Youtube declares war on adblockers

5 posters

Go down

Youtube declares war on adblockers Empty Youtube declares war on adblockers

Post by Warrior Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 19:42

It's getting more and more agressive each day

But then i have this trick which works for now

First of all, deactivate your adblocker for Youtube

Then open extension uBlock origin -> my filters -> copy the code below (entirely not line by line) than paste

Code:

Hope it helps if like me, you don't care for ads
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Youtube declares war on adblockers Empty Re: Youtube declares war on adblockers

Post by Myesyats Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 19:49

Firefox works fine with adblocker
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 20:09

A friend told me about this like 2 weeks ago but it was fine for me on Chrome

But last week-end i started to get warnings, then warnings i could only skip after 5 seconds, and now some three strikes warning that if i don't disable the adblocker i'll get banned, wait i don't even have an account lol

They are trying to make us pay for Youtube Plus it's 15$ per month Laughing fuck them
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 20:19

Chrome is based on chromium. Firefox isn't.

So far adblockers are working fine on Firefox, and it should stay that way for the time being i think
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 20:27

Really ? I've seen comments from people who got this problem on Firefox

Might change browser just for that reason if anything, right now it's a coding war between Youtube and uBlock. Quite pathetic from Youtube tbh
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 21:19

Myesyats wrote:Chrome is based on chromium. Firefox isn't.

So far adblockers are working fine on Firefox,  and it should stay that way for the time being i think

I'm on Firefox. I noticed the warning on Youtube last week, but it popped up very infrequently and it wasn't much of an issue to cross it out and not think about it until the next time it appeared.

It's been popping up more frequently since yesterday, and it has a 5 second countdown now, so you can't remove it immediately. Youtube has gradually been getting worse since it was bought out by Google.

I really wish a rivaling platform would appear and actually be good enough to compete with them.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 21:41

Soon you'll get the 3 strikes you're out pop-ups

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/178yasm/youtube_antiadblock_and_ads_october_16_2023/

Thankfully we are not alone and internet users are very resourceful to find solutions

There is also a PC app, called Freetube, i will read reviews tonight and maybe try it

https://alternativeto.net/software/freetube/about/
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 21:49

yea my firefox is still fine, haven't seen anything at all... maybe it's also country-based

Thimmy wrote:I really wish a rivaling platform would appear and actually be good enough to compete with them.
once they become big enough, they'll also get greedy... it's in the name of the game
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 3:40

El Gunner wrote:yea my firefox is still fine, haven't seen anything at all... maybe it's also country-based

Thimmy wrote:I really wish a rivaling platform would appear and actually be good enough to compete with them.
once they become big enough, they'll also get greedy... it's in the name of the game

That is to be expected to some extent, but I like to think that a different company would be running the platform better. Google has always rubbed me the wrong way, and I was reminded of that when I wrote a diet/health-related comment on Youtube the other day, and it was never actually published - presumably because I used the term "sex hormone binding globuline" and the comment was deemed to be inappropriate.

Google have gradually racked up the censorship since they became the owners of Youtube, and that's another thing I definitely don't like about the company. One can argue that censorship is necessary to some extent, but Google are the wokest of the woke as far as big companies go.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 21:36

Lmao, a little over a week has passed and they've started blocking Firefox aswell. Ehh, was good while it lasted, maybe i'll try to activate the workarounds.... Such a shame because youtube is my favorite service overall
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 22:14

If you have uBlock origin just click on the reddit link i posted above and follow the steps. It's easy

Sometimes you'll have to reboot because Youtube is working actively to counter adblockers. I'd say every 2 days you have to reboot.

The way i see it, eventually Youtube will give up their daily updates because majority of people will just cope with the ads.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 22:49

What do you mean reboot? Reinstall the ublocker?

I'm sure they'll find a way to circumvent that too hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 23:05

Anyway the code from post #1 doesnt work for me hmm copied it as you instructed and nothing

Youtube declares war on adblockers Llllll10
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 23:39

Reboot as in reset to default and re-enter the quick fixes

The codes don't work anymore because Youtube does daily updates they are insane. Thankfully so does uBlock

Instead follow the steps on the Reddit thread in post #7 you won't need to enter codes. When you get the pop-up on youtube, just reboot uBlock and re-follow the steps.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat 28 Oct 2023 - 13:20

Sounds like a lot of work to repeat that every 1/2 days is it even worth the hassle? I think I found a new workaround, just open youtube in incognito mode with adblockers enabled in private mode, works for me thus far
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat 28 Oct 2023 - 14:39

It takes less than 20 seconds but i guess using masturbito mode is even simpler. Not sure why Youtube don't detect your adblocker anymore but that's a good solution i was not aware of.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 15 Apr 2024 - 14:24

The platform keeps going downhill. After waging war on adblockers, now the new UI update is the worst I have ever seen from any website quite frankly. Borderline unusable layout, and I have also noticed that they keep recommending me a random video every day from small channels with 100 views. No thanks.

And don't get me started on Shorts, they are absolutely redundant and get in the way of the actually valuable content. Why does every freaking website have to have Shorts, reels etc nowadays..
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 2:14

Myesyats wrote:The platform keeps going downhill. After waging war on adblockers, now the new UI update is the worst I have ever seen from any website quite frankly. Borderline unusable layout, and I have also noticed that they keep recommending me a random video every day from small channels with 100 views. No thanks.

And don't get me started on Shorts, they are absolutely redundant and get in the way of the actually valuable content. Why does every freaking website have to have Shorts, reels etc nowadays..

I mean, do you have to ask? It's because short form videos are wildly popular. Now, and for the last decade. They wouldn't do it if they wasn't successful, and based on the number of shorts my near-retirement father watches, it's definitely successful. Not that I disagree with you in general about the shorts, which suck ass.

As for me, my brother got a family subscription to YouTube premium, and I've been reaping the benefits of that for a couple years now. Tbh, of all the websites in the world (maybe outside Google and Wikipedia), if youtube is gonna ask for money from me to make the experience great, I'll do it.

Much rather have YouTube premium than pay for some sort of Netflix or HBO Max or something. I use YouTube more, that's for sure.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 2:15

I have also noticed the weird showing of videos with like 2k views from accounts with 620 subscribers and I have to ask... wtf?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 2:29

I like the Youtube shorts i can watch them for hours since the algorithm is spot on to my liking. Don't really mind being recommended less popular stuff.

Then honey made me realize this is exactly the same as Tik Tok whose users i've been mocking and calling losers for years :facepalm:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 22:05

CBarca wrote:
Myesyats wrote:The platform keeps going downhill. After waging war on adblockers, now the new UI update is the worst I have ever seen from any website quite frankly. Borderline unusable layout, and I have also noticed that they keep recommending me a random video every day from small channels with 100 views. No thanks.

I mean, do you have to ask? It's because short form videos are wildly popular. Now, and for the last decade. They wouldn't do it if they wasn't successful, and based on the number of shorts my near-retirement father watches, it's definitely successful. Not that I disagree with you in general about the shorts, which suck ass.

As for me, my brother got a family subscription to YouTube premium, and I've been reaping the benefits of that for a couple years now. Tbh, of all the websites in the world (maybe outside Google and Wikipedia), if youtube is gonna ask for money from me to make the experience great, I'll do it.

Much rather have YouTube premium than pay for some sort of Netflix or HBO Max or something. I use YouTube more, that's for sure.

I dont even mind shorts that much, but why not give the user an option to disable them? Why do they have to cover 50% of my screen if I dont want them?

All it really takes is one button to hide that part, or at least make it smaller. Instead they give zero customization options because... they can i guess.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down