FennecFox7
free_cat
Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dnmac4
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back Empty Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:21 pm

From watching the game last night, I am going to take a different stance then most of our Barca fans. I think we have to buy Cesc. At 40 million I think we are stealing him, and with the market the way it is I don't think we will ever be able to buy a young top 3 central attacking midfielder who is already established. Just for the sake of getting a great deal we should buy him. Also, if Xavi goes down we are in trouble. I know Thiago was great last night, but he is not the finished product, and he can fill in for 5-10 games but Cesc is still much better then him at this point and going deep into the Champions league or facing Madrid when the games really count, I would feel much better having Cesc with us. I know this might seem a little over the top but I really think our future depends on us getting Cesc ASAP.

As for Lapotra, I miss him. The advertisments on our jersey's are pathetic. What's next, the ass of our shorts? We are starting to look like a Mexican league team or a Nascar, we went from having a charity to 3 different ad's on our jersey, it looks terrible, it might as well say "we need oil money" on our shirts.

I also miss Laporta's s*** eating grin during the games, and his loose press confrences. And TBH, I miss his loose purchases, I think it's pretty safe to say we would have had Cesc by now if he was still here, we would not be looking like cheapskates arguing over 5 million bucks for one of the best players in the world when we are already stealing him for less then Pastore FFS. I hate Rosell and the way he paints the picture of us needing to beg for money, it can't be true. I mean he starts the transfer season saying we have 45 mill to spend, and then the next day it's 80 mill. I think he is trying to embarrass Laporta more then help Barca. It's hard to believe things are as bad as he makes them seem.

Not to mention Laporta just looks like some rich prick who would shoot a school bus full of children to help Barca win while Rosell just looks like some kid who got beat up all through his childhood.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 pm

Trolling is not allowed.

RG you know what to do Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Lex Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:24 pm

What's with the sudden influx of Barcelona youth on the forums? A cull is in order methinks...
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Trolling? I don't see the trolling mole.

I don't quite agree with you on the Cesc part. I think Thiago is better than you think. Let him play with the good players, and not with a bunch of subs, youth players and players out of position, and he will do even better.

On the other hand, I feel you about Laporta and Rosell.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 pm

free_cat wrote:Trolling? I don't see the trolling mole.

I don't quite agree with you on the Cesc part. I think Thiago is better than you think. Let him play with the good players, and not with a bunch of subs, youth players and players out of position, and he will do even better.

Gen section banter mate this was moved into the Barca section ( of course he is'nt trolling but i felt like having some fun but got no response Sad )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Gen section banter mate this was moved into the Barca section ( of course he is'nt trolling but i felt like having some fun but got no response Sad )

HAHA, I know what your talking about. I am getting warned by Arsenal moderators all over the place because I dared to say Man City is better then them.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Don't get me wrong, I really like Thiago, but Cesc at 40 mill is a steal in this market. Also, the way Rosell is going about it makes us look terrible, it amature hour with Rosell.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Cesc is proven in the premier league, thiago is a very good prospect, but come on cesc is just as good or better. Also, cesc gives a physical dimension with his playmaking skills.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:43 pm

Cesc gives a physical dimension? whats that supposed to mean?

Anyway, thread dont make no sense. I knew it was bad when it started "From watching the game last night. "

It was a friendly, who cares?

Thaigo and Iniesta, Thiago and Xavi..either of those two can play in any game and I would have confidence.

Complaining about Rossell being tight with money and Laporta wasting it, makes no sense to me.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 am

The Franchise wrote:Cesc gives a physical dimension? whats that supposed to mean?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 am

So we should buy Cesc because at 40M he's a bargain? I'm sorry, what? What, exactly, has Cesc done to prove he is worth well above 40M, thus making his price a bargain? Is he consistently winning trophies, or even won some trophies at club level? Did he boss the midfield against Barca on any of the 4 instances that we've met them in the CL recently, or has he disappeared and looked out of his depth letting other players of lesser talent and experience show him how it's done?

Moreover, what are the implications of Cesc's signing? That, so long as you remain a friend of the squad, you can betray your 'childhood club', and return through the front door with a multimillion euro transfer. Whereas if you stay, are loyal to the club, wait for your chances and prove yourself worthy during those, you will get overlooked and sent to Roma?

That Barca are willing to shoot themselves in the foot by stopping the development of one of football's most exciting prospects because of cronyism?

We do not need Cesc. We merely want him, and we're fcking stupid for it.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:40 am

The Franchise wrote:Cesc gives a physical dimension? whats that supposed to mean?

Because of PL he is stronger and toughened up, and he is a bit faster then xavi.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:06 am

Anyway, thread dont make no sense. I knew it was bad when it started "From watching the game last night. "

Thaigo and Iniesta, Thiago and Xavi..either of those two can play in any game and I would have confidence.

Complaining about Rossell being tight with money and Laporta wasting it, makes no sense to me.

100% spot on.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So we should buy Cesc because at 40M he's a bargain? I'm sorry, what? What, exactly, has Cesc done to prove he is worth well above 40M, thus making his price a bargain? Is he consistently winning trophies, or even won some trophies at club level? Did he boss the midfield against Barca on any of the 4 instances that we've met them in the CL recently, or has he disappeared and looked out of his depth letting other players of lesser talent and experience show him how it's done?

Moreover, what are the implications of Cesc's signing? That, so long as you remain a friend of the squad, you can betray your 'childhood club', and return through the front door with a multimillion euro transfer. Whereas if you stay, are loyal to the club, wait for your chances and prove yourself worthy during those, you will get overlooked and sent to Roma?

That Barca are willing to shoot themselves in the foot by stopping the development of one of football's most exciting prospects because of cronyism?

Wonderfully well written alfred and I agree with almost everything except that in a market where Javier Pastore is sold for E43m, Fabregas is certainly worth more than that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 am

IS thiago an attacking Mid? He always seems to be like a second striker. So iniesta is xavi's successor now? He didn't look happy playing in xavi's position.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
Because of PL he is stronger and toughened up, and he is a bit faster then xavi.

Strength - Does it really matter? I mean how many times have we seen Xavi get outmuscled off the ball? Xavi has that sharp turn and deceptive touch that helps him to evade a marker quite easily. I don't think Cesc has that and that could cause a problem which his greater strength won't help with.

Speed - If he is to do Xavi's role can speed really help him? It's more about taking the right positions and moving intelligently off the ball. I think Xavi does this much better than Cesc since the latter moves about more in straight lines and not quite as dynamically as Xavi and Iniesta move. Of course he can improve on this but I don't think his speed gives him any advantage as such. In the system we play we need speed through Messi in the center and perhaps on the wings. Lastly Iniesta is our ball carrier or say link between midfield and attack. Speed in that position could have maybe added something but I don't think speed in Xavi's position adds anything much.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 am

Messi wrote:IS thiago an attacking Mid? He always seems to be like a second striker. So iniesta is xavi's successor now? He didn't look happy playing in xavi's position.

A very good point.

Thiago I think is far too attacking and direct a player to do Xavi's role as such. I remember some time back I insisted that Thiago is not similar to either Xavi or Iniesta.

Putting Iniesta in Xavi's role isn't a great idea. Firstly no one can do Xavi's role like Xavi. Secondly asking Iniesta to do Xavi's role is taking away a lot of things from his natural game. He can no longer move with the ball and dribble in tight spaces - at least not as frequently as he used to. Also he is not able to play all over the pitch with the kind of dynamic off the ball movement that he shows now. I mean with Iniesta one minute you will see him recovering the ball in our defense and the very next minute he is right behind Messi in the opponent's box. If he plays Xavi's role he has to control everything from the center and his movement both on and off the ball will be badly restricted. This includes his drifting to the wings and his work in the opponent's penalty area among other things. He is the kind of player who can drive his team mates to run and chase a cause like he did in the WC 2010 final extra time for example. This is again something he cannot do if he has to be the central controller. In a nutshell for Iniesta to be at his best he needs much more freedom than Xavi's role affords him.

Hence when Xavi is phased out I think some of the team dynamic will have to be redeveloped and this would be needed whether we have Fabregas by then or not.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:05 am

Cesc for 20 million euros and ill think about it. Barca is so good it doesn't matter if inexperienced Thiago is playing, I am confident we can beat any team in the world.

I miss Laporta, especially the grin. Laporta was BOSS
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

LOL No

being strong doesnt mean anything, its not rugby. Xavi and Iniesta show smarts and skills > strength.

Secondly, he isnt strong anyway.

Faster then Xavi? No he aint. Xavi isnt fast, but Cesc is very slow. In the CL game, he had to run onto a through ball against us, he looks like he was running in sand.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:
LOL No

being strong doesnt mean anything, its not rugby. Xavi and Iniesta show smarts and skills > strength.

Secondly, he isnt strong anyway.

Faster then Xavi? No he aint. Xavi isnt fast, but Cesc is very slow. In the CL game, he had to run onto a through ball against us, he looks like he was running in sand.

Enjoyed every word of this thoroughly. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

just my opinion... Sad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Strength - Does it really matter? I mean how many times have we seen Xavi get outmuscled off the ball? Xavi has that sharp turn and deceptive touch that helps him to evade a marker quite easily. I don't think Cesc has that and that could cause a problem which his greater strength won't help with.

Speed - If he is to do Xavi's role can speed really help him? It's more about taking the right positions and moving intelligently off the ball. I think Xavi does this much better than Cesc since the latter moves about more in straight lines and not quite as dynamically as Xavi and Iniesta move. Of course he can improve on this but I don't think his speed gives him any advantage as such. In the system we play we need speed through Messi in the center and perhaps on the wings. Lastly Iniesta is our ball carrier or say link between midfield and attack. Speed in that position could have maybe added something but I don't think speed in Xavi's position adds anything much.
Very well put, Xavi doesn't need physicality with his genius positioning and godlike ball control.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So we should buy Cesc because at 40M he's a bargain? I'm sorry, what? What, exactly, has Cesc done to prove he is worth well above 40M, thus making his price a bargain? Is he consistently winning trophies, or even won some trophies at club level? Did he boss the midfield against Barca on any of the 4 instances that we've met them in the CL recently, or has he disappeared and looked out of his depth letting other players of lesser talent and experience show him how it's done?

First of all Cesc has played well against us, especially the game he broke his leg in when they came back and tied it 2-2. I am the biggest Arsenal hater on Earth, and Cesc will never win anything at Arsenal. What has Sanchez won? If you are buying a player from a lesser team then you can't go by there trophy haul. Thats the same stupid opinion we get from people saying Messi sucks internationally because he hasn't won anything.

Second, if you don't think Cesc is a bargain at 40 mil then you are either very narrow minded or you just don't understand the transfer market. I don't know which one it is, but I know most people on the Barca board don't really want Cesc but I didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to argue about paying 40 mil for Cesc. It is a steal in this market.

Third, the implications of signing Cesc are that we get one of the best midfielders in the world who will be ready to play at his highest level with no "fitting in" time for a cut rate price. Why do most of our fans have to view this as a bad thing? We have been very lucky with injuries the past couple of years, and Xavi is getting up there in age and Iniesta can be fragile. We will need cover this year competing for 6 trophies and in the league against the 2nd/3rd best team in the world with one of the best coach's of the last 10 years.

Fourth, I have never seen a coach better the Pep at not playing favorites, he plays the best player period. If Thiago is better then Cesc then he will play more minutes, like I said before, we have plenty of games coming up and Thiago will get his minutes no matter what. If cesc is better then him at this stage in there careers, I would rather have him on the pitch in the big games anyways, the best players play, thats the way every fan should want it, if not then you are just playing favorites.

Barca is not shooting themselves in the foot. WE NEED DEPTH, we are the smallest big team in the world. You don't see many other teams playing there defensive mids at full back in huge games because they have cover, and we don't. We could use some quality depth. People like you automatically think if we sign Cesc then we derail Thiago, I wish you would give Pep more credit then that, he has earned it. If he wants Cesc there is a reason and we should go with it, like I said Pep has earned that.

Lastly, I don't think Laporta "wasted" money, I think he made a big move and missed. He had to get rid of Etoo and he took a shot with one of the best strikers in the world at the time and it didn't work out.

I'm tired of Rosell making us look like we are in the poor house, do you think Laporta just went out and "wasted" money and just didn't care what it did to the team? That is not who he is, there are different ways to present the books and Rosell wants to try and blame everything on Laporta and that is wrong, he was a great president for us.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 pm

I didn't mean I am making this judgement from last game alone. that wording was more meant to say that after that game since Thiago played so well that I know the statement I was making will not be popular to most Barca fans.

I know it was a friendly, if you just don't care about friendlies, then throw out all of Thiago's goals this pre season.

I have confidence in Thiago, but right now if we don't have Xavi for a big game Cesc is the better player. 2 or 3 years down the road that might not be the case, but it is right now.

I already addressed the Laporta thing. He didn't waste money. He made some great buys (alves,keita, Maxwell, Pique) and some bad ones, Rosell will do the same. The point being made is that we look terrible in the way he is going about it. If you don't want to pay 40 mill for him then just drop it and say were not interested. It's not that hard. Laporta just has a way about him that is more classy and business like, and he would just buy him and make up that 5 mill somewhere else. Rosell is telling everyone who will listen how poor we are, enough is enough.

Also, you have to admit our jersey's are terrible, we do look like a Mexican league team, I mean 3 ad's on it, give me a break. It's pathetic and Laporta wouldn't stoop to that.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 pm

First of all Cesc has played well against us, especially the game he broke his leg in when they came back and tied it 2-2. I am the biggest Arsenal hater on Earth, and Cesc will never win anything at Arsenal. What has Sanchez won? If you are buying a player from a lesser team then you can't go by there trophy haul. Thats the same stupid opinion we get from people saying Messi sucks internationally because he hasn't won anything.
Not this year he has not, and while my memory of last year is hazier I certainly don't remember him shining either.

You're also thinking in absolutes. I never said that Cesc is bad. I only said he's not a bargain at 40M. That's his fair price in today's inflated market. You claimed that he's a 'bargain', implying that his worth is well above 40M, at probably around the 60M mark. That is absolutely insane for two reasons: as good a fit as he may be to the Barca system he is not of 60M quality and he wouldn't even start. Granted, he would in two years or so, but not now. Right now we would be paying 60M for a rotation player with a promising future. If Cesc is to come, I think it's much better to wait.

Second, if you don't think Cesc is a bargain at 40 mil then you are either very narrow minded or you just don't understand the transfer market. I don't know which one it is, but I know most people on the Barca board don't really want Cesc but I didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to argue about paying 40 mil for Cesc. It is a steal in this market.
It's not a steal, it's his fair price. See above.

Third, the implications of signing Cesc are that we get one of the best midfielders in the world who will be ready to play at his highest level with no "fitting in" time for a cut rate price. Why do most of our fans have to view this as a bad thing? We have been very lucky with injuries the past couple of years, and Xavi is getting up there in age and Iniesta can be fragile. We will need cover this year competing for 6 trophies and in the league against the 2nd/3rd best team in the world with one of the best coach's of the last 10 years.
I'll grant you that if both Xavi and Iniesta get injured then I will have hoped we signed a midfielder. But why does it have to be Cesc or no one? Why can't we sign a depth signing to cover for that possibility? Someone that would not interfere with Thiago's development while at the same time giving us some sense of security to the fans and the staff. This 'Cesc or no one' ideology is idiocy.

Fourth, I have never seen a coach better the Pep at not playing favorites, he plays the best player period. If Thiago is better then Cesc then he will play more minutes, like I said before, we have plenty of games coming up and Thiago will get his minutes no matter what. If cesc is better then him at this stage in there careers, I would rather have him on the pitch in the big games anyways, the best players play, thats the way every fan should want it, if not then you are just playing favorites.
Yaya Toure says hello. And of course Thiago is not better than Cesc at this stage, I'm worried about Cesc's signing stopping Thiago's development into a player of Cesc's quality or forcing him out of Barca.

Barca is not shooting themselves in the foot. WE NEED DEPTH, we are the smallest big team in the world. You don't see many other teams playing there defensive mids at full back in huge games because they have cover, and we don't. We could use some quality depth. People like you automatically think if we sign Cesc then we derail Thiago, I wish you would give Pep more credit then that, he has earned it. If he wants Cesc there is a reason and we should go with it, like I said Pep has earned that.
Pep has earned my respect in all aspects of his management, except transfers. Besides, I'm not convinced this is a Pep motivated transfer. If you look at his recent quotes he said "If only Sanchez arrives, I'll consider myself satisfied". Does this make it seem as if Pep sees Cesc as an absolute need? For my comments on depth see above.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next