Jay29
Lex
EL Patron
Sri
Amar
48 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 39 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:48 pm

srigooner wrote:Everyone, including Wenger, and the board, have confirmed that we need defensive reinforcements. They will bring someone in. My money is on a last day deal for Cahill. Period.

There are reports that we are negotiating with Bolton for Cahill and include Ngog in a part exchange deal who they want and thats why we dropped our interest in Dann.Unfortunately none of those rumors are credible so probably BS.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 39 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:52 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:honigstein raphael honigstein
by philmcnulty
Wenger in Kicker today: no interest in Mertesacker. "We have four central defenders, no need for another one" #AFC
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

It's an old quote.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Straight from Arsenal.com :

Arsène Wenger expects the future of Cesc Fabregas to be decided “very quickly” now.

Media reports in the past 24 hours suggested that the destination of the Arsenal captain next season would be determined by the start of the Premier League this weekend – whether it be Emirates Stadium or Barcelona. On Thursday afternoon Arsenal Player got the latest from the manager.

“That is completely the truth,” he said. “We hope it will be sorted out very quickly one way or the other. We’ll know very quickly.”

Meanwhile the future of Samir Nasri is also under the microscope. Once again his manager wanted a speedy resolution.

“The Nasri situation is stable,” said Wenger. “Again it is very difficult to speak about possible transfers but we are in a situation where we have to make decisions one way or the other. Ideally you want it to be sorted out before the season starts.”
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:Gervinho is better on the left wing, not the right.
Cuts in and shoots?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Fabregas definitely going, then. Sad

Sounds like the Nasri situation is still up in the air.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Well it was confirmed that Wenger bid for Jones and Jagielka at least which shows that Wenger is looking for a CD.

Unless he's done one of them u-turns we've seen before where he says he is looking for a player but then says his squad is good enough near the end of the window, but I don't think he'll risk not buying a defender because there would be outrage from a lot of Arsenal supporters.

I don't know about Dann yet tbh. This statistic makes him look pretty promising:

Birmingham goals conceded with and without Dann last season.

26 goals in 27 with him, and 40 in 22 without him.

And the compilations of him on YT make him seem like a good prospect. But at the same time is he what we are looking for? Cahill apparently is better than Dann, or rather that is the vibe I'm getting but is he worth an extra 11 million, if Dann could do a similar job to Cahill?

Last edited by ArsenalWenger on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Why dont they just buy Per Mertesacker instead of Dann or Cahill?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Cahill isn't that much better than Dann. I don't know where this perception of Cahill being some sort of excellent defender is coming from. Not the first time I've said this, actually...

Anyway, Cahill is not worth £17,000,000, especially when he's in the final year of his contract. Dann for £6,000,000 would be a better signing. Not much difference between the two and significantly cheaper. That's not bad, is it?

Also, a couple of years ago Birmingham had the fifth best defensive record in the league with a defensive partnership of Johnson and Dann. Joe Hart was in goal.

Remember, we're looking for someone better than Squillaci and Dann certainly fits that bill.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Artilleristen wrote:Why dont they just buy Per Mertesacker instead of Dann or Cahill?
Its just the media talk, no one knows who wenger is interested in.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Cesc Sad
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Spider wrote:Cesc Sad

Cesc Smile

Not trolling. Just that I have reached the limit of my patience with him. He is a great player, possibly the best around Europe in his position, statistics back that. But his behavior this summer has been disappointing. The minute he agreed to put in his money to fund a way, I lost it. Yes he has not publicly made a plea or put in a transfer request, but how is funding his move any different from either crying to the media or putting in a transfer request? Its a little more discreet, is all.

We will miss him? Yes.
Are we weakened w/o him? Yes.
Does it hamper our trophy chances? Yes.

Is he more valuable than Arsenal? NO.
Will Arsenal lose top 4 spot because he leaves? NO.

Here is what will happen. He'll get him dream move, and we'll say good bye and best wishes. Maybe not with as much love as we'd've showered on him before his acts this summer. But still, we'll say goodbye and conduct ourselves in a more class way. Cause Arsenal is class. And we, the supporters, are class.

He'll probably rot the bench there, or have a tough time with Thiago for the starting spot, or (I hope) continue there as one of the very best midfielders in Europe.

We'll take a little while to recover from the loss. After that, however, we will rise again. Our players will step up to the task of filling in the void. We will finish in the top 3 with probably even FA Cup or League Cup. We will do fairly well in CL. And this will be a better season than the last 2-3 seasons. Maybe better than Adebawhore's breakthrough season as well. BECAUSE ARSENAL WILL PLAY AS A TEAM. And I truly believe in Wenger and his capability as a man manager to make this happen.

