Raptorgunner
Sri
jayp
Lex
hitshot
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell

Post by Wilson37 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 am

urbaNRoots wrote:What a week!!! First Chamberlain, than Miyaichi and now Campbell - Next week: Jadson, Cahill, Cesc and Nasri. Wenger make it happen Cool

very happy weekend.. I see the mood changing in the forum.. Most of them are back positive with exciting signings of Chamberlain, Campbell and Miyachis permit..
So its already 5 signings.. And i am sure the 6th one.. A centre back will be coming soon to avoid seeing Squillaci.. He.. He..
The summer doesnt look bad for me...
Thats the joy of being a Gooner.. We are never devoid of any hope...

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell

Post by Sri Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:45 am

Wilson37 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:What a week!!! First Chamberlain, than Miyaichi and now Campbell - Next week: Jadson, Cahill, Cesc and Nasri. Wenger make it happen Cool

very happy weekend.. I see the mood changing in the forum.. Most of them are back positive with exciting signings of Chamberlain, Campbell and Miyachis permit..
So its already 5 signings.. And i am sure the 6th one.. A centre back will be coming soon to avoid seeing Squillaci.. He.. He..
The summer doesnt look bad for me...
Thats the joy of being a Gooner.. We are never devoid of any hope...

Except towards the end of the season Razz Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 am

Ohhhh Very Happy .....Welcome bro. He definitely is Albanian yeahhhhh Laughing
Campbel a great sign alsoo but Mehmedi would be just Perfect.IMO..LOOL
Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCnRfStygPgVJ1bjIhCuWlOfxl0Z5hQaWWl7pg87FPtRhkR6AoBw

SIR. Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 pm

ali8775 wrote:
Spider wrote:Jenkinson , Chamberlain, Miyaichi and now Campbell

Oh man i can't wait for 2018 -.-

lmfaooo hahahahaha

you think they can all perform at 27-28 ? They would be over the hill at that time What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Wenger buys RVP at age 21, at age 28 he's just come off of the most prolific goal scoring season of his career. They better not be over the hill Evil or Very Mad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 am

Joel Campbell will arrive in London this morning to complete his £930,000 switch from Deportivo Saprissa. The fee is a Costa Rican record, but the money that’s changed hands isn’t the only bit of history made between the two clubs.

Saprissa president Juan Carlos Rojas has confirmed the 29-time Primera División Champions have agreed a partnership arrangement with the Gunners, after Richard Law was impressed with the sides youth setup. Rojas revealed the news at a press conference in San José over the weekend, in which Campbell was presented as an Arsenal player.

Rojas said the details of the setup were sketchy, but the initial plans include the sharing of training methods and the creation of an elite Academy, where Arsenal and Saprissa would have their pick of Costa Rican talent.

“We are extremely excited about this opportunity to strengthen our organization through the sharing of best practices Arsenal. We will be visiting London next month and in due time we will provide details of this relationship, which includes close collaboration on a number of issues, as well as the creation of a Saprissa-Arsenal Academy.”

South American executive Law called into the press conference and spoke of his delight at capturing Campbell, who was later presented with an Arsenal shirt with his name on it. The 19-year-old then gave his view on the transfer.

“I’m very happy, very proud for my family, football and Costa Rica. Arsenal is a team that I’ve liked my whole life, and gives chances to young players. It’s a good team to show myself.”

Joel has signed a five-year-contract with the Gunners, and has already requested the number 12 shirt. Arsenal are hopeful of securing a work permit, but Campbell is expected to train with the first-team while awaiting confirmation.

- YoungGunsBlog

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:36 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Typical Wenger signing. Nothing against this player that I don't know but Wenger has a problem with buying players. He should not be in charge of the transferts of the club.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:55 pm

OLpower wrote:Typical Wenger signing. Nothing against this player that I don't know but Wenger has a problem with buying players. He should not be in charge of the transferts of the club.

...Why?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Well i for one am excited to see what the kid can bring to the table. From what i've seen of him (mostly compilation videos) he's good with either foot and has a killer free-kick on him. We need more set piece takers, because i can't think of anyone else besides RVP in our squad who can take a good free-kick
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
OLpower wrote:Typical Wenger signing. Nothing against this player that I don't know but Wenger has a problem with buying players. He should not be in charge of the transferts of the club.

...Why?

Because he mainly sign yound talented and inexperienced players and no high profile and experienced player. Gervinho was a good buy but that's all he did this year.

Wenger is a great coach and that's why I think he can win the league, but for almost anynone it would be impossible to contend for the title with such a weakened and young squad.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:26 pm

It's not all Wenger, though.

Everyone at the club is on the same wavelength; from the chairman, to the directors, to the manager and to his scouts and coaches.

Wenger will tell his scouts what sort of player he wants. The scouts come back with reports and recommendations for Wenger. If Wenger decides he wants someone, he'll ask the club to buy him.

The scouts came back with positive reviews of Campbell and Wenger decided he was worth a go and signed him.

He's not neglecting buying older players. It's possible that he just doesn't think the players being recommended to him are the right players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:55 pm

His finishing is really good.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm

LMAO When i saw this thread i was like ( scratch ) , then i noticed the date -.-
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Glad we signed him, looks like the real. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:57 am

I also didnt check the date.. I was thinking that didnt we sign him earlier ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 am

BUMP!

"He has come from a non-competitive world to a world with hyper-competition," Wenger said.

"He has adapted slowly, but has adapted very well, he has a very good spirit and attitude.

"He is a member of my squad at the moment, He had a good preparation and played well against Benfica.

"In training he is very focused and eager to do well. I would like to keep him."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140815/wenger-campbell-deserves-his-chance

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3