Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
Sri
beatrixasdfghjk.
since1996
ganso09
10 posters

Go down

djourou needs to go back into def midfield position Empty djourou needs to go back into def midfield position

Post by ganso09 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:26 am

We cant blame him for makin so many mistakes, we need to put players in there natural position, buy another defender and that would solve our heigh in midfield issue also

ganso09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

djourou needs to go back into def midfield position Empty Re: djourou needs to go back into def midfield position

Post by since1996 Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:23 pm

djorou is jus a decent player fit 4 a mid/bottom table team. Period. i think we are over expecting a lot frm him.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

djourou needs to go back into def midfield position Empty Re: djourou needs to go back into def midfield position

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:40 pm

since1996 wrote:djorou is jus a decent player fit 4 a mid/bottom table team. Period. i think we are over expecting a lot frm him.
And yet, midway through last season, we loved him.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:57 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
since1996 wrote:djorou is jus a decent player fit 4 a mid/bottom table team. Period. i think we are over expecting a lot frm him.
bcoz he was the best of the other weaker ones.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:03 pm

since1996 wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
bcoz he was the best of the other weaker ones.
Oh c'mon, we had a brilliant record with Djourou on the team before.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:09 pm

he's good but he makes schoolboy errors a lot. yah maybe he's not a CB after-all. as someone suggested, we should try him in DM position.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ganso09 Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:25 pm

I don't know why wenger thinks he can just play people out of position all the time and expect them to shine. If we put him back in his natural position it will solve a few problems, and u can afford to make a few errors when your in DM. imagine vermaelen and cahill CB and him just in front, we'd be alot more solid, i think he would do better than song there as hes faster, taller , has more of an engine , plus song likes to get forward too much for his position

ganso09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:27 pm

I think we can dedicate a separate thread to Out-of-Position players..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:29 pm

since when is Dm his natural position he has played CD for many years now....

and djourou is solid whenever he played with Kos last season and only with Squid was he crap
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm

You can't rate any CB playing besides Squillaci...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 pm

imalegend wrote:since when is Dm his natural position he has played CD for many years now....

and djourou is solid whenever he played with Kos last season and only with Squid was he crap
This. Djourou isn't playing out of position - he has been a CB for years and it is now his primary position. Maybe he could play at DM, but we don't know how good he would be there because he hasn't done it in so long. Until we sign another good CB, it would be unwise to make Djourou juggle the two positions on a regular basis.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Also, we now have Frimpong at DM Smile And in a few more games, I might have to conclude that Frimpong > Song at DM.. Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by ganso09 Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:22 pm

imalegend wrote:since when is Dm his natural position he has played CD for many years now....

He came to us as a DM and has stated many times its his best position. Like so many players that have come to arsenal wenger has tried to change his position. I do think he is good enough to play for us but his concentration is just not good enough to make it as a CB, alot of the time his pace gets him out of trouble. but a DM he would be pretty tidy

ganso09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:38 am

he needs to improve his awareness...
He is a decent cb
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:38 pm

ganso09 wrote:

He came to us as a DM and has stated many times its his best position. Like so many players that have come to arsenal wenger has tried to change his position. I do think he is good enough to play for us but his concentration is just not good enough to make it as a CB, alot of the time his pace gets him out of trouble. but a DM he would be pretty tidy

If anything, being a DM requires more concentration and awareness than being a CB. I fail to see how he would be "pretty tidy" at DM when you portray him as "bad" at CB
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:17 pm

I think we must give him time to recover.. He was our best defender for a large part of last season..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ganso09 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Iceman wrote:
ganso09 wrote:

If anything, being a DM requires more concentration and awareness than being a CB. I fail to see how he would be "pretty tidy" at DM when you portray him as "bad" at CB

please explain to me how DM requires more more concentration and awareness than CB? at DM if you get past the DM youve still got to get past the CB's, whereas if you get past the CB's you've got a clear run on goal. I'm not saying he's bad as CB, like someone else said he would be a decent CB at mid level clubs and would probably learn that position quicker as he'd have alot more defending to do at other clubs, but at our club in most games there isn't that much defending to do, you have to be switched on for those one or two moments when you are called upon. he's got all the attributes to make a good DM, i expect that is why that was his original position

ganso09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down