Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

+29
InterMalia
cheesy
zarola
Zealous
VivaStPauli
Serge Gnabry
xabi
RobbyV
Ganso
Gil
Freeza
S32TABLANCA
The Madrid One
Abramovich
Arquitecto
S
Kev
barca 2011
B-Mac
M99
Art Morte
Albiceleste
guest7
Ali
Sushi Master
El Chelsea Fuerte
kiranr
Adit
juventus101
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

summing it up,Argentina needs a back 4 and a playmaker

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will anyone be able to compete with Germany in the future?

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Argentina, easy. They have ridiculous amounts of world class forwards for one country, and it's only a matter of time until a CB has a breakthrough
Best post in the thread Very Happy One time when you guys won a world cup, the defenders were decent but the forwards somewhat lacking. The decent defense+ Maradona= 1WC Very Happy
Unfortunately, I don't see the arrival of that CB anytime soon. Talk about extremly unbalanced squads Very Happy
Are playing defender in Argentine so unpopular? Very Happy
I'm not sure, but we'll have to see what Otamendi and Garay turn into in the Portugese league, there is a really good defender in the Argentina u-20 squad right now, Pezzella, he has been spectacular in defense all tournament.
Otamendi isn't that good in my accounts, Garay has got the potential of a very smart defender but you have to pair him with a bully. Mascherano for CB perhaps? Very Happy
I heard about the Pezzella guy but never saw him play. What is his playing style like? Very Happy
Otamendi has potential, but tbh I don't really see him making a break through. I'd like to see Mascherano at CB for the short term and maybe long term if no one else is good enough but I doubt that will happen, who know's though with Sabella.

Pezzella is a pretty tough guy a great tackler and has great positioning, he really impressed me, I think he's the future of Argentina's defense tbh. ☀
You need a decent fullback as well. People thought CBs were the problem against Germany in WC but your real problems were wingers who came through easily Very Happy
You need Pastore to man up, a decent CB+ Mascherano, 1 defensive fullback, then you start to enjoy your NT fanboyism Very Happy

Yeah I believe the problem is in Argentina, they don't really have many fullbacks/wingbacks since they believe that defenders should defend and not really go forward.

At LB, Rojo has been decent and Emiliano Insua is there too but neither are really that good. At RB there is Pillud who played well in Argentina and the guy who's name escapes me it starts with an A though. Zabaleta can play either position as well.

As for the AM/Playmaker, Lamela, Alvarez and Pastore are all good options and are spectacular talents.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Argentina, easy. They have ridiculous amounts of world class forwards for one country, and it's only a matter of time until a CB has a breakthrough
Best post in the thread Very Happy One time when you guys won a world cup, the defenders were decent but the forwards somewhat lacking. The decent defense+ Maradona= 1WC Very Happy
Unfortunately, I don't see the arrival of that CB anytime soon. Talk about extremly unbalanced squads Very Happy
Are playing defender in Argentine so unpopular? Very Happy
I'm not sure, but we'll have to see what Otamendi and Garay turn into in the Portugese league, there is a really good defender in the Argentina u-20 squad right now, Pezzella, he has been spectacular in defense all tournament.
Otamendi isn't that good in my accounts, Garay has got the potential of a very smart defender but you have to pair him with a bully. Mascherano for CB perhaps? Very Happy
I heard about the Pezzella guy but never saw him play. What is his playing style like? Very Happy
Otamendi has potential, but tbh I don't really see him making a break through. I'd like to see Mascherano at CB for the short term and maybe long term if no one else is good enough but I doubt that will happen, who know's though with Sabella.

Pezzella is a pretty tough guy a great tackler and has great positioning, he really impressed me, I think he's the future of Argentina's defense tbh. ☀
You need a decent fullback as well. People thought CBs were the problem against Germany in WC but your real problems were wingers who came through easily Very Happy
You need Pastore to man up, a decent CB+ Mascherano, 1 defensive fullback, then you start to enjoy your NT fanboyism Very Happy

Yeah I believe the problem is in Argentina, they don't really have many fullbacks/wingbacks since they believe that defenders should defend and not really go forward.

At LB, Rojo has been decent and Emiliano Insua is there too but neither are really that good. At RB there is Pillud who played well in Argentina and the guy who's name escapes me it starts with an A though. Zabaleta can play either position as well.

As for the AM/Playmaker, Lamela, Alvarez and Pastore are all good options and are spectacular talents.

Zabaleta is Argentinian? Very Happy Why wasn't he called up? He is more than a decent fullback.Sorry but Rojo and Insua... I don't want to write that word, am the decent guy at the moment Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Zabaleta is Argentinian? Very Happy Why wasn't he called up? He is more than a decent fullback.Sorry but Rojo and Insua... I don't want to write that word, am the decent guy at the moment Very Happy
Yes they are both pretty meh, Zabaleta was there and he played two games I believe, he was ok provided decent width but didn't do much in attack with the ball.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Yes they are both pretty meh, Zabaleta was there and he played two games I believe, he was ok provided decent width but didn't do much in attack with the ball.
Maradona needs to start ' Argentine needs more defenders' campaign Very Happy Perhaps there'll be more young defenders in 2-4 years, Messi and Aguero will be around I think Very Happy
By the way, what will happen in Brazil vs. Germany? without Özildira? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Maradona needs to start ' Argentine needs more defenders' campaign Very Happy Perhaps there'll be more young defenders in 2-4 years, Messi and Aguero will be around I think Very Happy
By the way, what will happen in Brazil vs. Germany? without Özildira? Very Happy
Goetze will step up Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Götze & Kroos to step up, but Germany to still lose due to utter incapability to EVER perform in a friendly, not even against Brazil.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:03 am

Sushi Master wrote:I'm not putting Spain as the best of all time or anything, just saying they are the World's best as of right now.

And I'm not just talking about performance. Participating in such tournaments you develop much more than just performance. Team chemistry, tactical solidity, a solid starting 11, confidence, mentality, etc... So much more things. Germany have grinded themselves to so many WC finals on pure mentality alone that you can't just judge them on talent, or performance, anyways.

Those Cups are a lot more important than you think. Italy have only 1 more WC than Germany, not 3 or 4 more, so the difference is not very significant.

And actually, we are discussing present here. I already conceeded Italy are historically better than Germany (by a hair, anyways).

My point is currently they are about equal although Germany have better talent and have gotten better results. Future wise they also look better.

Alright and who is denying that? Didn't I myself repeatedly say Spain was currently better...

Look, it's not about you playing in it. It is important, but for crying out loud were talking about the World Cup. That does not even compete with other tournaments, plain and simple. World Cup justifies how good of squad you are historically, nobody goes and says, Germany is better than Italy because they got more Euro Cups, it's like give me a break.

Difference or not we have more, 5 Euro Cups don't even equal to one World Cup.

Fine, we are, and I already mentioned what I had to say about the present. You are the one coming up with theories in which some way Germany is better than Italy historically which is completely false and odd.

Alright and? I said that already, they are equal, what are you trying to prove in all of this...? And I even mentioned that, Germany's generation is better than ours. So..? Once again, what are you trying to say...? I'm just claiming we can't predict the future, that's all.

sciacca wrote:not everyone can be the best for ever.
That's the whole frakking point Laughing The irony..

Who's claiming Italy is the best here...? Being better and being the best is diverse.

cheesy wrote:Germany have a strong national side, but they have a long way to go until they can compete with the likes of Brazil, Spain and Scotland on a consistent basis.

Scotland...? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:13 am

I know Germany has never beaten Italy in a game for the World Cup or Euros. But Has Germany ever beaten Italy, even in a friendly? Just wondering.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 am

wigglesworth wrote:I know Germany has never beaten Italy in a game for the World Cup or Euros. But Has Germany ever beaten Italy, even in a friendly? Just wondering.

Nope... 16 years unbeaten.

Last three fixtures...

Italy v Germany - 4-1
Italy v Germany - 2-0
Italy v Germany - 1-1

:coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 am

Germany hasnt beaten brazil in 20 years :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 am

Ganso wrote:Germany hasnt beaten brazil in 20 years :coffee:

Of course not, Italy and Brazil are superior to them. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:19 am

Germany hasn't beaten Argentina in one year. :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:20 am

sciacca wrote:

thats just how we roll :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 am

Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Indeed... :coffee: Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:23 am

Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Not for long.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:27 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Not for long.
Argentina havent won silverware for almost 20 years,you jelly? :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 am

Ganso wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Not for long.
Argentina havent won silverware for almost 20 years,you jelly? :coffee:
Don't remind me Sad Sad

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:42 am

sciacca wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:I know Germany has never beaten Italy in a game for the World Cup or Euros. But Has Germany ever beaten Italy, even in a friendly? Just wondering.

Nope... 16 years unbeaten.

Last three fixtures...

Italy v Germany - 4-1
Italy v Germany - 2-0
Italy v Germany - 1-1

:coffee:

So logically progressing the next match should be Italy v Germany 0.5 - Infinity *math*
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4