la liga should embrace the scottish comparison..

+32
Abramovich
teamanarchy
the xcx
Seppuku
free_cat
Giuvitojuve
paperbackwriter
Rafinha
REWB
Red Alert
Dnmac4
izzy
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Senor Penguin
kiranr
M99
EarlyPrototype
RED
BeautifulGame
mowgli
che
maverick
Lord Spencer
Mamad
BarcaKizz
Adit
Nishankly
Lord Hades
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
Mr Nick09
cyberman
36 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

la liga should embrace the scottish comparison.. - Page 5 Empty Re: la liga should embrace the scottish comparison..

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
che wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

It's really annoying the way you always suck up to Barca. Evil or Very Mad

so man utd didn't get completely obliterated in both cl finals they played against barcelona?

mkay...

2-1 and 2-0 do not equate to complete obliteration mate. And don't come to me with possession statistics because empty possession does not mean a thing. I am not a fan of both teams, and not a fan of Madrid so don't think I am talking to defend anyone. It just annoys me when someone over exaggerates. It means people actually listen to our rubbish selling media.

UM, it was 3-1, and 2-0. Pretty surprised everyone let you get away with that. So if the score statistic doesn't count, and possession statistic doesn't count, according to you the fact that the media called it a drubbing doesn't count, then please inform us what does count because i'm pretty sure we can pull that stat and it will tell you Barca dominated both finals. I mean, did you not watch the games???? No offense Man U fans, I love you.

I felt something was wrong but was too lazy to search Embarassed

Still, a difference of a 2 goals is not exactly obliteration.

And yes I watched the game, and if you think you dominated as much as the media wants you to believe, then your being biased.

First game:
Barca MU
Goals: 2 0
Poss: 51 49
Shots: 11 (Cool 12(2) With MU hitting the post once (post shots do not count as on target)
C. Kicks: 4 7

From stats alone, you see it is a pretty even match. But I watched the game, and it was not an even match, Barca were superior, but as superior as the media and Che wants you to believe.

Second Game:

This match was a complete Barca dominance. But again, the media over exaggerates. Many of Barca's shots were not dangerous, and they took half of their real Chances.

Goals: 3-1
Poss: 63-37
Shots: 19(12)-4(1)
C. Kicks: 6-0

The stats show a complete dominance by Barca, but the match was close until the 54th minute. Then Man United capitulated.

Again, I am not taking anything from Barca here, I am just asking for more level headed language when debating.

C'mon mate they were dominated if anything they were lucky it was'nt more than 3-1. Ok it was 2-1 until the 54th minute but that was only because of good goalkeeping and poor finishing.

Man Utd had one chance the whole game, that game was the definition of full on domination.

As for the match in Rome, Man Utd were over Barca like a bad rash in the first 10 mins but did'nt really trouble Valdes after that it was all Barca.

I cant believe iam even discussing this tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

la liga should embrace the scottish comparison.. - Page 5 Empty Re: la liga should embrace the scottish comparison..

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Fine, you want to invent your own version of the world where MU just sat there and did nothing in the first final then suit yourself (they did hit the post from the outside in that final).

I already stated 3 times that Barca dominated the second final, but that their dominance was not very effective (bad goal to shot ratio), and hence was not an obliteration.

And Milan did dominate the 2005 Final, but they were highly ineffective at finishing while Dudek was a wall at goalkeeping. I would hardly call 6 minutes of Liverpool dominance being overrun. It is just that they took their short spell of control very effectively.

Regards
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
che wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

so man utd didn't get completely obliterated in both cl finals they played against barcelona?

mkay...

2-1 and 2-0 do not equate to complete obliteration mate. And don't come to me with possession statistics because empty possession does not mean a thing. I am not a fan of both teams, and not a fan of Madrid so don't think I am talking to defend anyone. It just annoys me when someone over exaggerates. It means people actually listen to our rubbish selling media.

UM, it was 3-1, and 2-0. Pretty surprised everyone let you get away with that. So if the score statistic doesn't count, and possession statistic doesn't count, according to you the fact that the media called it a drubbing doesn't count, then please inform us what does count because i'm pretty sure we can pull that stat and it will tell you Barca dominated both finals. I mean, did you not watch the games???? No offense Man U fans, I love you.

And yes I watched the game, and if you think you dominated as much as the media wants you to believe, then your being biased.

First game:
Barca MU
Shots: 11 (Cool 12(2) With MU hitting the post once (post shots do not count as on target)

From stats alone, you see it is a pretty even match. But I watched the game, and it was not an even match, Barca were superior, but as superior as the media and Che wants you to believe.

Second Game:

This match was a complete Barca dominance. But again, the media over exaggerates. Many of Barca's shots were not dangerous, and they took half of their real Chances.

The stats show a complete dominance by Barca, but the match was close until the 54th minute. Then Man United capitulated.

Again, I am not taking anything from Barca here, I am just asking for more level headed language when debating.

C'mon mate they were dominated if anything they were lucky it was'nt more than 3-1. Ok it was 2-1 until the 54th minute but that was only because of good goalkeeping and poor finishing.

Man Utd had one chance the whole game, that game was the definition of full on domination.

As for the match in Rome, Man Utd were over Barca like a bad rash in the first 10 mins but did'nt really trouble Valdes after that it was all Barca.

I cant believe iam even discussing this tbh.

I didn't say Barca were not dominant in the second final, I clearly said that they were dominant but wasteful of chances.

And I still see the first final as something like the Spain vs Holland final, not complete Spanish dominance, but enough to say the deservedly won.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Ah, i should of read through it in greater detail, my apologies Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Wow some La Liga fans are disgusting lol
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
che wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

mkay...

First game:
Barca MU

Second Game:

In the 2nd game, man utd goal was offside, so the game would have ended 3-0 which at that level is a complete and utter domination...

--

Sure the title race in la liga, can be boring but that doesn't mean that there aint any other good teams.2 season ago pathetico won europa league and defeated inter in the super cup and last season man utd should thank soldado that he missed pretty so many chances and were unlucky to lose against shalke.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:RM are a great team no doubt about it...But I always see these "they are far above every other team in europe apart from Barca" comments all the time. Winds me up.

because its true madrid right now is the second best team in europe!!
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm

diptiman wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:RM are a great team no doubt about it...But I always see these "they are far above every other team in europe apart from Barca" comments all the time. Winds me up.

On paper, but they hav'nt done anything to prove it.

1 semi final in 6 or 7 years does'nt make you the 2nd best in europe, Utd are the 2nd best in europe as they were the losing finalists and have been in the last 3 out of 4 finals.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hala Madrid 91 Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:20 pm

This argument is a very poor comparison, the reason La Liga is so noncompetitive recently is because Barca has taken soccer to a new level, if not for a volcanoe and mourinho Barca would have three consecutive champs leagues. Scottish league teams can barely support themselves financially let alone compete with Celtic or Rangers, these two teams have combined for 90+ league titles, Barca and Madrid do not come close to that.
Hala Madrid 91
Hala Madrid 91
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:23 pm

And gents, this is how you bash a league. Well, it wouldn't be bashing if they are some (many) elements of truth to it but let's not get into too much technicality here...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Anyone who says La liga is not the best league in the world is insane. The lower teams are MUcH better then the lower teams of epl. Trust me I watch la liga teams other then the top 4

Barca and madrid are just too good.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:29 pm

diptiman wrote:

la liga should embrace the scottish comparison.. - Page 5 Idiot2

maverick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Funny how some people are hating on madrid yet we madrid fans don't say anything.. class :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:31 pm

maverick wrote:
diptiman wrote:

After reading some of your posts in the 'Chelsea sign Romeu' Thread, I can't say this can get anymore ironic.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:35 pm

izzy26 wrote:
maverick wrote:
diptiman wrote:

After reading some of your posts in the 'Chelsea sign Romeu' Thread, I can't say this can get anymore ironic.

what are you trying to say

Last edited by maverick on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

maverick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:37 pm

maverick wrote:what are you tring to say

Pot. Kettle. Black. :coffee:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Funny how some people are hating on madrid yet we madrid fans don't say anything.. class :coffee:

a madrid fan just said they were the second best in europe

maverick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:58 pm

maverick wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Funny how some people are hating on madrid yet we madrid fans don't say anything.. class la liga should embrace the scottish comparison.. - Page 5 2859867778

a madrid fan just said they were the second best in europe
so? Everyone is a bit biased to some extent
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5