M99
DeviAngel
Ganso
Dnmac4
8 posters

Go down

WOW, Liverpool is DEEP Empty WOW, Liverpool is DEEP

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm watching the Liverpool vs Valencia game and they have been going from the game to the stands and showing the Liverpool players and WOW, they have real quality starters and depth.

I knew they have been signing players, but I didn't realize how loaded they are in Midfield and attack. Are they going to sell some players? They are starting to look like Man City with all the quality they have on the bench.

Also, Aquilani is class. I know he has his fair share of injuries, but he is definatly worth 10-15 mil, it's hard to believe someone hasn't snatched him up already.

PS. I know someone will say this so I will put a disclaimer here, I have watched Aquilani a lot before, so no I am not judging him off of this game alone.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

WOW, Liverpool is DEEP Empty Re: WOW, Liverpool is DEEP

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Aquilani isnt a liverpool player anymore :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Do you know something that you would like to share with the group?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Aquilani is liek that he will shine few games than he is gone .... I really loved him when he was in Roma ...but he is not the same .....he is going hot and cold to much .....he plays 3 good games than u have him like chicken without a head for whole season ... He has the skill and potential but seems like he will never fulfill it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Devi said it perfectly. Injuries ruined him, he can be Zidane in one game and Amauri in the next.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:35 pm

We're still an actual LB short of where I'd like us to be, honestly. And we'll need to improve our CBs, and depth in STs before we can truly think about competing with the top sides in Europe again.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Deep?

theyve signed the creme dela creme from the EPL...mitable downwards

Theyre having an atrocious pre season, how you conclude that theyre deep from said pre season is mind boggling

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotze Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:52 pm

RedOranje wrote:We're still an actual LB short of where I'd like us to be, honestly. And we'll need to improve our CBs, and depth in STs before we can truly think about competing with the top sides in Europe again.

Didn't you guys just sign Jose Enrique? He's a pretty solid LB. Along with Aurelio & Robinson, you guys are pretty set there. The only area you need improvement is a backup striker.

Gotze
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:10 pm

cyberman wrote:Deep?

Theyre having an atrocious pre season, how you conclude that theyre deep from said pre season is mind boggling

Well considering United themselves bought "mid-table" players, I don't see where your point is coming from.

Atrocious pre-season? I guess you haven't seen us field our B team as well as when Mou's treble winning Inter had a pre-season as "disastrous"

Not to mention we have the best youth system in England (along with Arsenal)
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:15 pm

cyberman wrote:Deep?

You do know the EPL is the league that they compete in right? Also, who cares if they are struggling in pre-season, they have a ton of new players. If you expect them to be firing on all cylinders right out of the gate then you don't know much about football.

I mean we are talking about a team that finished outside the top 4 in there league, with a bunch of new players they really shouldn't be dominating at this point.

The point of the thread is that if you take where they were when they started last year to where they are starting this year, they are in great shape. They can withstand injuries, losing Gerrard for long stretches and don't have to sink when Torres is injured (I know he's not on the team) like they used to.

It's impressive how they have re-worked there whole team in a year. They went from depending on Torres and Gerrard for everything, and now you don't even notice that Torres is gone and Gerrard isn't out there. They have a lot of quality on there team.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Aquilani is liek that he will shine few games than he is gone .... I really loved him when he was in Roma ...but he is not the same .....he is going hot and cold to much .....he plays 3 good games than u have him like chicken without a head for whole season ... He has the skill and potential but seems like he will never fulfill it

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Aquilani is a class player without a doubt, and he is showing it today. He is like Krasic in which had time to rest and now is fit to play. Last season, he was named player of the month, he went on and had a great start with Juventus up until January in which the whole club flopped, and not only him. He in fact did not have the right support when Marchisio wasn't playing beside him for example, like the Catania game. Other than that, with the right support as he does have it with Liverpool and was following him in this game, I got to say I'm very impressed, and hopefully he can do the same with Italy now against Spain. We needed a Vice Pirlo, Aquilani would of been perfect, Tobad eh? We could of gotten Aquilani for 9m!

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Gotze wrote:
RedOranje wrote:We're still an actual LB short of where I'd like us to be, honestly. And we'll need to improve our CBs, and depth in STs before we can truly think about competing with the top sides in Europe again.

Didn't you guys just sign Jose Enrique? He's a pretty solid LB. Along with Aurelio & Robinson, you guys are pretty set there. The only area you need improvement is a backup striker.

Haven't signed Enrique (or any other LB) yet, Aurelio is the definition of injury-prone, and Robinson is only 18. I think most Liverpool supporters will agree with me that we need to sign a LB still.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum