Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

+29
InterMalia
cheesy
zarola
Zealous
VivaStPauli
Serge Gnabry
xabi
RobbyV
Ganso
Gil
Freeza
S32TABLANCA
The Madrid One
Abramovich
Arquitecto
S
Kev
barca 2011
B-Mac
M99
Art Morte
Albiceleste
guest7
Ali
Sushi Master
El Chelsea Fuerte
kiranr
Adit
juventus101
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Thiago, Canales, Martinez, Sarabia, Canales, Jese, Morata, Delafufu... Spain has lots of good youngsters. Then there are Bojan, Fabregas, Ramos, Pique , Busquets, Borja, Llorente, Negredo, etc. which are all young and will last a while. And countless others. Yes, Spain can compete with Germany and win too.

S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:51 pm

No one will stand a chance against Denmark! or at least i think we will be a team established in top 10 in the world in the next 3-4 years.
I like Germany better and they play the best football IMO so i will be cheering for them!
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:05 pm

England d best. dey have gerrard lampsy ronny terry john wheelchair stirrij mceachrun and other players.

dey only need good coach
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Brazil and Spain.............

...wait brazil doesnt count,were not physical enough
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:29 pm

[Troll mode ON]

Welllllllllll.............. if 1+1=2

If Inter is the best team in Italy, and Bayern is the best team in Germany... then Italy > Germany.

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 2 Tumblr_lkbqylCzu11qzww7ko1_400

[Troll mode OFF]
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Last I checked Milan were the beast team in Italy, so argument void.

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 2 20110128203738!Trollface
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 pm

omarish wrote:
ali8775 wrote:Lebanon :coffee:
Thumbs up

omarish I though you were from Sweden confused
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Sushi Master wrote:In 2006 the Italy squad was the best on Earth. I love how you are talking present, then take matches from 2006 as a benchmark. Last recent match which was only a friendly ended up 1-1. That's how I see them, 2 world class sides which can go very far if they wanted to. Right now, I don't see either with the advantage, Italy having the historical advantage and Germany having the potential talent.

If we take the real deal, the 2010 WC, Germany are currently better. Italy had an outdated manager and an even older squad, so I won't count it since right now they are doing well.

We don't have to wait till 2014, actually. In the Euro's we can see who's the real deal.

Also, it's hard to be equal and at the same time better... just clearing that up.

I bring those past results to show that even recently and today, and in a span of 16 years, Germany has still not beaten Italy in any competition, internationally. Friendly or not, Germany went fully at it by bringing all their stars in their Starting XI when Italy in fact didn't and still experimenting and yet only came out with a draw, in which by the way Germany took this game to another level in which they took it seriously friendly or not. The result just shows that Germany are still not able to beat us. Now I agree that you mention 2 Great sides with no advantages, and that is what I mean presently nobody can complain Germany is better even after this result. By the way, Germany have more potential, however some people seem to forget the potential of our youth players as well, but I will agree on this, on paper not to compared to Germany.

As I mentioned, the World Cup is irrelavent as that was one squad and now is another. We all knew we got what we got for having the shitty squad Lippi picked up when leaving most of our stars behind and relying on youth and mediocore players, now it's diverse. So I agree with what you said there, which some find hard to understand. I'll credit you for that.

As for the Euro's, this is how I see it. Germany always goes far, but never a dull moment chokes when going far, but never winning in the last years. With Italy, it's either we got no where or we go far, so the only way I see this working and comparing who's better is to see who goes more far than the other. The friendly in my eyes, make both squads equal presently, but in general Italy is still better.

milanista99 wrote:Sigh, I thought people learned after the Portugal vs Italy thread. You are better off arguing with a brick wall than arguing with Sciacca. Don't waste you breath Sushi. Just leave him to his deluded thoughts

Your kidding me right? The only historical thing I brought in that Portugal Debate was Italy vs Portugal back in 2008 in which we won. You are referring to the other Juventus fan, nelcuore in which in fact was the one who brought out the historical facts to the debate. TheAguia guy made it clear that I was the only one he was able to debate with. Plus how is this 'arguing' it's a debate, learn the difference. Yes, me deluded... this coming from the guy who has Abate as his avatar and his signature and thinks he's the best player. I atleast come up with knowledge, fact and logic, something in which I guess you don't do, especially with your odd Abate Praise.

