUanT5E
Laughing I thought the shot would sail over the bar but he managed to hit the wall instead.

I was just wondering, but have we ever been dominated this season? Feels like every game we've played have been super easy.

Even in our draws,  we inly conceded due to individual errors and not because we were outclassed.

Last season we were dominated quite alot. Im fact I'll never forget our game against Espanyol. Such an embarrassing game.

We have a very tough January. Hopefully we can take advantage of Barca's tough schedule to give ourself a cushion lead at the top before our brutal schedule after the WC

I really believe we are vastly improved over last year’s squad.
The change from Casemiro to Tchouameni is a big improvement. People forget the bad games, mishandling of ball and reckless tackles of Casemiro. Tchouameni is a better overall player IMO and somehow with that change I think the team defense is better and a quicker transition to offense.
Rodrygo and Valverde are improved and better.
And we have more than adequate defense and midfield coverage allowing for rotations and coverage for injuries.

And although most of you seem to be overly critical of Carlo, I think he is the best possible coach for us.

The only real issues for us are the schedule and the lack of depth for the front line.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:22 pm

I don't think we can compare Casemiro to Tcho. Casemiro is a better ball winner. He was literally like an octopus. Tcho will never match Casemiro in his peak but Tcho gives us other things that Casemiro couldn't and that's calmness on the ball and passing. I am yet to see the goal threat we were promised because he hasn't provided that so far. Want to see that soon.

I think the difference with last season is Valverde's transformation to a goalscorer and Rodrygo's consistency. Although Mendy has regreseed imo I think the rest have stayed largely in the same form. Kroos probaly improved. Reckon he'll retire at the end of the season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:10 pm

lol wat.  Tcho is a much better ball winner simply because he stays on his feet.  My huge issue with Casemiro was (as with most brazilians frankly) that he took unnecessary chances and was inconsistent, which allowed for too many open scoring threats.

Also, you know why Kroos and Modric are taking more chances on the attack this year (especially Kroos)?  Tcho is there.  He's just so good positionally that you can afford to let the other midfielders push up. Even if Kroos and Modric get caught up, the spaces available are still small enough simply because of Tcho.

Not Kante of course (not yet).  But the area he covers without being flashy is remarkable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:33 pm

No just no ffs

Casemiro is so much better at being a pure DM than Tcho it's not even worth being in a discussion about it.

I don't see a change in how Modric or Kroos play in fact I see Kroos busting his ass in defence alot more this season as the only change.

Tcho has his own qualities but nobody trumps Casemiro as a pure ball winner. Noone!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:19 pm

Kroos is basically running up the pitch and joining the attack which he NEVER did before.  Modric isn't tracking back as much as he used to... he basically was the CM cover for Carvajal/Vasquez the past few years.  Much less now.

It's very obvious to me at least.  We're controlling pace more and only give up control when we choose to.  

Casemiro was literally absent most years until January recently to boot. Started the years out horribly. Thankfully, Barca and Atleti haven't been that good so we could afford to drop points early.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:08 pm

Hala, I’m with Sports on this one. First off you are totally ignoring Casemiro faults; poor games esp. at start of season, his recklessness (you are calling this ball winning, but he often missed and was a liability for cards most of the time) and his poor ball handling ability. You are also ignoring that the overall team defense is improved this year as is the transition to offense. That is largely due to Tchouameni.

While I’m at it, Mendy has not regressed, he just the same as last year. I like you prefer Alaba there, but it’s not because he has regressed. The errors he has made, he also did last year.

And in your response to me you have ignored our depth which we didn’t have last year in both defense and midfield.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:33 pm

Mendy is what he is. Good defensively, a heart attack with the ball at his feet and limited offensively. I think he's too one dimensional frankly. But I also don't think Alaba has the legs to play fullback anymore.

It all comes down to intent. If we want to attack more, push Alaba to fullback and bring in Rudigger. If we want to defend, play Mendy.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:Kroos is basically running up the pitch and joining the attack which he NEVER did before.  Modric isn't tracking back as much as he used to... he basically was the CM cover for Carvajal/Vasquez the past few years.  Much less now.

It's very obvious to me at least.  We're controlling pace more and only give up control when we choose to.  

Casemiro was literally absent most years until January recently to boot. Started the years out horribly. Thankfully, Barca and Atleti haven't been that good so we could afford to drop points early.
so much rubbish in one post good God!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:24 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Hala, I’m with Sports on this one. First off you are totally ignoring Casemiro faults; poor games esp. at start of season, his recklessness (you are calling this ball winning, but he often missed and was a liability for cards most of the time) and his poor ball handling ability. You are also ignoring that the overall team defense is improved this year as is the transition to offense. That is largely due to Tchouameni.

While I’m at it, Mendy has not regressed, he just the same as last year. I like you prefer Alaba there, but it’s not because he has regressed. The errors he has made, he also did last year.

