8 posters

Go down

Which one?

MacBooks or Windows? Vote_lcap60%MacBooks or Windows? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
MacBooks or Windows? Vote_lcap40%MacBooks or Windows? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

MacBooks or Windows? Empty MacBooks or Windows?

Post by Davis Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:27 am

Which one do you prefer?

Personally, I prefer MacBooks. I’ve been using them for years now.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

MacBooks or Windows? Empty Re: MacBooks or Windows?

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:28 pm

who else thinks that Ben and Davis are the same person?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:09 pm

Not only the same but also computer generated or something, possibly alien species
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:10 pm

Never go App£€ in anything lmao.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:25 pm

got myself an HP Ryzen 5 recently... slick and nice and fast
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Davis wrote:Which one do you prefer?

Personally, I prefer MacBooks. I’ve been using them for years now.

I prefer MacBooks over laptops as well, but I wouldn't argue that MacBooks are generally better in any way. Apple products are known for being price inflated, and a lot of that cost is due to design. Additional equipment and components cost a premium, and they've intentionally made it so that a lot of Apple software aren't compatible with other devices/operating systems, and vice versa. PCs are more customizable, better for gaming, and have a lot of benefits over Macs.

That said, once you get used to navigating through menus on a Mac, it just feels more intuitive and seamless. There's a certain user friendliness that's hard to beat for someone who cares about such things. So all in all, PCs are better for a lot of specific tasks, and they're also cheaper in general. Macs tend to be better for video editing and creative tasks, but for the average Joe, they're mostly valued for their user friendliness and/or design. From personal experience, crashes happen extremely rarely on Macs compared to PCs, and I've been using both for over a decade now. It can be a real pain in the ass when they occur on PCs, and those occur much more frequently.

Personally, I use a Macbook Pro mostly for casual entertainment, like browsing the web or watching Netflix when my TV isn't nearby. I also use it for certain software since it's quicker to navigate through them on a Mac compared to a PC. I also don't believe I've ever seen a laptop that could compare to the touchpad of a MacBook Pro. It's just a really comfortable and responsive touchpad compared to anything else that I've seen in a laptop. I have a laptop that I would've used for gaming when I was a teenager, but I don't play games on PC anymore, and so I exclusively use it for schoolwork (I study programming and IT- related leadership). Some of my teachers are not fans of using Apple versions of software related to my courses, even if they do exist (sometimes they don't), and I've also run into issues trying to download virtual computing software that just have shitty Mac versions.

If you don't need a PC for something that specifically requires it, your choice will boil down to preference. If you use your laptop or stationary computer for gaming or certain IT- related tasks, you may want to avoid buying a Mac, just to not have to deal with the migraines of figuring out whether or not it's compatible with the task you want to accomplish. I hope that answered your question Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:32 pm

I'm a pretentious aesthete who willingly drinks the Apple koolaid when it comes to its history and "values" Laughing (and that of Steve Jobs) and its design sensibilities. Don't play video games anymore and if I did I'd build a PC. Don't need my MacBook Pro for anything other than vanilla office use and casual entertainment, maybe some video editing soon.

I don't live too far away from a lot of museums with fancy modernist, avant-garde architecture, I like going to those places. My MacBook Pro feels like those places, it feels like being inside the Guggenheim.

Sold. Laughing
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:50 pm

I prefer MacBooks and iPhones for the design, ecosystem and seamlessness but I don’t mind Windows. Android makes me sick though and I’ve never liked it

For me, gaming is limited exclusively to PlayStation so I don’t care for it on my Apple devices
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:21 pm

Android shits on iPhone because you can completely customize the experience and arent locked behind Apple's draconian rules, never ever going back to Iphone, plus I prefer Samsung's designs. If you're locked into the Apple ecyosystem, cool, but there's so much freedom with Android.

I do love the aesthetic of modern macbooks and they're known for their longevity, doesn't seem to be much in the same space on windows, the only competitors that I researched are hit and miss when it comes to build quality, that said their configurations for memory and storage are a fucking huge ripoff, I'm leaning towards pivoting to a macbook in the near future but I don't want to leave Windows tbh, just because a lot of things I do on windows cant be done on mac, there's not as much support for extensions and what not.

That said I think when you often hear that people are keeping their macbooks for 5-7 years no issues I think you can justify the cost, rather than a Windows laptop that may not last 4 without running into issues. I'm hoping we see some real competitors to the M chip macbooks soon though, I really like the idea of a fanless laptop (assuming they can get the cooling right)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:13 pm

The Madrid One wrote:I'm a pretentious aesthete who willingly drinks the Apple koolaid when it comes to its history and "values" Laughing (and that of Steve Jobs) and its design sensibilities. Don't play video games anymore and if I did I'd build a PC. Don't need my MacBook Pro for anything other than vanilla office use and casual entertainment, maybe some video editing soon.

I don't live too far away from a lot of museums with fancy modernist, avant-garde architecture, I like going to those places. My MacBook Pro feels like those places, it feels like being inside the Guggenheim.

Sold. Laughing

and that's exactly the delusion Jobs and co wanted you lot to fall for

without going into all the niche features and specifics, for me the easy quality budget choice always wins, it's that simple, hence windows and android
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:31 pm

Imo it's not delusion if it's true. Apple devices are every bit as good as the company claim they are, most people have a gripe with the price and it is rather handsome but if you consider longevity and consistent updates for years on end, they are worth it. As Firenze said, you might get 2-3 additional years of issue-free use which is surely worth that 1-2k more. I'm not sure why people don't think in these terms? Imo all things considered Apple is not exploiting their brand name as much as you'd think. You have to consider the resale value these products have, the great ecosystem and privacy measures, the longevity and many other aspects. Their products are so good precisely because everything is tailored for the exclusive ecosystem
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:51 pm

when i said delusion, i was referring to TMO's grand description of how apple makes him "feel" more elitist. That's 100% delusion.

i recently upgraded my windows laptop and android phone which lasted me 6 and 5 years respectively and they were still in good running condition. So i don't buy the "longevity" factor as well for apple.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:14 pm

I actually didn't consider the longevity factor until Firenze mentioned it, but my last Macbook lasted from 2012 until 2022. Exactly 10 years before the battery started failing. I don't think I've ever had a computer for more than 5-6 years before it started running slowly or forced me to replace it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:49 am

El Gunner wrote:when i said delusion, i was referring to TMO's grand description of how apple makes him "feel" more elitist. That's 100% delusion.

i recently upgraded my windows laptop and android phone which lasted me 6 and 5 years respectively and they were still in good running condition. So i don't buy the "longevity" factor as well for apple.

MacBooks or Windows? Kool-aid
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:25 pm

Thimmy wrote:I actually didn't consider the longevity factor until Firenze mentioned it, but my last Macbook lasted from 2012 until 2022. Exactly 10 years before the battery started failing. I don't think I've ever had a computer for more than 5-6 years before it started running slowly or forced me to replace it.

Funnily enough my £1400 gaming laptop has a failing keyboard 2 years in, gonna make the jump to mac I think, tired of windows laptops having issues after a couple years, build quality just isn't the same. trying to hold out to October to see if M3 Macs get announced though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:45 pm

/bought a new Macbook air M1 last week. Can't even stress it enough how much better it is than any windows laptop and its not even the pro version.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:41 pm

Anyone who goes for Windows over MacBook is Laughing if they can afford it.

Mac is better in every possible way and its not even close.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:05 pm

I love the screen on apple devices too. Its so easy on the eyes and the colors adapt to the environment, huge change I had a Lenovo laptop before and quickly dropped it after using it for 1 hour felt like 10h no kidding, absolutely pitiful screen

The so called 'budget' options are never that, because you give away so much and its not worth it. Honestly Macbooks change the way you think about laptops and what they should be like.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:41 pm

Budget options ironically lose you more money than you gain.

Akin to people refusing to spend on high quality organic food thinking they will save money whereas the cheap seed oils and refined carbs will amount huge in hospital bills.

Apple is engineering perfection and it's been the case for a while now.

Its ecosystem is a gem.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:12 pm

again, it's all just in your heads
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:57 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Akin to people refusing to spend on high quality organic food thinking they will save money whereas the cheap seed oils and refined carbs will amount huge in hospital bills.

I've learned that in my late teens already,  I've rarely ever saved money when going for the budget option, that goes for anything: electronics, cars, food, fuel and more.

There's a petrol station nearby where I live that sells slightly cheaper gas, but when you fuel up down there your car spits out the engine and dies a gruesome death.

Is the entire concept of 'budget option' a scam?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:09 am

Its not a scam its akin to how boomers freak out when some do raw eggs or eat Tartare cause raw since village culture meant boil and cook all to avoid parasites. Same thing like old poor generations saving saving saving because spending or investing never was a concept to them.

Ironic part is you lose more money by budget options.

Apple is objective quality over windows and its not even close.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:48 pm

Right its not a scam per se because there are people who simply have budget restraints that don't allow them to go beyond a certain threshold but what I mean is that after the dust is settled and you add up all the expenses, longevity, repair cost, aging and so forth only then do you get a realistic image on whether you actually save by going for the budget options. So you only save in the moment but not in the long run.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:02 pm

Real fact of the matter that people won't admit a lot of Apple hate is pure cope due to the price. Thats mostly what it comes down to. I bought the most unnecessary purchase ever just last month in an m3 max space black (no i didn't need max) and the presentation and quality is just utterly obscene. Apple has slowed down in what they revolutionise but what you've written is very true down to the core.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down