Raptorgunner
Sri
jayp
Lex
hitshot
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Campbell does look like he has a bit of van Persie in him; in as much that, he's good on the ball and has a mean left foot. Probably has a tad more pace than ole' van Persie, though. Laughing

My only concern with him is if he'll adapt properly to new surroundings. South American kids don't seem to do too well over here mainly for this reason.

RVP at Feyenoord what deceptively quick. Over time, he's slowed the more AW pushed him more central. I agree that JC has raw pace which is alway a plus. This will sound a bit silly, but even the tap ins he scores have a look of RVP. He peels of very well and has mad accuracy in the left peg. I also agree that South Americans kids struggle, to an extent. But I see big things for this kid. He has a confidence and swagger whcih a lot of other kids lack.

SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:15 pm

srigooner wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Just thinking about what all our signings this summer bar Jenkinson have in common:

Gervinho - Pace
Chamberlain - Pace
Miyaichi (technically) - Pace
Campbell - Pace

Evidently, you can see the sort of future Wenger is building for.

Guys, does anyone see RVP characteristics in JC? Because I do. Eventual heir, maybe Cool

JC has mad tekkers for his age. He has a way of looking unorthodox; but I'm convinced that it is his own form of tekkers. Honestly, I'd get rid of Vela now. JC looks like a frickin problem!

p.s. If you don't have tekkers, AW will surely install it in you!

Wow.. I'm away for a bit and half my thoughts get leaked; great minds think alike eh! Was just telling Ali that JC's left foot seems second only to that of RvP.. Very Happy

He is called the "Samuel Eto'o of Costa Rica" btw. :coffee:

He sure is rapid like Mr Eto'o Shocked

I concur- great minds do indeed think alike Laughing
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
srigooner wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Just thinking about what all our signings this summer bar Jenkinson have in common:

Gervinho - Pace
Chamberlain - Pace
Miyaichi (technically) - Pace
Campbell - Pace

Evidently, you can see the sort of future Wenger is building for.

Guys, does anyone see RVP characteristics in JC? Because I do. Eventual heir, maybe Cool

JC has mad tekkers for his age. He has a way of looking unorthodox; but I'm convinced that it is his own form of tekkers. Honestly, I'd get rid of Vela now. JC looks like a frickin problem!

p.s. If you don't have tekkers, AW will surely install it in you!

Wow.. I'm away for a bit and half my thoughts get leaked; great minds think alike eh! Was just telling Ali that JC's left foot seems second only to that of RvP.. Very Happy

He is called the "Samuel Eto'o of Costa Rica" btw. :coffee:

He sure is rapid like Mr Eto'o Shocked

I concur- great minds do indeed think alike Laughing
Cool Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:20 pm

First things first though: gotta get the kid a work permit. I'm not entirely sure we can get one for him this year. He should go on loan regardless.

Can't remember the last time we've had so many talented forwards at Arsenal. Campbell, Wellington, Afobe, Miyaichi, Chamberlain... Walcott is hardly old, either.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 pm

I really think this kid can make a big effect ! I just did a profile on him btw if anyones interested.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Now that you mention it, Wellington needs that permit soon too..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Great young signing but not what we need. It's getting a bit restless for Gunners, waiting for a strong and established defender to come in. Especially when Wenger thinks we don't need one.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:This smells like 'Operation Youth Project 2.0'. I'm not against it per se, but I want to see a mixture of young talents along with experienced winners. Walcott, Campbell, AOC, Chesny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Aneke, Afobe, Freeman, Bartley, Miguel, Jenkinson and Ozykup (to name a few) all have incredible talent and they could well be the next Mancherster Utd. BUT unless AW sign experienced winner, we'll see what we've already seen in the way of breathe taking carling Cup performance but no real silverware.

Like I said it's back to square one....wenger is rebuilding the team.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:This smells like 'Operation Youth Project 2.0'. I'm not against it per se, but I want to see a mixture of young talents along with experienced winners. Walcott, Campbell, AOC, Chesny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Aneke, Afobe, Freeman, Bartley, Miguel, Jenkinson and Ozykup (to name a few) all have incredible talent and they could well be the next Mancherster Utd. BUT unless AW sign experienced winner, we'll see what we've already seen in the way of breathe taking carling Cup performance but no real silverware.

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:

selling 2 players is rebuilding the team?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Selling two of your best players, one being the key to the whole formation for the last 3-4 years is a from of rebuilding. But we have replacements (ramsey wilshire), but if these 2 dont run the EPL this season, we could be in for a tough season. But i still dont believe cesc is gone yet.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:24 pm

What a week!!! First Chamberlain, than Miyaichi and now Campbell - Next week: Jadson, Cahill, Cesc and Nasri. Wenger make it happen Cool
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Jenkinson , Chamberlain, Miyaichi and now Campbell

Oh man i can't wait for 2018 -.-
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Spider wrote:Jenkinson , Chamberlain, Miyaichi and now Campbell

Very Happy Very Happy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:11 am

lol,

But we must be happy, imagine if Manchester United would get Campbell & Chamberlain, i would be maaaaaad.

Let's welcome Campbell, and wait for short-term transfers. Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:12 am

lmfaooo hahahahaha

you think they can all perform at 27-28 ? They would be over the hill at that time What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:24 am

ok, at least one of campbell, AOC, or Ryo if not all of them should end up being world class or close.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:41 am

ali8775 wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:

selling 2 players is rebuilding the team?

We sold clichy,nasri,cesc,Bendy and eboue, almunia will follow.
Next year it could be diaby and arshavin.

We have bought in gervinho, chamberlain, jenkinson,Campbell, ryo if that doesn't represent some sort of rebuilding process then j don't what does.

Last edited by gunnerlistick on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:45 am

There is nothing wrong with buying youth just need experience as well which we have not purchased yet....
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 am

LOL hahahaha don't worry, by 2018 Wenger will have sold them to Man Shitty to buy more teenagers. Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 am

Emaharg wrote:just need experience as well which we have not purchased yet....
Gervinho is 24 and is just coming off a very successful season with Lille, so he knows what it takes to win big
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:07 am

We do have experience.. What yall on about?! RvP, Rosicky, Arshavin, Fabianski, all are experienced players!! As is Gervinho.. Even Squillashit for that matter Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:24 am

srigooner wrote:We do have experience.. What yall on about?! RvP, Rosicky, Arshavin, Fabianski, all are experienced players!! As is Gervinho.. Even Squillashit for that matter Razz

Sagna, Verminator, Kos to some extent, Song, even Walcott is experienced despite his tender age
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:30 am

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell - Page 2 371522089

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:34 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell - Page 2 371522089

Did someone take that picture with a potato ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 am

urbaNRoots wrote:What a week!!! First Chamberlain, than Miyaichi and now Campbell - Next week: Jadson, Cahill, Cesc and Nasri. Wenger make it happen Cool

very happy weekend.. I see the mood changing in the forum.. Most of them are back positive with exciting signings of Chamberlain, Campbell and Miyachis permit..
So its already 5 signings.. And i am sure the 6th one.. A centre back will be coming soon to avoid seeing Squillaci.. He.. He..
The summer doesnt look bad for me...
Thats the joy of being a Gooner.. We are never devoid of any hope...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next