Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

+29
InterMalia
cheesy
zarola
Zealous
VivaStPauli
Serge Gnabry
xabi
RobbyV
Ganso
Gil
Freeza
S32TABLANCA
The Madrid One
Abramovich
Arquitecto
S
Kev
barca 2011
B-Mac
M99
Art Morte
Albiceleste
guest7
Ali
Sushi Master
El Chelsea Fuerte
kiranr
Adit
juventus101
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm not putting Spain as the best of all time or anything, just saying they are the World's best as of right now.

And I'm not just talking about performance. Participating in such tournaments you develop much more than just performance. Team chemistry, tactical solidity, a solid starting 11, confidence, mentality, etc... So much more things. Germany have grinded themselves to so many WC finals on pure mentality alone that you can't just judge them on talent, or performance, anyways.

Those Cups are a lot more important than you think. Italy have only 1 more WC than Germany, not 3 or 4 more, so the difference is not very significant.

And actually, we are discussing present here. I already conceeded Italy are historically better than Germany (by a hair, anyways).

My point is currently they are about equal although Germany have better talent and have gotten better results. Future wise they also look better.

sciacca wrote:not everyone can be the best for ever.
That's the whole frakking point Laughing The irony...

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

Post by cheesy Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Germany have a strong national side, but they have a long way to go until they can compete with the likes of Brazil, Spain and Scotland on a consistent basis.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 pm

cheesy wrote:Germany have a strong national side, but they have a long way to go until they can compete with the likes of Brazil, Spain and Scotland on a consistent basis.

I gave a +1 to your comment.. Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:33 pm

cheesy wrote:Germany have a strong national side, but they have a long way to go until they can compete with the likes of Brazil, Spain and Scotland on a consistent basis.
Afro
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

I gave a +1 to your comment.. Laughing
Thanks. It's users like you who keep this excellent forum going.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:38 pm

I can't believe some of you think World Cups can be compared to Euro Cups, LOL

Last edited by sciacca on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 pm

:coffee: Italy should have its own section on this forum.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 pm

zarola wrote: :coffee: Italy should have its own section on this forum.

We do... The Italy Section + the Euro 2012 section...

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm

So we agree it's basically just Spain and Holland?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:04 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:So we agree it's basically just Spain and Holland?

The best currently, or only contenders?

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 pm

sciacca wrote:

What Italy section :s
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 pm

zarola wrote:
sciacca wrote:

What Italy section :s

The Serie A one...

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 pm

sciacca wrote:

Contenders in the near future (I assume we're talking up to 2014, maybe even just 2012)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Contenders in the near future (I assume we're talking up to 2014, maybe even just 2012)

Then no, they won't only be contenders...

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm

In retrospect we're probably talking 2014-2018ish, because 2012 will probably still be Spains year (even though I doubt they'll defend their title).
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 pm

World cup final 2014: Germany A vs Germany B
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:26 pm

We used to call Germany B "East Germany", in the good old days... Afro
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:We used to call Germany B "East Germany", in the good old days... Afro

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Groovy music
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Guess no one has ever heard of how West Germany completely got away with doping and oxygenated blood in the 70s
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Argentina, easy. They have ridiculous amounts of world class forwards for one country, and it's only a matter of time until a CB has a breakthrough
Best post in the thread Very Happy One time when you guys won a world cup, the defenders were decent but the forwards somewhat lacking. The decent defense+ Maradona= 1WC Very Happy
Unfortunately, I don't see the arrival of that CB anytime soon. Talk about extremly unbalanced squads Very Happy
Are playing defender in Argentine so unpopular? Very Happy
Arquitecto wrote:Guess no one has ever heard of how West Germany completely got away with doping and oxygenated blood in the 70s
Fuentes says hello Very Happy I still think that Farca dope. The amount of pressing they do for 90 minutes is insane Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Argentina, easy. They have ridiculous amounts of world class forwards for one country, and it's only a matter of time until a CB has a breakthrough
Best post in the thread Very Happy One time when you guys won a world cup, the defenders were decent but the forwards somewhat lacking. The decent defense+ Maradona= 1WC Very Happy
Unfortunately, I don't see the arrival of that CB anytime soon. Talk about extremly unbalanced squads Very Happy
I'm not sure, but we'll have to see what Otamendi and Garay turn into in the Portugese league, there is a really good defender in the Argentina u-20 squad right now, Pezzella, he has been spectacular in defense all tournament.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
I'm not sure, but we'll have to see what Otamendi and Garay turn into in the Portugese league, there is a really good defender in the Argentina u-20 squad right now, Pezzella, he has been spectacular in defense all tournament.
Otamendi isn't that good in my accounts, Garay has got the potential of a very smart defender but you have to pair him with a bully. Mascherano for CB perhaps? Very Happy
I heard about the Pezzella guy but never saw him play. What is his playing style like? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Otamendi isn't that good in my accounts, Garay has got the potential of a very smart defender but you have to pair him with a bully. Mascherano for CB perhaps? Very Happy
I heard about the Pezzella guy but never saw him play. What is his playing style like? Very Happy
Otamendi has potential, but tbh I don't really see him making a break through. I'd like to see Mascherano at CB for the short term and maybe long term if no one else is good enough but I doubt that will happen, who know's though with Sabella.

Pezzella is a pretty tough guy a great tackler and has great positioning, he really impressed me, I think he's the future of Argentina's defense tbh. ☀

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Otamendi has potential, but tbh I don't really see him making a break through. I'd like to see Mascherano at CB for the short term and maybe long term if no one else is good enough but I doubt that will happen, who know's though with Sabella.

Pezzella is a pretty tough guy a great tackler and has great positioning, he really impressed me, I think he's the future of Argentina's defense tbh. ☀
You need a decent fullback as well. People thought CBs were the problem against Germany in WC but your real problems were wingers who came through easily Very Happy
You need Pastore to man up, a decent CB+ Mascherano, 1 defensive fullback, then you start to enjoy your NT fanboyism Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

summing it up,Argentina needs a back 4 and a playmaker
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next