Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

+25
guest7
wigglesworth
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
InterMalia
zizzle
McLewis
free_cat
Albiceleste
LeSwagg James
barca 2011
Art Morte
El Chelsea Fuerte
juventus101
VanDeezNuts
OLpower
Babun
Serge Gnabry
Ali
Sushi Master
Gil
Sir Psycho
shaven
JuvenelCuore
Lord Awesome
LastManStanding
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Vote_lcap41%Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 13 ]
Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Vote_lcap41%Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 13 ]
Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Vote_lcap18%Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 32

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Empty Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

Post by LastManStanding Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:25 pm

- Malaga CF, plays in one of the best leagues in the world. They can easily become Spain's 3rd biggest club in the near future, and dethrone Barca-Madrid, and even become a Champions League contender, like Chelsea became, and now City is becoming. Already splashed between 50-60m euro this past summer, there is no doubt that once Malaga enters the holy grail of club football, the Champions League, players of better quality will make the jump to the exotic vacation island.

- Paris Saint-Germain FC, the only big club in a city consisting of 12m inhabitants. Based in one of the greatest cities in Europe and the world, Paris Saint Germain has every potential to become a European heavyweight. Already having splashed 100m euro in this transfer window on quality players such as Menez, Gameiro and Javier Pastore among others, Paris SG is THE outright favorite for the French title and national cup, and possibly also one of the contenders for the Europa League 2011-12.

- AS Roma, a club based in the most historic city of Europe, and perhaps even the World, has an enormous potential as a brand. Unlike, PSG and Malaga, Roma is already an established top club. Having been one of the contenders for the Italian title in the past 5-6 season, and featuring regularly in the latter stages of the Champions League, Roma is a machine only needing a little fresh oil brushing to become a winning club.

Verdict: Malaga is my outright bet of the 3 to become MOST succesful, as Roma plays in a Serie A who have lost a CL place, and in the same time there are 3 other powerful clubs, and with only 3 places available and 4 suiters for the places, it's hard to gain stability in European football. PSG, even though the city of Paris have a lot commercial value, the French Ligue 1 doesn't have the same apeal (yet).

LastManStanding
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Empty Re: Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 pm

I vote for the capital cities.

Seriously, how can cities like Paris and Rome not be candidates for the CL.

It's long overdue that these two became powers.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future? Empty Re: Which of Malaga, PSG, Roma will be the real European Force in the near future?

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:31 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:I vote for the capital cities.

Seriously, how can cities like Paris and Rome not be candidates for the CL.

It's long overdue that these two became powers.

+1.

But I also feel that Roma and PSG will do well because they are not just spending a ton of money to bring in players, they have both made smart moves for the future and have really tried to build a foundation for the team. PSG made very smart moves in Sirigu, Sissoko, and Menez, not to mention Leonardo is a good guy to have even though I hate him for being on Inter and Milan.

Roma are doing the same I feel. Brought in Luis Enrique and now they are getting a nice crop of young talent. They have had some good moves as well, though they will require expert moves in order to fill the void in defence left by the departures of Mexes and Riise.

They will be good teams in a few years, and I think this year they will show visible improvement.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:32 pm

love to say malaga simply because of my spanish bias! Very Happy
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:36 pm

what about man city because they play in the epl we'll be brainwashed into believing they got next.. lmao
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Chelsea were already a CL club before Roman's investment. :coffee:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Rondón FC FTW.

But I agree Paris and Rome deserve kick ass football teams.

Next up, Berlin.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Roma's always been a power to me, last time I watched a PSG game both Arteta & Ronaldinho were there
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Gil wrote:Chelsea were already a CL club before Roman's investment. :coffee:

I'm sure they were good as well :coffee:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Sushi called it Berlin's next.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Red Bull Leipzig obviously.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 pm

PSG are a complete team now. They only need time to conquer Europe Very Happy Malaga didn't get Pastore, that's a big blow, I wanted to see him in la liga...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Serge Gnabry wrote:Red Bull Leipzig obviously.
Do they have the capacity to get to the Bundesliga, at least?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Where is the non of them option?

Malaga is too small and will be crushed by Real and Barcelona.

PSG is in ligue 1 and therefore will not be able to attract the best players.

Roma, why is Roma compared with the first two?
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:49 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Serge Gnabry wrote:Red Bull Leipzig obviously.
Do they have the capacity to get to the Bundesliga, at least?

Of course they will.

Red Bull have more than enough money.
Even with the new rules they should be #2 in Germany in budgets once they make the
Bundesliga.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 am

i think malaga have the firmest base, fantastic manager solid core players

they also are going after players they can caputre, i feel like roma and psg have been a bit ambitious in their signings and have only grabbed a couple of their targets.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 am

Sushi Master wrote:Rondón FC FTW.

But I agree Paris and Rome deserve kick ass football teams.

Next up, Berlin.

Didnt Hertha contend for the Bundesliga title a couple years back? I rembeer back then Voronin was awesome for them.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 am

Roma

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 am

No one in the near future.

Do you know what's commom with big clubs who are continuously successful?
They all make a lot of money.

If you believe in UEFA's Financial Fair Play, then you have to look at the revenue possibilities for these clubs before anything else. Like, PSG have splashed some €100m in this window apparently, but how are they going to break even and get a licence to play in Europe when their annual revenue was €83m in 2010?

2010 revenues:

AS Roma: €122m
PSG: €83m
Malaga: I dont know, but less than €100m anyway.

As a comparison, Tottenham, Hamburg and Lyon all had a €146m revenue in 2010.

So if FFP will be taken seriously, Roma are in pole position of these three, but PSG might have the most potential for financial growth. Although Ligue 1 TV-deals probably won't grow that quickly. But under FFP, none of these will become a "real European force" in the near future. If FFP fails, then it's hard to know what will happen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 am

now psg just have to sign eto'o and ronaldinho, lol. I know that wont happen, but itd be cool. But of the 3, i'd have to say PSG because of A. their signings, and B. they dont play in a league with Barca and Real, or Inter, AC or Juve. OL and OM are strong but itll be intersting to see how they do against PSG.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:25 am

PSG.. They have the easiest route to make the Champions League year in year out imo, thus can become a European power

Btw Roma needs a new stadium, badly
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:40 am

PSG, they have Pastore Cool

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:53 am

I already asked this in another thread but: is Roma a rich club now? Owned by oil-sheiks too??
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:34 am

free_cat wrote:I already asked this in another thread but: is Roma a rich club now? Owned by oil-sheiks too??

I agree with that sentiment.

We're better off than in other seasons, but we're not mega-rich with a bottomless warchest like Citeh, PSG and Malaga seem to have. Our wealth has limits and that suits me just fine.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 am

McLewis wrote:
free_cat wrote:I already asked this in another thread but: is Roma a rich club now? Owned by oil-sheiks too??

I agree with that sentiment.

We're better off than in other seasons, but we're not mega-rich with a bottomless warchest like Citeh, PSG and Malaga seem to have. Our wealth has limits and that suits me just fine.

It was not a statement but a genuine question, I have no idea about it. Who are the new owners?

So far Roma is doing more selling than buying, no?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next