And in your response to me you have ignored our depth which we didn’t have last year in both defense and midfield.
Casemiro is now 30 years old. He has lost his speed, the same as our other midfield geniuses. Kroos didn't even bother to track back for most of his RM career because he knew Casemiro would defend for 3. Casemiro defensively had it all, spatial awareness, tackling, duels etc etc. He is an absolute tank but one you now have to protect as he has some obvious flaws which is understable given the amount of mileage in his legs but in his peak......He was the best CDM for seasons upon seasons.

Tcho is a great player and has some qualities Casemiro lacked but as a pure ball winner nobody comes close to him, not even Kante

Mendy is trash and I've  never been impressed with him. This season he's  making alot of mistakes at the back, the one and only quality he has. Can't wait for the day we bin him and start playing Alaba there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:44 pm

I’m not disputing Casemiro value to us over the years. All I am saying is we are better off with Tchouameni instead of LAST YEAR’s Casemiro.

I’m not arguing you about Mendy, as I didn’t last year. But I don’t see him making any more errors than last year. Pretty obvious Carlo has confidence in him particularly re defense and Carlo obviously has a different opinion of Alaba at CB than you.

Bottom line as I started this discussion, we are stronger than last year, particularly with Tchouameni, stronger depth on defense and midfield, and with RW with either Valverde or Rodrygo plus we have done well with the absence of both Benzema and Courtois, the two previously considered indispensable.

Also note worthy, is we passed our first real test with flying colours.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:47 am

Nobody is saying that Casemiro wasn't great. He was. But compared to the last 2 years of Casemiro, this Tchouameni is better. That's all.

And in terms of talent, Tchouameni has more. He's playing at this level at 22 years old in his first year at Real Madrid coming to a new league. Imagine what he becomes once he actually gets experience and figures out the league. He's going to be a monster.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:25 am

Ignoring the comparison with Casemiro, I think the fact that Tcho just slipped in and gained the confidence of the vets tells you how great the young man is. Really happy that Tcho not only wanted to come here but also glad Madrid actually didn't listen to us dumb fans and be all cheap with the purchase.

All I need is Camavinga to keep going growing and we'll have a midfield duo that would be absolutely formidable for years. I say duo because Valverde plays anywhere so he technically wouldn't be in a trio.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Doc, they are planning (hoping) to bring in Bellingham next summer, which means Camavinga is not necessarily a starter, post Modric / Kross. However I think they are seeing the value in having reserve starters on the bench with rotations in today’s overly crowded schedules.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:17 pm

Camavinga won't accept being on the bench for more than this year imo. He had no problem giving it 2 years to earn a spot as a regular. After that, he'll want playing time... and he should. He's 19. Needs to play.

Personally, I think Camavinga takes over for Kroos. I think Kroos retires or moves on after this year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:44 pm

I don’t necessarily think that is the case Sports. When I first saw the interest in Bellingham, I wondered why given the three we already have and how good they are. Then I see how all 6 (including Ceballos) midfielders are being played plus seeing Valverde excelling as a RW. All this and if anything the interest in Bellingham is becoming more prominent. The way I see it Camavinga is Kroos replacement and Bellingham as Modric’s but where does that leave Valverde? I can see the same thing you say about Camavinga with Rodrigo.

In addition to Tchouameni, Valverde, Camavinga, Bellingham, there may also be Ceballos and Reiner.

But at the same time, we said same thing about Rudgier coming in and yet that seems to be working out with rotations. And given today’s futbol schedules incl. international times, injuries are inevitable.

So I’m wondering if the starters are 14, with an extra Defenseman, midfielder and forward in the mix with rotations is a vision of the future!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:01 am

sportsczy wrote:Camavinga won't accept being on the bench for more than this year imo. He had no problem giving it 2 years to earn a spot as a regular. After that, he'll want playing time... and he should. He's 19. Needs to play.

Personally, I think Camavinga takes over for Kroos. I think Kroos retires or moves on after this year.

Agreed to the needs to play part. He isn't going to be like an Iniesta who patiently waited his time to shine. The young man wanna play regularly and quite frankly, I prefer him over Bellingham. Big time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:18 am

Cama ought to be careful of going the Odegaard route instead of Valverde. He needs to bide his time and learn from the legends ahead of him while they are still here. There is alot of flaws in his game that he needs to improve on. No 19 yo should DEMAND to start for a team like RM. Hope he knows that!

He will be a starter eventually when he has matured enough for Carlo to trust him as a starter. Right now he doesn't. Valverde was about to be a starter 3 seasons ago, then he got injured and it was all an uphill battle after that but he never complained and took advantage of any chance he got until his big break.

If we get Bellingham i think it's because we want to push Valverde up to this pseudo RW/RCM role permanently.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:40 pm

What hala said. I couldn't have said it better, he should work hard and be patient. It's not like kroos and modric are in their mid 20s. He should learn the game and bide his time.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next