Jay29
Lex
EL Patron
Sri
Amar
48 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 38 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sushi Master Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:05

Shaktar are consistently in the CL, so at least he's used to top flight football already.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 38 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Eman Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:19

lenear1030 wrote:Hazard>>>>>Nasri
It's your opinion, and in a few years I might agree, but right now I disagree. Nasri is definitely replaceable though. Still, I think he will be a star and if we lose him we might regret it a few years down the road.

I'm really worried about losing Cesc though. Nobody can replace him immediately if he leaves, certainly not anyone we would realistically buy or promote. I'm a very optimistic person about our team, and at this moment in time I even have that subtle tingling in my balls that we are in a good position to win any competition we enter as long as people get their form and we sign another good defender. However, if we lose Cesc, I will definitely not expect us to win anything this year unless we get lucky in a cup competition or something.

Last edited by Eman on Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:20; edited 1 time in total
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:19

gunnerlistick wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Jadson is solid. He's stop gap measure for a year or two until someone else either develops or is bought. Not a bad purchase.

Not sure how competitive the Ukrainien league is though lol.

Seen him play before...decent skilfull player but too small.

never knew cesc was a 6ft giant lol

he looks like 75% fabregas. which is very good, with wilshere and ramsey getting another years exp in the epl. i think we are sorted creatively this season if he comes.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:36

Hazard is light years ahead of Nasri already. Nasri has little vision and is only effective in tight spaces and close to goal. He is failing miserable in the AM role with the France NT. He will be benched for Marvin Martin come Euro qualifying.

Watching L1 for years now and last year obviously, i can tell you that Hazard is just on a another level. Samir has shown flashes, but nothing consistent. Samir's best position is the SS behind the CF. But there aren't a lot of teams that play a 4-4-2 with a SS. He needs to become a better player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:39

Marvin Martin is one player I have heard a lot about of late.. As is Goetze..

As I am in Germany myself, I have been able to follow Goetze, albeit loosely..

Hows Marvin? Age? Position (AM?) ? Skills? Chances of us signing him (wild guesses) ?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:52

Martin led league 1 in assists by a mile last year with 20+. Better than Hazard, Nene, etc. and by a big margin. Impressive when you play for Sochaux.

He's 23 and has been nicknamed "little iniesta" because his style of play, and stature, is exactly the same.

Last night, Blanch put a midfield of M'Villa, Martin and Nasri out against Chile. Nasri was so poor that Martin had to dominate the offensive midfield... and he did. It's not an easy feat since Chile's strength is the midfield with Arturo Vidal as the anchor. Valdivia is also a very technical player. Chile pressures Barca style when you get the ball (less effectively of course). And there's Alexis Sanchez of course.

Huge work rate. Can play CM or AM equally well. Fights for the ball. Always makes himself available to the ball carrier. And lives for the pass, although he can score and shoot if needed. Plays a higher AM role as he likes to be more in the midfield to help the build up.

15 million is too much for Wenger on a french player though. Creates a bad precedent. He's all about getting players for cheap.

He effectively benched Nasri for Euro qualifying games last night though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:56

sportsczy, how effective is Martin on the wings?

Since you compared him to Iniesta, I suppose he's very technical right?
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:57

We already have a precedent with Nasri you know..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:59

For people criticising Jadson or never see him play, watch this > http://t.co/AreNLm9
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:00

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Jadson is solid. He's stop gap measure for a year or two until someone else either develops or is bought. Not a bad purchase.

Not sure how competitive the Ukrainien league is though lol.

Seen him play before...decent skilfull player but too small.

never knew cesc was a 6ft giant lol

he looks like 75% fabregas. which is very good, with wilshere and ramsey getting another years exp in the epl. i think we are sorted creatively this season if he comes.

He is not a replacement for cesc...he is a bit like nasri and rosicky
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:02

I'm actually more worried about replacing Nasri than Fabregas. It sounds strange, but if you look at left wing options without Nasri then you'll understand:

Arshavin - Epitome of inconsistency
Rosicky - Lacks the athelticism, more suited for a central role
Miyaichi - Too inexperienced

We could use Gervinho there, but I'd prefer an actual left sided player or someone who's played there a lot like Mata or Hazard.

Personally, I'd like a more dynamic midfielder to fill in for Fabregas. Go back to a 4-3-3 as opposed to a 4-2-3-1.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:03; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:03

the_gooner wrote:sportsczy, how effective is Martin on the wings?

