Macheda, Cleverly and Welback. The future of United's attack?

+4
Vyey
RedAndWhiteArmy
RED
Kylar Stern
8 posters

Go down

Macheda, Cleverly and Welback. The future of United's attack? Empty Macheda, Cleverly and Welback. The future of United's attack?

Post by Kylar Stern Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:21 am

As a Manchester United fan I am extremely excited about the new season and potentially winning our 20 league title. However United's loss in the CL final proved that we have a way to go before we can reach the pinnacle of club football and unseat Barcelona from their throne.

Fredrico Macheda, Tom Cleverly and Danny Welback are not new faces around Manchester United. Macheda in particular has made headlines in the past, scoring crucial (and title-clinching) winners against Villa and Sunderland. However, all three players were loaned out last season, and this season marks there first as members of United's squad.

The purpose of this thread is to see what everyone thinks of these youngsters and their potential to be first-teamers and integral parts of United's trophy hunt. It might not be this season, but will Macheda, Cleverly and Welback become synonymous with Manchester United and success like so many of their predecessors or will they join the many other youngster who have left Carrington unable to break into the first team?
Kylar Stern
Kylar Stern
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Macheda, Cleverly and Welback. The future of United's attack? Empty Re: Macheda, Cleverly and Welback. The future of United's attack?

Post by Kylar Stern Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 am

Just on the evidence of the Barcelona match, both Cleverly and Welback look like extremely skillful players. Cleverly was arguable the man of the match, along with Thiago Alcantara and Nani, and proved that he has the potentially to make waves in the centre of midfield. Welback, along with Cleverly, came out of the game with an assist and a number of good chances. In particular the move where he flicked a Nani through-ball with the inside of his right foot onto his left, then forcing a good save from Valdes was a highlight.
Kylar Stern
Kylar Stern
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Macheda, Cleverly and Welback. The future of United's attack? Empty Re: Macheda, Cleverly and Welback. The future of United's attack?

Post by RED Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:19 pm

I dunno about Macheda tbh. But he is only 19, and after a loan move to an EPL club, he will hopefully become a fanastic player. That loan spell to Sampdoria was a disaster for him.

Cleverley and Welbeck have looked brilliant in pre season. And what I like is that they seem to have struck a great understanding between them. Check out both goals v OM the other night and the way they were exchanging passes throughout the game.

Both look full of confidence...especially Welbeck. This is the man I have huge hopes for. His first touch is almost Berbatov level, he has pace and has great passing vision....check out that beautifully weighted pass for Nani in the Barca game. He can also score with both feet and can play on the wing too.

He was fantastic at S'land last season too.

I dunno whether Cleverley is ready to be our Scholes' replacement, but I do hope he starts v City on Sunday. He was fantastic v Barca. If he has another great game, it will give SAF some serious food for thought.

I am excited that we have so many great young players.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Another thing, I think if Welbeck continues his developments as a top striker, I can see him not only displacing Berbatov, but Chicha too.

Superstar in the making.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Welbeck did really well for us last season. You've got a good attack for the future.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Vyey Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:04 am

Since his loan to Watford I've been impressed with Cleverley. I hope he makes a big impact this season.

Welbeck has been good this pre-season as well. We have so many forwards idek.

Rooney
Hernandez
Berbatov
Owen
Welbeck
Macheda
Diouf

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylar Stern Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 am

I'm not too convinced with Diouf. While he is a good player, he is simply that; good. He doesn't strike me as being particularly outstanding or exceptional in a particular area, and thus I think he should be left out of our 24 man squad in favor of other possible youngsters. Give his game-time to the likes of Pogba and Morrison instead and we will soon have the beginnings of another generation of superstars.

As for Welback displacing Chicha as a starter: totally agree. He can not only bang in the goals, he can play deeper and create them, whilst also being able to play out wide if the game requires it!!!
Kylar Stern
Kylar Stern
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

^^ yeah me too. Diouf is a good player and will do well at a mid table club, but I can't see him staying at United. We are stacked atm with some really great attackers.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by candevil Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Wellbeck for me is a star in the making and definatly gonna be in the future of our attack. Cleverly is coming along nice and Macheda I'm not sure about.
candevil
candevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 pm

I really hope Macheda does well next season, as unlike the other two he doesn't have a good loan spell to fall back on. I hope he gets loaned to somewhere like Bolton, where he will get descent playing time. Has to be in England this time, will learn the most about him playing in the Premier League.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:49 am

Macheda seems right now to be to selfish, takes bad shots when a pass is the better option to often....Welbeck is the closest to being a star for sure, Diouf hasn't showed me anything special yet
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 am

Kylar Stern wrote:I'm not too convinced with Diouf. While he is a good player, he is simply that; good. He doesn't strike me as being particularly outstanding or exceptional in a particular area, and thus I think he should be left out of our 24 man squad in favor of other possible youngsters. Give his game-time to the likes of Pogba and Morrison instead and we will soon have the beginnings of another generation of superstars.

As for Welback displacing Chicha as a starter: totally agree. He can not only bang in the goals, he can play deeper and create them, whilst also being able to play out wide if the game requires it!!!

You already have rooney(scores goals and cretes them) why would you need another I just dont think welbeck has chicharito's goalscoring mindset as in putting the ball into the net no matter what the cost is he may be able to score better goals but IMO quantity insted of quality
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:36 am

Macheda? :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 am

Macheda> Welbeck, but that's just me anyways
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum