McLewis
Art Morte
Abramovich
windkick
M99
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OFFICIAL: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by RED Tue 09 Aug 2011, 02:50

Great signing by arsenal, he is gonna be class for them. He definitely stood out and looked like a special little player when United played Southhampton in the FA Cup last season. Good technique, good vision, quick, small and agile and can pick out a dangerous pass too.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Kuru Tue 09 Aug 2011, 02:58

They payed 12m for a 17 year old? If he's willing to pay 12m for an a 17 years old unproven player, why can't he spend +20m on proven players...especially considering that its not really the best time to develop a new kid, with the team not winning any major trophies in recent times, and their star players looking to win some in other teams...
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue 09 Aug 2011, 03:21

Kuru wrote:They payed 12m for a 17 year old? If he's willing to pay 12m for an a 17 years old unproven player, why can't he spend +20m on proven players...especially considering that its not really the best time to develop a new kid, with the team not winning any major trophies in recent times, and their star players looking to win some in other teams...

This is a reference to our bail out act with Juan Mata right? Did you know (bother to care) why we did? Valencia spiked his transfer fee to somewhere north of 30 milli? Now tell me what Juan Mata has done internationally, or in club for him to command such transfer cost?

Or were you referring to us disagreeing to pay 18 million for Evertons demands for Mr Phil, yet to play an actual competitive game for England Jagielka? When defenders like Per Mertersaker are in the market for 5-7 million?

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Tue 09 Aug 2011, 05:10

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
Kuru wrote:They payed 12m for a 17 year old? If he's willing to pay 12m for an a 17 years old unproven player, why can't he spend +20m on proven players...especially considering that its not really the best time to develop a new kid, with the team not winning any major trophies in recent times, and their star players looking to win some in other teams...

This is a reference to our bail out act with Juan Mata right? Did you know (bother to care) why we did? Valencia spiked his transfer fee to somewhere north of 30 milli? Now tell me what Juan Mata has done internationally, or in club for him to command such transfer cost?

Or were you referring to us disagreeing to pay 18 million for Evertons demands for Mr Phil, yet to play an actual competitive game for England Jagielka? When defenders like Per Mertersaker are in the market for 5-7 million?

No, I wasn't referring to anyone specifically, I was wondering why wouldn't he do it in general, I'm sure that there are a lot of quality players in 22-25m region.

Plus, (and correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm not sure) but wasn't Mata's release clause earlier in the transfer menu just 25m?
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue 09 Aug 2011, 06:04

I don't see anything wrong with the price, the down payment is somewhere between 5-6m which is not bad.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Tue 09 Aug 2011, 08:16

isn't that downpayment almost as much as Clichy's price? Get Enrique &we'd be twice as happy No
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 09 Aug 2011, 13:46

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 09 Aug 2011, 13:50

Instant classic lmao

That's awesome
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 09 Aug 2011, 13:59

ROFLMAO EPIC LOL.

Simply awesome haha.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue 09 Aug 2011, 14:00

Look at how Wenger has crossed his arms. That means he is being defensive. I guess this means he does not trust Stan yet!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 09 Aug 2011, 14:15

Ade wrote:

OH MY GOOD LORD this is one of the best vids I've ever seen!
Simply genious!!! And I never use three exclamation marks like that!!!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 09 Aug 2011, 14:25

LOL, nice video. Wenger is going to spend and bring in more players just wait and see, I hope Very Happy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue 09 Aug 2011, 14:35

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

mata had a clause in his contract that when a bid of between 20-25 mil was submitted to the club, we would have to either sell him or raise his wages... that clause finished on july 31st, not valencia's fault arsenal can't act fast enough

and what has mata done? certainly a lot more than an 18 year old from third division... but hey, i'm not complaining Very Happy
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue 09 Aug 2011, 14:39

arsenal should have signed the other alex from chelsea Very Happy
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue 09 Aug 2011, 14:44

Seems like the fee 12 mil upfront with 3 mil in add ons.Record fee for Southampton.Apparently Arsenal had a 7 mil bid turned down last month.

DuncanCastles Duncan Castles
Arsenal will pay up to £14m for Oxlade-Chamberlain. £10m down, £2m in a year, £2m add ons. Record for Southampton + Championship club. #afc
29 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 17:34

Ade wrote:

:lol!:

AWESOME!
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue 09 Aug 2011, 17:39

The next Walcott? Laughing

anyway it seems Arsenal have been out robbing trophies during the riots.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 09 Aug 2011, 17:43

We tried looting Spurs, but instead found a pawn shop receipt in the trophy cabinet
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue 09 Aug 2011, 17:44

Lex wrote:We tried looting Spurs, but instead found a pawn shop receipt in the trophy cabinet

lmao Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue 09 Aug 2011, 18:57

Ade wrote:
Amazing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2