The media, Brit, Catalan or otherwise, can go take a hike.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I really cant wait for him to leave, I want to forget about him ASAP. Now we will have a real Captain to lead the gunners.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
I really cant wait for him to leave, I want to forget about him ASAP. Now we will have a real Captain to lead the gunners.

Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:56 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Cahill isn't that much better than Dann. I don't know where this perception of Cahill being some sort of excellent defender is coming from. Not the first time I've said this, actually...

Anyway, Cahill is not worth £17,000,000, especially when he's in the final year of his contract. Dann for £6,000,000 would be a better signing. Not much difference between the two and significantly cheaper. That's not bad, is it?

Also, a couple of years ago Birmingham had the fifth best defensive record in the league with a defensive partnership of Johnson and Dann. Joe Hart was in goal.

Remember, we're looking for someone better than Squillaci and Dann certainly fits that bill.

If I'm being honest, I haven't watched much of Scott Dann or Gary Cahill so I wouldn't put myself in the best position of judging who's better, so I corrected my first post however based on stats (although Dann was out for half the season) and some highlights of both I would say Cahill is better than Dann. Or maybe I've just jumped on to the Gary Cahill bandwagon because all I see when I'm reading about Scott Dann are people complaining about Wenger being cheap, Cahill being better etc. from both the Liverpool and Arsenal camp.

I have high hopes for Koscielny and we have yet to see Vermaelen paired with him consistenly for a few games, just the Liverpool and Blackburn matches I think. If Dann comes in and does a good job then I'm happy, I'm just looking for as many opinions as possible to build up a profile of him.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:57 pm

srigooner wrote:

Cesc Smile

Not trolling. Just that I have reached the limit of my patience with him. He is a great player, possibly the best around Europe in his position, statistics back that. But his behavior this summer has been disappointing. The minute he agreed to put in his money to fund a way, I lost it. Yes he has not publicly made a plea or put in a transfer request, but how is funding his move any different from either crying to the media or putting in a transfer request? Its a little more discreet, is all.

We will miss him? Yes.
Are we weakened w/o him? Yes.
Does it hamper our trophy chances? Yes.

Is he more valuable than Arsenal? NO.
Will Arsenal lose top 4 spot because he leaves? NO.

Here is what will happen. He'll get him dream move, and we'll say good bye and best wishes. Maybe not with as much love as we'd've showered on him before his acts this summer. But still, we'll say goodbye and conduct ourselves in a more class way. Cause Arsenal is class. And we, the supporters, are class.

He'll probably rot the bench there, or have a tough time with Thiago for the starting spot, or (I hope) continue there as one of the very best midfielders in Europe.

We'll take a little while to recover from the loss. After that, however, we will rise again. Our players will step up to the task of filling in the void. We will finish in the top 3 with probably even FA Cup or League Cup. We will do fairly well in CL. And this will be a better season than the last 2-3 seasons. Maybe better than Adebawhore's breakthrough season as well. BECAUSE ARSENAL WILL PLAY AS A TEAM. And I truly believe in Wenger and his capability as a man manager to make this happen.

The media, Brit, Catalan or otherwise, can go take a hike.

Post of the year!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Nah man i really love this dude , i just don't wanna see him in Barca shirt Sad

+ We're set to lose him for less than our asking price just because he wants to go back to his old club , ( If he really misses his old club then he shouldn't sign a 6/5 years contract ) , he is just doing barca a very VERY BIG favor instead of paying 45m they are now paying 40m i guess

Pastore Went for 43M FGS !!!!!!!!!!!! how is that possible !!!!!!!!!!!!

CESC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pastore

FML
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:03 pm

But he aint going!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:03 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:

Post of the year!

Thanks mate.. Was a bit of a rant after seeing all the pessimism surrounding this transfer in the forums.. I'm away for a couple of days and you boys get up to soo much! :/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Yeah, why the efff do people weant to see cesc leave, its not like he hates Arsenal or something, he ain't Adebayor, so why is there the anomosity towards him?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Artilleristen wrote:Yeah, why the efff do people weant to see cesc leave, its not like he hates Arsenal or something, he ain't Adebayor, so why is there the anomosity towards him?

He is disrupting the whole team, and the world knows he don't want to be at Arsenal anymore.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:Yeah, why the efff do people weant to see cesc leave, its not like he hates Arsenal or something, he ain't Adebayor, so why is there the anomosity towards him?

He is disrupting the whole team, and the world knows he don't want to be at Arsenal anymore.

Fu** The world

I know and the whole Arsenal team knows that if Cesc stays this season then he will give 110% to the team
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:24 pm

His behaviour through the preseason has been suggestive of anything but commitment man.. I understand your reasons for putting your faith in him.. However, try as I might, him and Nasri are two players I just don't see as a part of Arsenal anymore.. When I think of who plays in our midfield, the minds that spring to my head are Ramsey, Wilshere, Song, Rosicky, Frimpong, Lansbury....... And then Fabregas... And then I remind myself that we still have Nasri and Diaby.. And then I remember that Denilson is on loan.. Nothing against the quality of Fabregas or Nasri, but just that I don't see the same commitment in them anymore.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Something I recently found on Football365:

Fifteen Steps To A Modern Transfer

It starts with the wave to the crowd and ends in exit (possibly), via tweeting from the pool, claims of kidnap, quotes in the foreign press, denials from the club and...

1. The player says a poignant farewell to the crowd at his last home game of the season, involving lots of thumbs-ups and staring forlornly into the crowd as if to say, "we'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when". This is the highlight of a truly mediocre season for him. The player does well to conceal the fact that he is bored shitless. The more po-faced fans provide a standing ovation, chant his name, unfurl his national flag and cry into their chip butties.

2. The player goes on holiday where he tweets poolside directly to his several hundred thousand followers: 'Guys, don't believe anything until you've heard it from me.' He then proceeds to give numerous interviews to the local press about how it rains too much in England and he misses his dogs who couldn't get past quarantine at Heathrow.

3. The club issues a statement saying that the quotes given to the press were 'taken out of context' and the player is perfectly happy. Next year is going to be a big one for the club and he will be an integral part of it.

4. The tabloid press show pictures of a fake tudor mansion with a 'For Sale' sign outside. An exclusive interview with the real estate agent looking after the sale says the furniture has already been moved to Spain/Italy/France/Argentina. A smaller photograph inset on the tudor mansion photo shows the footballer on the phone, presumably organising the sale.

5. The BBC have the story. Things are really hotting up now as the transfer rumour appears on the BBC website. They broke the news about Trevor Francis moving to Nottingham Forest in early 2005, so there's a clear precedent for them breaking these stories.

6. Each one of the teammates on the players' former team provide their analysis of the situation, careful to prefix their statements with "I'm not saying he's unhappy but..." and "I'd personally never dream of unsettling another team's player but..."

7. The mayor of the city where the player was born accuses the player's current club of kidnapping the player, failing to take into account that kidnappers generally aren't paid £100,000 a week with bonuses after signing a contact to be kidnapped.

8. Desperately seeking some reassurance from the player, fans wait for him to provide them with something to cling to. The player tweets about how great the Tour de France is this year and how he loves Haribo Magic Mix.

9. The player gives further interviews to foreign press, telling them that a) he'll never set foot in England again, b) he's signed a pre-contract with the foreign club, c) his great-grandfather sold his wife's wedding ring to fund the purchase of the club's ground back in 1911, and d) he's got a hamstring injury so can't play in the pre-season friendlies, anyway.

10. The player's current club say that they're tired of refuting this rumour. By talking about it, they just fuel it. They'd rather talk about the recent draw against some plucky amateurs in Kuala Lumpur/Singapore/Kolkatta. Anyway, the player has a contract and is happy at the club. And he's injured, by the way.

11. The player is photographed arriving in Heathrow looking glum. He only has a small bag, which suggests that it will be a brief stay. Tabloids report that he is staying at a hotel 'near the airport' for added effect.

12. Directors of the foreign club arrive in the UK to tender a derisory offer for the player. This invariably includes an above-average youth team player who's been tearing up the Spanish Third Division for half a season now. This is offered as the £10m makeweight in the deal. Arsene Wenger once bid for the player, which makes everyone think he's the new Dennis Bergkamp, when in fact he's the new Francis Jeffers.

13. The player isn't on the player's pre-season photoshoot: conclusive evidence that a deal has been tied up for the player to leave.

14. A deal is done! It appears the player has signed terms on a contract with the new team.

15. A deal isn't done. Repeat steps 1-13 in 12 months time.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/7093450/Fifteen-Steps-To-A-Modern-Transfer

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Wel what you guys are hoping for our best player to leave, are you stupid its the preseaon, and who is going to replace cesc, and bring the same quality, i don't see anyone who can.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Artilleristen wrote:Wel what you guys are hoping for our best player to leave, are you stupid its the preseaon, and who is going to replace cesc, and bring the same quality, i don't see anyone who can.
If cesc wants to leave then we can do nothing about it. He better leave cause you dont want unhappy player in your squad or do you?. I still like him though and think he is one of the best player in the world. However we do have ready made replacement for cesc and that would be Jack Wilshere. Ramsey can too play in the same position but i would prefer wilsher over him so ramsey can take wilsheres place.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Jack Wishere is not Cesc. Not close... never will be. He's an energy player with good technical skills. Does not have the flair or vision of a Cesc Fabregas. Losing Nasri was ok because of Gervinho. Losing Cesc was never ok. But it is what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next