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
sciacca wrote:Italy > Germany :coffee:

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 2 Not-sure-if-serious

Yes, I'm serious. :coffee:

Kevacious wrote:Sciacca, hate to break it to you, but this Italian generation of young players simply cannot compare to Germany's. I'm pretty sure 99% of all Italian/ Serie A supporters on this forum will agree with me.

Germany's current generation is simply sublime. Almost every position in the pitch is covered nicely. Defenders, midfielders, attackers, goalkeepers... Germany's youth have got that covered, and covered well all right. Under the exceptional coaching of Loew, this team should make the final of the 2014 World Cup, unless something extremely bizarre occurs.

The problem with the young generation of players in Brazil, Argentina and Italy is that at least one area of the pitch is weak. For Argentina, it's the defence and goalkeeping. In Brazil, it's the same. In Italy, it's the midfield.

Only Spain can compete with Germany in the future. The Netherlands will be slightly behind these two IMO.

And I agree as well, but you are speaking about the future and not what is happening currently, and never did I say our generation is going to be better. Anyways, you can't compare squads with only players, sure on paper Germany can beat almost anyone, but when comparing squads it comes down to Players, tactics, managers, mentality and Fitness. All you are giving me is players, which does not justify you claim at all. As for the future, nobody can predict what happens, many say Germany will win, but what happens they go far, but just choke. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens again..

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Imo Spain is ahead of everyone else, then Brazil and then there's a big group of teams that will be at the top for the next 10 years, Germany one of them but I don't think they will be clearly better than Italy, Holland or Argentina.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:50 pm

What I took from this thread is this:
By 2014, Sciacca will be the new wigglesworth.
:coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Seeing as how we are turning Ozil and Khedira into world beaters and the likes of Godze and Hummels coming through I'd say Germany is sitting pretty atm.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Serge Gnabry wrote:Imo Spain is ahead of everyone else, then Brazil and then there's a big group of teams that will be at the top for the next 10 years, Germany one of them but I don't think they will be clearly better than Italy, Holland or Argentina.
i have to disagree here,Argentina doesnt have a defense,Italy isnt even trying to play youngsters and I think Germany will be a bit better than the Netherlands,kind of like atm.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 pm

There'll be plenty of competition. Germany will never just dominate all the internationals.

They'll just move closer and closer towards Spains level, overtake them for a tournament or two, maybe win the Euros or World Cup, reach one final and lose that, and then probably decline again for a bit, like most NTs do. Shit be cyclical, yo.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:00 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:What I took from this thread is this:
By 2014, Sciacca will be the new wigglesworth.
:coffee:

+1. Thank you for those compliments. You may be surprised to hear this, but I find nothing offensive to this as I feel proud by those words. You see, Wiggles on these forums is my idol, He's a legend if you ask me. I got tremendous respect for the guy. He's one of the most intelligent guys on here when it comes to Italian football and his passion for the history of the squad and the league is tremendous. His vast experience is a great addition. And you saying that I will be the next Wiggles is like a compliment, an appreciation. Thanks.

Forza Italia.
Wiggles = God !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Ganso wrote:
Serge Gnabry wrote:Imo Spain is ahead of everyone else, then Brazil and then there's a big group of teams that will be at the top for the next 10 years, Germany one of them but I don't think they will be clearly better than Italy, Holland or Argentina.
i have to disagree here,Argentina doesnt have a defense,Italy isnt even trying to play youngsters and I think Germany will be a bit better than the Netherlands,kind of like atm.

They are now, and will continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:01 pm

sciacca wrote:*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*
Ok, a draw means one team is better than the other. That's some gold right there.

But Germany has 3 Eurocups compared to Italy's one. So there's facts and logic right there, Germany is better than Italy.

Italy might just end up in a group with another football colossus like New Zealand, and they might just choke again. Who's not to say?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
sciacca wrote:*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*
Ok, a draw means one team is better than the other. That's some gold right there.

But Germany has 3 Eurocups compared to Italy's one. So there's facts and logic right there, Germany is better than Italy.

Italy might just end up in a group with another football colossus like New Zealand, and they might just choke again. Who's not to say?

Funny, to say that, or you didn't read properly? I said the tie makes them equal, tho Italy is superior for their past fixtures with Germany. And I agreed with the rest when it came to the Euro's and potential.

I'm sorry, but Euro Cups don't even compare to World Cups. Anyone would give up 5 Euro's for one World, get your facts right. What a stupid comparison if you ask me. I don't care how many Euro's Germany has, you do not judge on a squad within Euro's cups which is only a continent, rather than you judge a squad on an international level through out the whole planet. Plain and simple.

Maybe, who knows. But that was under Lippi, as you suggested before you find it pointless to even compare with this squad, so? Who knows. We shall see, but I highly doubt that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:08 pm

sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:

who are the youngsters playing for the NT?Starting ?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:

Youngsters, you mean 25 and under or those of 20 years old?

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 pm

sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:

No we're not...

We play maggio cassani over santon abate
Balzaretti over criscito

We still play pirlo... our midfield is around 28-29 years old average I bet.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Sciacca seems like you have shifted base to the general section.. Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:12 pm

sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:

u23 are youngsters imo

cant blame if you guys arent playing youngsters though,euro is one season away
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Alright guys, pack your bags. Eurocups, Copa América are useless cups to judge talent and performance in. Nevermind Spain winning the Euro, then maintaining momentum and winning the World fuckin' Cup a few years later. They could have played San Marino 5 times straight and had the same preparation.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:

u23 are youngsters imo

cant blame if you guys arent playing youngsters though,euro is one season away

Rossi, Balotelli, Santon, Giovinco, Ogbonna, Bonucci, Sirigu, Viviano, Criscito, etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Alright guys, pack your bags. Eurocups, Copa América are useless cups to judge talent and performance in. Nevermind Spain winning the Euro, then maintaining momentum and winning the World fuckin' Cup a few years later. They could have played San Marino 5 times straight and had the same preparation.

Useless compared to World Cups, yes... Since when do we judge historically a squad better than one another on the international scale on Coppa America, African or Euro Cups? Last I checked World Cups were the ones that mattered most in which is true. Performances are irrelavent, as we speak about the history and not what some players are doing currently. Sure, of course, Spain is currently better, but what's your point? It took Spain more than 70 years to win one World Cup... Historically, you can't even put Spain in Italy's shoes my friend. By the way, France was the same thing as Spain, didn't take to long for them to fall, and same will happen to Spain, not everyone can be the best for ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm not putting Spain as the best of all time or anything, just saying they are the World's best as of right now.

And I'm not just talking about performance. Participating in such tournaments you develop much more than just performance. Team chemistry, tactical solidity, a solid starting 11, confidence, mentality, etc... So much more things. Germany have grinded themselves to so many WC finals on pure mentality alone that you can't just judge them on talent, or performance, anyways.

Those Cups are a lot more important than you think. Italy have only 1 more WC than Germany, not 3 or 4 more, so the difference is not very significant.

And actually, we are discussing present here. I already conceeded Italy are historically better than Germany (by a hair, anyways).

My point is currently they are about equal although Germany have better talent and have gotten better results. Future wise they also look better.

sciacca wrote:not everyone can be the best for ever.
That's the whole frakking point Laughing The irony...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next