justdoit_
windkick
Art Morte
14 posters

Go down

Spanish leagues' start delayed Empty Spanish leagues' start delayed

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:25 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14596439.stm

Players in Spain's top two divisions will strike on the first day of the season after Friday's negotiations with clubs on wage guarantees collapsed.

"Our positions are very far apart," said Professional Football League chairman Jose Luis Astiazara.
"We are concentrating now on being able to save the second day."

The Spanish league had been scheduled to start this weekend but around 200 players in the top two divisions have not been fully paid by cash-strapped clubs, some of which are in bankruptcy protection.

Rather sad.

So there won't be games tomorrow (Saturday) in Spain.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Spanish leagues' start delayed Empty Re: Spanish leagues' start delayed

Post by windkick Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Spain's economy is horrible at the moment, this is really sad and I hope that the players get paid soon
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Make TV revenue close to equitable for all clubs, you idiots.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:43 pm

That's a strong sign.

Clubs should learn to spend like they can and to not live over their capacity.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:49 pm

OLpower wrote:That's a strong sign.

Clubs should learn to spend like they can and to not live over their capacity.

and expand your revenue sources.

Atletico has signed Falcao for €40 million. How much additional revenue are they going to get!!!

Teams like Barca, Real, MU, Liverpool earn lots of money from kits sales of new/star players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm

The clubs cannot do anything about it, unlike the clubs at the EPL/Seria A/Bundesliga TV revenue isn't shared equally among the clubs. They have reached the maximum amount possible of getting alternative revenue but its not enough. I mean how can you expect them to if the lower tiered clubs only get 15~30M in tv revenue when madrid/barca get 150M.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 pm

I don't think this is about TV revenue, it's about excessive spending.
Sure more TV money would help these clubs, but it doesn't matter if your income is 10m or 100m, you still shouldn't spend more than you earn.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:35 pm

No matter how one swings it, Spanish clubs have always been terribly run and the chickens have come home to roost in a big way. Imagine you haven't gotten paid for over a year, an entire year and still have to do your job as you are under contract.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Serie A going the same road but for different reasons.

"The Players’ Association (AIC) has threatened to strike in protest at the fact the collective bargaining contract has still not been signed by the union of Serie A clubs (Lega Serie A)."
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:07 am

InterMalia wrote:Serie A going the same road but for different reasons.

"The Players’ Association (AIC) has threatened to strike in protest at the fact the collective bargaining contract has still not been signed by the union of Serie A clubs (Lega Serie A)."

It's the same reason, in spain they are also negotiating the collective bargaining agreement.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 am

H.A. wrote:The clubs cannot do anything about it, unlike the clubs at the EPL/Seria A/Bundesliga TV revenue isn't shared equally among the clubs. They have reached the maximum amount possible of getting alternative revenue but its not enough. I mean how can you expect them to if the lower tiered clubs only get 15~30M in tv revenue when madrid/barca get 150M.

"The clubs cannot do anything about it"? Sure they can, they can make sure to spend within their limits and not hire footballers who they cannot afford. So your point is that these clubs spent like they had equal TV rights and then got surprised when they didn't get the revenue? This got nothing to do about equal distribution of TV revenue. Sure these clubs which are managed in a retarded way might be able to handle their current predicament financially if they had more money. But considering how they conduct their business atm, they would probably have the same problem, but with more money involved, if they had more revenue.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:26 am

paperbackwriter wrote:
H.A. wrote:The clubs cannot do anything about it, unlike the clubs at the EPL/Seria A/Bundesliga TV revenue isn't shared equally among the clubs. They have reached the maximum amount possible of getting alternative revenue but its not enough. I mean how can you expect them to if the lower tiered clubs only get 15~30M in tv revenue when madrid/barca get 150M.

"The clubs cannot do anything about it"? Sure they can, they can make sure to spend within their limits and not hire footballers who they cannot afford. So your point is that these clubs spent like they had equal TV rights and then got surprised when they didn't get the revenue? This got nothing to do about equal distribution of TV revenue. Sure these clubs which are managed in a retarded way might be able to handle their current predicament financially if they had more money. But considering how they conduct their business atm, they would probably have the same problem, but with more money involved, if they had more revenue.

The only team which was stupid in spending was Hercules, they bought players they couldn't afford. Sure their are other but they weren't really that stupid. The current budget which you think can be enough with smart spending is not realistic for a football team competing in a top league especially with the latest recession that hit & the price inflations. Tell me what is the average budget of a lower tier team in EPL & Seria A. Now if you would compare it to that of La Liga the difference is striking. Please tell me in todays market how much does a club really need to manage its youth teams, top team, the staff and the stadium?

Even if the clubs manage to be smarter in there spendings how can they compete if there current players aren't cut to play in the first league? I can confidently say that only 10 of the 20 clubs in La Liga are top league team material. Their problem is that they don't have sufficient money to either develop or buy players. If you also go and see the newly promoted teams in La Liga [Rayo Vallecano + Granada CF] they are relegation contenders even before the league starts. The teams in Liga Adelante just wont be able to grow into contenders with the shortage of money and the monopoly of Barca and Madrid.

The current spanish teams in both la liga and adelante, bar the top 8, have reached a point where they aren't growing but shrinking. Its impossible for them to re-grow if all they're promised when they get promoted is just 5~12M when that's the average salary of a player in the top 4 teams. Its just isn't realistic or feasible to do even with extra smart spending. Oh and foreign investors won't help them if the LFP and RFEF are still run by monkeys.

I hope you get my point, the clubs may have caused that to themselves but you cannot change the past. They have reached a point where they cannot do anything about it!
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:26 am

First the NBA now this, *bleep*!!.. 2 of the 3 leagues I care about (the other being the Champions League)
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:36 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:First the NBA now this, *bleep*!!.. 2 of the 3 leagues I care about (the other being the Champions League)

Just 1.5 hours until Sunderland v Newcastle kick-off Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:48 am

Art Morte wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:First the NBA now this, *bleep*!!.. 2 of the 3 leagues I care about (the other being the Champions League)

Just 1.5 hours until Sunderland v Newcastle kick-off Thumbs up

It's 5:50 am over here, I might try and stay up but I will most likely pass out.. Never watched that derby before
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 am

It is absolutely about TV revenue.

Media contracts give you guaranteed monies over many years (5-10 at usually). It's recession-proof cash flow... and it's being horded by Barca and Madrid without much sharing.

The other clubs are forced to rely and stadium revenue and merchandising, which is hugely recession-sensitive.

That's why you are seeing these problems.

Media revenue sharing is shameful in Spanish football.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Comeone barca and madrid, SHARING IS CARING!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:40 pm

So Sunday's games are going ahead or?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Really hope this does not influence or light the fire for Italia to follow suit.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:47 pm

The strike will be over come monday. They've already resolved the issue for the most part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:47 pm

I think in Italy the issue is more about those players' rights who aren't that wanted by the management, in Spain it's just about (unpaid) wages.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:46 pm

What a shame. Last year, I missed the opening game of the season as I was abroad. This year, I would have been able to see it, but they had to strike. So I will still be abroad for this season's opening match.

I bet its all because of UNICEF. Wink
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:41 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14619255.stm

Spain's top football players could continue their strike action over unpaid wages to a second match day this weekend.

It remains unclear if the league will try to squeeze missed matches into an already packed schedule or just scrap them.

The league cannot be extended past the current end date of 13 May 2012, due to the time given over to national teams to prepare for next June's Euro 2012 tournament.

An absolute joke if those matches won't be played. Scrapping them shouldn't even be an option.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Scrap? Why not just squeeze the missed games during the winter break?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum