Would football be more fun without Messi?

+15
billionmillion
zarola
Ganso
white_star
Sushi Master
StevieRayVaughan
xabi
Pedram
Ali
Kev
Doc
REWB
harhar11
Harmonica
Vibe
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would football be more fun without Messi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would football be more fun without Messi?

Post by white_star Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:32 pm

O comon what a stupid question this player is amazing i love watching him play he not only scores great Goals, but pawns defenders and has amazing Vision, he is truly a gem to have around! All of you saying hes not good are just being ignorant you don't have to like him but don't deny the skill he has!! Xabi guy ur being an ignorant biased, barca hating Madrid fan, take the loss like a man and deal with the fact that Messi owns your team! (just to make it clear not a barca fan!! I just like Messi as a player)

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Would football be more fun without Messi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would football be more fun without Messi?

Post by harhar11 Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Mr.Hendrix wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Doc wrote:Dinho performed for Brasil in the 2002 World Cup. That is the PSG Dinho and not the Barcelona Dinho mind you.

And messi perfromed for argentina at copa america 2007 brilliantly, and no matter what everyone else says messi was by faaaar the best argentine at the copa america 11 and the best argentine at the WC 10..

Considering how bad Argentina were, it is not something I would boast about. I don't blame Messi for Argie's failure, but he disappointed me a lot. I mean you expect better from the best player in the world, but i am sure with a better coach in Argentina, Messi will perform. For now, Messi hasn't done shit with the national team but that will definitely change in the future.

Messi was brilliant at the copa america 07, so I wouldn't say that he hasn't done shit..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:02 pm

poor man's ronaldinho.

Ive said this before,messi doesnt entertain me.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:21 pm

ITT Messi is boring to watch because hes too good and no one can stop him.

No. Messi makes things way more exciting, especially against good defenders. Screw la liga/epl when he goes up against some strong italian tactics and serie a defenders it is so beautiful and suspenseful to see if he can penetrate his way through, and it is beautiful to see people tackling and stopping him. Against a crappy defense or crappy team of course messi is boring and repetitive... because it works.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:06 pm

85% its Xabi's second account. Otherwise I guess your gf left you because of messi or you are a hidden cr fanboy .
But i understand you. You need a new best player before nobody did it 4 years in a row.

and one thing, if messi used too much tricks he would not be so successful. Football is more efficent without tricks

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Ganso wrote:poor man's ronaldinho.

I take it you don't find messi entertaining because he doesn't do tricks? For me tricks can be fun to watch but only when players use them with a purpose but players like cr94,robinho and ,from what I have seen, neymar I don't find it entertaining. They seems to do lots of useless trick, which slows down the play..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:43 pm

harhar11 wrote:
xabi wrote:butthurt barca fan boys giving neg rep?

messi is not fit to lace even ronaldinhos boots

You seem to be butthurt that cr94 is not even fit to lace messi's boot. A messi out of form still rapes real madrid, with the murderer who fake madrid supporter were saying was the antimessi, pepe(!) while cr94 in top form still can't get past alves, who everyone seems to think is a lousy defender...
why, why bring ronaldo into this. Do you guys have an obsession of constantly sucking his dick?

Messi doesn't use tricks? LOL?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:55 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Ganso wrote:poor man's ronaldinho.

I take it you don't find messi entertaining because he doesn't do tricks? For me tricks can be fun to watch but only when players use them with a purpose but players like cr94,robinho and ,from what I have seen, neymar I don't find it entertaining. They seems to do lots of useless trick, which slows down the play..
Ronaldinho and neymar do tricks to get past opponents,MUCH more entertaining than messi.(robinho and cr's tricks are meh though)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

nah... the way you should look at it is whether you want a messi on your team? and its definitely a yes!
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 pm

neither of them (ronaldinho and neymar) are great dribblers as messi. with tricks you can get past 1 opponent (then you need speed and close control to run),
but using messi's way you can get past 3-4. what makes messi exceptional is his acceleration and great close control while running, and he is quick enough to change direction at full speed. but messi is not just a great dribbler he is a great scorer and passer. his assist to iniesta and his last goal shows what position he plays on the pitch

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:45 pm

billionmillion wrote:neither of them (ronaldinho and neymar) are great dribblers as messi. with tricks you can get past 1 opponent (then you need speed and close control to run),
but using messi's way you can get past 3-4. what makes messi exceptional is his acceleration and great close control while running, and he is quick enough to change direction at full speed. but messi is not just a great dribbler he is a great scorer and passer. his assist to iniesta and his last goal shows what position he plays on the pitch

of course.I would dare to say hes a top 3 dribbler of all time.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Tricks are for kids, Messi doesn't need tricks, his dribbling is perfect in that regard.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm

i'd say messi has no time to do tricks as he is in harry always. Also it depends what you call a entertainment. example this scene is an entertainment for me

for others neymar's back pass is an entertainment. different people have different tastes
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:04 pm

^ Villas jumping away still gets me. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Ganso wrote:
billionmillion wrote:neither of them (ronaldinho and neymar) are great dribblers as messi. with tricks you can get past 1 opponent (then you need speed and close control to run),

of course.I would dare to say hes a top 3 dribbler of all time.
I'd agree with this statement.

Anyway, no football would not be better without Messi, I don't know where Barca would be without him or who they would have instead of him though.

I think the OP doesn't truly appreciate the things Messi does because they aren't fancy tricks and flicks, that's my guess I suppose.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
I think the OP doesn't truly appreciate the things Messi does because they aren't fancy tricks and flicks, that's my guess I suppose.

I'm the first to dislike overuse of stepovers and similar...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 pm

To OP: No he does make it more entertaining. Watching a player like Denilson makes it boring SmileSmile

And please everyone stop bringing Ronaldo into this. I'm an Arsenal fan but even i can admit Ronaldo is alot more entertaining than Messi.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2