Spider
Ali
Iceman
64 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 38 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:17 am

Ibra left inter they won ucl , Ibra left barca they won ucl , maybe Fabregas needed to leave for u to win EPL ...Have trust guys its no the end of the world the club is bigger than any player and Arsenal is huge club .....I tihnk u need to buy LAzvezzi or Hamsik tbh ......

but nvm even if u don't i know wenger will promote some youngster and make him beast of a player.....fabregas should have stayed u took him from barca when he was left ...u made him a star ..he should had at least Henry like press for the fans ( did he ?) ....

I know how u feel I feel the same when Diego left ...
I have faith in Arsenal u will do good without him to ...just keep nasri pls

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:32 am

Artilleristen wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Really Guys I dont even like mention his name anymore, he not a gunner and we all should stop talking about him.
I just have a smal question, why are you hating on cesc, when no one hates on Henry?

Arsenal Lobby - Page 38 OpoQQArsenal Lobby - Page 38 Jackie-chan-meme
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 am

Artilleristen wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Really Guys I dont even like mention his name anymore, he not a gunner and we all should stop talking about him.
I just have a smal question, why are you hating on cesc, when no one hates on Henry?

Lol are you kidding me? hahahaha, im guessing u weren't around when henry left

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Wenger needs to go. He will still be synonymous with Arsenal, kinda like Cruyff is to DNAlona if he steps down. If it is money issues then, the board should at least provide some sort of transparency with the loyal fans that have been supporting their asses through 6 years of utter failure now (sorry for expecting more from a club of our stature). Dont feed us the trash "we have money but there are no quality around"!
OH REALLY?
The same quality thats been good enough to buy man city success within 2 years(and no i am not expecting us to go all out gun blazing with signings). Us fans, we are a lot like the yankee fans in the early 90s or the toronto maple leaf fans of today. We are loyal, and they know that the cash will come flowing in regardless of how they do - so as long as they meet the status quo (which btw is not even garunteed ANYMORE). If they cannot afford the players or are having financial problems, the least they could do be try to be honest. The way things are going, our 7th year will turn into a decade.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:41 pm

I'd approve of Wenger leaving, hell I'd SUPPORT him leaving if he does not adequately replace all our leaving players and does a half assed attempt of challenging the title.

4th place isn't good enough for a team going on season long unbeaten runs or constantly challenging for the title only a few years ago.

Anyone know when the stadium will be payed completely? Because with record revenues and 0 player investment I'm guessing it's not much left.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:43 pm

lol sushi why the hell is your warning level at 50 ... you are like one of the objective posters around this forum
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Anyone know when the stadium will be payed completely? Because with record revenues and 0 player investment I'm guessing it's not much left.

I'm totally guessing here, but I think it'll take another decade or so to pay it off at our current rate. We did manage to signifcantly reduce the overall debt by paying off the Highbury Square debt, but there's still well over £100,000,000 of stadium debt left. Unless we experience another hefty cash injection like when the remaining Highbury Square apartments were sold, I can't see the debt being paid off completely any time soon.

Also bare in mind that even though we don't spend a lot of the revunue created by player sales, not all the money goes into paying off the debt. If it did, then our debt would be much lower.

But as I say, I'm just speculating.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I'd approve of Wenger leaving, hell I'd SUPPORT him leaving if he does not adequately replace all our leaving players and does a half assed attempt of challenging the title.

4th place isn't good enough for a team going on season long unbeaten runs or constantly challenging for the title only a few years ago.

I agree with you 100%.

So what happen to your other 50%.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:lol sushi why the hell is your warning level at 50 ... you are like one of the objective posters around this forum
My inner asshole slipped up.

10 years? Well, seems about accurate. Too bad all those millionaries we have on our board aren't feeling too generous.

Any info on where that money from player sales goes to, then? Because our debt was the primary excuse of Wenger not investing any of it. I'd imagine most of it went into it and I didn't mind.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:12 pm

10 years? Well, seems about accurate. Too bad all those millionaries we have on our board aren't feeling too generous.

Any info on where that money from player sales goes to, then? Because our debt was the primary excuse of Wenger not investing any of it. I'd imagine most of it went into it and I didn't mind.

Apparently, roughly 70% of player sales is made available to spend on players. Both the fee and wages come out the same budget.

So when you consider it like that, we actually have reinvested a lot of what we've made from selling players.

I assume that the remainder is invested in the day-to-day running of the club and other projects. Supposedly we also have this emergancy fund that's just been building up over the years in case we need it. Can't really confirm it's existence, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:45 pm

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Very Happy 20-22 august !Some Arsena's Youth Academey to visit Kosovo ! cheers

Last edited by boss on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Is this your likely line up for sat:

Sznynzy (w.e Spelling)
Sagna-Koscielni-Vermaelen-Jenkinson
Frimpong-Rosicky
Walcott-Ramsey-Arshavin
RVP

??

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Sepi wrote:Is this your likely line up for sat:

Sznynzy (w.e Spelling)
Sagna-Koscielni-Vermaelen-Jenkinson
Frimpong-Rosicky
Walcott-Ramsey-Arshavin
RVP

??

Provided we haven't picked up any new injuries during the week (we'll find out tomorrow) then yeah, that would probably be our most likely line-up. Either that, or Vermaelen at left back and Squillaci in the middle. Carroll would have a field day if we go down that route.

It's typical of us that in the midst of four big games, we pick up so many injuries and suspensions:

Djourou - Hamstring
Gibbs - Hamstring
Traore - Groin
Song - 3 game ban
Wilshere - Ankle
Gervinho - 3 game ban

Sad

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 pm

^
Rest easy son..Martin Atkinson is the referee, He'll call any 50/50 of Carroll with keeper/defender against him. After seeing the ref, I am having thoughts of putting him on the bench Very Happy

It's a shame really, for example, if Hernandez scored the goal he did against Sunderland, no way it would have been disallowed, but since he is big, any touch is given a foul against him, and Atkinson is the worst ref in that category.

Seeing that midfield, I'll be very disappointed if we didn't attempt to take the game to you, it's sooo far from a typical possession based Arsenal midfield we used to face. Even back in April with Cesc, Nasri and Wilshere all starting and us having 2 17 year old fullbacks playing.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:37 pm

you guys go in as huge favourites really. Pressure is on u Very Happy

with the team we go in, the only things that can save us is 1) Arshavins brilliance 2) Rvp's brillance 3) Arsenal's Home ground curse for liverpool

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Yeah, our midfield is average at best. There's no one in there that really asserts themselves onto a game.

By the way, will Flanagan be playing? We didn't really test him enough the last time we played. I was disappointed with that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Yeah, our midfield is average at best. There's no one in there that really asserts themselves onto a game.

By the way, will Flanagan be playing? We didn't really test him enough the last time we played. I was disappointed with that.

I don't think Flanagan will play. Kenny said today that only Johnson and Gerrard are absent from the squad, meaning Kelly's little knock that kept him from starting against Sunderland must be fine now.

Flanagan had a bit of a mare in second half last week (his first bad game since his debut), so I am sure we won't want to put extra pressure on him, and rather have him redeem himself vs Exeter in CC rather than Arsenal.

I think we'll have a team like:

Reina
Kelly-Carragher-Agger-Enrique
Lucas-Adam
Kuyt-Suarez-Downing
Carroll

I can see switching Kuyt and Suarez' positions if Jenkinson starts at LB, to take advantage of his inexperience.

Last edited by Sepi on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 pm

our average age would be 22 years old lol

btw i dont want to see rosicky. He has played 2 matches in a row and it will be suicide to play him again.

He also hampers ramsey's game and in the end both end up being medicore. Lets face it, we dont have the team to destroy liverpool. So why not give miyaichi a start ? he cant be any worse, plus he is a hard worker. Instead of Rosicky i would prefer Arshavin in the middle.

Or we can play Lansbury in midfield and im sure he will bea a "triffic" B2B. Frimpong and him have excellent understanding as well. But its a gamble ofcoarse

And i trust Jenkinson 100% at LB. Hes another Wenger Gem. Wont dissapoint us.

Preview coming in tomorrow after Wenger announce the team news
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 am

It seems Wenger wants Ramsey to become an AMC. He's played there in just about every pre-season game and both games so far this season. It's a bit strange, since it means Rosicky plays a bit deeper which hinders us defensively.

Personally, I think Ramsey is better suited to a deeper role. I've seen him play AMC for Wales as well and he just doesn't look that comfortable in that role.

If Gervinho wasn't banned, I'd have liked to see Arshavin play centrally. I seriously think he'd be a revelation there if we just gave him a chance to shine.

As it is, if Miyaichi is available to play he should be an impact sub. He was in Japan in the last week or so waiting for all the paperwork regarding his visa to be done so I'm not sure if he's available for selection just yet. We'll find out tomorrow.

I supposed we could always give Chamberlain a go, as well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 am

^.........You know what? I wouldn't be surprised if Shava does start in the middle against Liverpool or Yanited. I dunno it's just that in the past, whenever we wanted something to happen (bar transfers lol), it would happen. Remember how last season we were all crying out for Walcott to start against Chelsea? It seemed absolutely absurd that AW would een consider it. But he did! There are few more examples but i can't remember them tbh. Not saying AW reads the forums (lol) but i really think Shava will play centrally within the next two weeks.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IndianGunner Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:50 am

Just a small video I came across while surfin in YT for Arsenal stuff...This video shows some of the best passes made by Arsenal(read Fabregas).Do check out this video you will be suprised by entry #1

IndianGunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:17 pm

The Verminator wrote:^.........You know what? I wouldn't be surprised if Shava does start in the middle against Liverpool or Yanited. I dunno it's just that in the past, whenever we wanted something to happen (bar transfers lol), it would happen. Remember how last season we were all crying out for Walcott to start against Chelsea? It seemed absolutely absurd that AW would een consider it. But he did! There are few more examples but i can't remember them tbh. Not saying AW reads the forums (lol) but i really think Shava will play centrally within the next two weeks.

I would be pissed off if he played there .... he is shit there for his country and he is tired after 20 mins, i have got a bad picture in my head of Arshavin in middle out of synch with his team mates giving the ball away with his silly flicks Laughing

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:22 pm

IndianGunner wrote:Just a small video I came across while surfin in YT for Arsenal stuff...This video shows some of the best passes made by Arsenal(read Fabregas).Do check out this video you will be suprised by entry #1

I have to admit, I was really upset up until I saw number one, it made me smile and laugh! cheers
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 pm

This is first time I see this picture, brings back so many memories, 2 true legend of the game. Sad
Arsenal Lobby - Page 38 Gun__1313495803_125picture_011
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 38 Gun__1313495844_125picture_012
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:This is first time I see this picture, brings back so many memories, 2 true legend of the game. Sad
Arsenal Lobby - Page 38 Gun__1313495803_125picture_011

Sad this days will never come back
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content