Since you compared him to Iniesta, I suppose he's very technical right?

Very technical... He's a natural midfielder with vision. I've honestly never seen him play anywhere but AM or CM. Never seen him take a player wide and bend in a cross from the corner. He takes all the corner kicks for France NT when he's on and FKs with Sochaux. So i guess he could do it. Big waste given his talents though.

He's not a Nasri-type player as he's a pass first type of player. His dribbles are meant to create space for him to make a pass.

In his first France NT game against Ukraine in June 2001, he came in for the last 20 mins... scored 2 goals and had 1 assist.

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:06

sportsczy wrote:Hazard is light years ahead of Nasri already. Nasri has little vision and is only effective in tight spaces and close to goal. He is failing miserable in the AM role with the France NT. He will be benched for Marvin Martin come Euro qualifying.

Watching L1 for years now and last year obviously, i can tell you that Hazard is just on a another level. Samir has shown flashes, but nothing consistent. Samir's best position is the SS behind the CF. But there aren't a lot of teams that play a 4-4-2 with a SS. He needs to become a better player.

That's why am not too disappointed in him leaving, we getting good money for a guy who has only given us one consistent season.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:11

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm actually more worried about replacing Nasri than Fabregas. It sounds strange, but if you look at left wing options without Nasri then you'll understand:

We could use Gervinho there, but I'd prefer an actual left sided player or someone who's played there a lot like Mata or Hazard.

Personally, I'd like a more dynamic midfielder to fill in for Fabregas. Go back to a 4-3-3 as opposed to a 4-2-3-1.

gervinho will be great on the left, but we're getting mata too
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:14

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm actually more worried about replacing Nasri than Fabregas. It sounds strange, but if you look at left wing options without Nasri then you'll understand:

nasri played on the right wing most of the time last season ??? i think it was arshavin on the left and gervinho is basically an update of nasri, i mean nasri has a tendency to hold up the ball while gervinho wants to get past the defender, that is what separates them.

this season its between arshavin and gervinho who will play on the left ??
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:19

Nasri only played on the right because of Walcott's injury. When we started the season we played Nasri on the left and Walcott on the right.

Granted, it turned out Nasri was excellent on the right but with Walcott back, Gervinho in and Chamberlain as well, Nasri won't play there again if, by some miracle, he ends up staying.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:21

Jay from the preseason games I notice that Gervinho was more dangerous when he was attacking from the left wing, so I am not sure if Wenger will put him on the left and Walcott on the right.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:23

Samuelj29060 wrote:For people criticising Jadson or never see him play, watch this > http://t.co/AreNLm9

I was not criticizing him, I just never heard of him before, just wanted to know who he was.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:24

Gervinho is better on the left wing, not the right.

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:28

Samuelj29060 wrote:For people criticising Jadson or never see him play, watch this > http://t.co/AreNLm9
Thanks for the link and i must admit he looks good.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:28

honigstein raphael honigstein
by philmcnulty
Wenger in Kicker today: no interest in Mertesacker. "We have four central defenders, no need for another one" #AFC
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:30

BeautifulGame wrote:honigstein raphael honigstein
by philmcnulty
Wenger in Kicker today: no interest in Mertesacker. "We have four central defenders, no need for another one" #AFC

I dont belive in this cause he himself said that he will buy another defender.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:35

djoe26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:honigstein raphael honigstein
by philmcnulty

I dont belive in this cause he himself said that he will buy another defender.

I dont know whether wenger is lying or not but the quotes seem genuine.I dont see any reason why Honistein would make up quotes to tweet.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:40

Everyone, including Wenger, and the board, have confirmed that we need defensive reinforcements. They will bring someone in. My money is on a last day deal for Cahill. Period.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:46

srigooner wrote:Everyone, including Wenger, and the board, have confirmed that we need defensive reinforcements. They will bring someone in. My money is on a last day deal for Cahill. Period.

i think so too. i just hope that that strategy will work
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:48

srigooner wrote:Everyone, including Wenger, and the board, have confirmed that we need defensive reinforcements. They will bring someone in. My money is on a last day deal for Cahill. Period.

There are reports that we are negotiating with Bolton for Cahill and include Ngog in a part exchange deal who they want and thats why we dropped our interest in Dann.Unfortunately none of those rumors are credible so probably BS.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:57; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum