Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

+25
guest7
wigglesworth
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
InterMalia
zizzle
McLewis
free_cat
Albiceleste
LeSwagg James
barca 2011
Art Morte
El Chelsea Fuerte
juventus101
VanDeezNuts
OLpower
Babun
Serge Gnabry
Ali
Sushi Master
Gil
Sir Psycho
shaven
JuvenelCuore
Lord Awesome
LastManStanding
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 13 ]
Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 13 ]
Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 32

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 am

McLewis wrote:
free_cat wrote:I already asked this in another thread but: is Roma a rich club now? Owned by oil-sheiks too??

I agree with that sentiment.

We're better off than in other seasons, but we're not mega-rich with a bottomless warchest like Citeh, PSG and Malaga seem to have. Our wealth has limits and that suits me just fine.

It was not a statement but a genuine question, I have no idea about it. Who are the new owners?

So far Roma is doing more selling than buying, no?

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:13 pm

up?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:29 pm

its too early to judge Roma's project, and their owners are not splashing the cash like everyone expected, they are going with a long term project so i dont expect them to make an immediate impact

The Arab who bough Malaga wasnt exactly thinking on the long term as the city's location and the population (half a mill) wouldnt support their growth. Sure they have the cash and they play in the Liga, but on the long term, with the lack of a big local fanbase, and with the FFA rules on the horizon, i dont see them as a big success

The Problem with PSG is that they play in the french league, and if they're to become a dominant force in europe, they'll have to live off the left overs of big european teams like Barca, Madrid and United, coz no top player would reject these teams (who can match PSG's wages) to play is France

so, the final verdict is not easy as non of the teams are in the same position as Chelsea and City, but if Roma's owners do better in the transfer market, their team can easily become a world wide brand
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:32 pm

free_cat wrote:
McLewis wrote:
free_cat wrote:I already asked this in another thread but: is Roma a rich club now? Owned by oil-sheiks too??

We're better off than in other seasons, but we're not mega-rich with a bottomless warchest like Citeh, PSG and Malaga seem to have. Our wealth has limits and that suits me just fine.

It was not a statement but a genuine question, I have no idea about it. Who are the new owners?

some american investors...not as rich as city's owner though
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Roma shouldn't be here as they are already a big club.
But when it comes to transfers Roma won't buy big as the other do, remember the new owner is american, he's there to make money.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Cant see Malaga becoming much of a force

Barca & real have to much of a monopoly and unfair advantage in the league.

I personally think PSG have the best chance, Lique 1 is much more open. Depending who they sign & what they win allot of the glory fan boys will probably become die hard PSG supporters. Possibly taking some of the focus away from La Liga and directing it to Lique 1.

Not sure about Roma
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:44 pm

InterMalia wrote:Roma shouldn't be here as they are already a big club.
But when it comes to transfers Roma won't buy big as the other do, remember the new owner is american, he's there to make money.

Has anyone, ever, made money investing in a football team?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 pm

I think Roma are doing the right thing by not splashing the cash at this point. It would take crazy amounts of money to get instantly on the level of the Milan teams, better to try and build a bit slower.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:59 pm

The Roman Empire wasn't built in a day.. Razz
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 pm

"They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that particular job."
Brian Clough
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 pm

free_cat wrote:

Is it possible someone invests hundreds of millions without a profit?

Only one owner i could think of who had other motives when buying his club, that's Berlusconi.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 pm

free_cat wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Well it's a bit even honestly. We've obviously gotten rid of some dead weight (Doni) and have let go of players who sought greener pastures such as Vucinic, Menez, and Mexes.

As you can see, we've conversely brought in some younger talent as well as established talent. Lamela has been our most expensive buy at around 20m.

So we're definitely not pulling an Udinese. Di Benedetto (our new owner) as well as Enrique do not want that. Di Benedetto promised 6 new players when he was still a prospective owner and we've signed 5 already.

In fact, Enrique wants 5 more players by the start of the season. It remains to be seen whether he'll actually get those players, but it speaks volumes of not only his ambition, but the club's at the moment. Don't expect us to break the bank though. This program is in place to build our brand of football gradually over years. I like to think of it as natural evolution over rapid mutation.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:43 pm

free_cat wrote:

Yes. The Glazers, Pozzo, Zamperini and many others.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 pm

Malaga will get crushed by Real and Barcelona sadly
Roma is not there yet...
PSG is looking good. Probably gonna dominate Ligue 1
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:10 am

stoke will be the real european force

beware.......................
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:18 pm

PSG, they have signed some superb players and got a hell lot of money to spend. See them dominating Ligue 1 like Lyon used to and be serious Champions League contenders in the future. Roma is already a big club and they have not made any multi million signings as I thought they would. They seem to be working on a long term project, bringing in a young coach (Enrique), young players (Jose Angel, Lamela, Bojan) and seriously concentrating on their new stadium. They are going the right way.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:43 pm

I agree with some others that Roma aren't wealthy enough. But their strategy is the most interesting unlike PSG and Malaga. Their owner have promised to double the revenue within 5 years. If they can somehow build a new stadium within 3-4 years, then Milan and Inter won't be able to dominate Serie A... They have taken the Barca route..play beautiful and merchandize your brand. Barca were 15th in the money league few years back,now they are 2nd. Roma just needs a new stadium and a champ trophy playing beautiful football with young, energetic and mostly home grown players. Strategically they are well ahead of other two. Their path is the toughest one, but it can be a long lasting and highly effective too. Only time will tell

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:44 pm

lol isnt roma a european force already?? they sure beat us in 08..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2