Albiceleste
Gil
28 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Arsene - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsene

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 am

we signed Joel Campbell last week.

From ur list, I would love to have Martinez, massive fan, but not sure if he would leave Bilbao.

We need a CAM, Shame Cazorla is gone. Wont Mind Marvin martin. We were after Lucho but Marsielle rejected our bid

today our bid for M'vila got rejected as well.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:02 am

RealGunner wrote:we signed Joel Campbell last week.

From ur list, I would love to have Martinez, massive fan, but not sure if he would leave Bilbao.

We need a CAM, Shame Cazorla is gone. Wont Mind Marvin martin. We were after Lucho but Marsielle rejected our bid

how much money Arsene offered for M'vila?

Not surprised tho, Rennes made it a point that only big money would motivate them to sell.

I wish PSG had focused more resources into signing M'vila and Martin for their new project.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 am

I fear for Arsenal.

They're almost sure to miss out on the top 4 next season, which makes Arsenal an even less attractive place to go for potential signings, which will result in another dismal season, and eventually Arsenal will sink into mid-table mediocrity, if not the relegation zone.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:05 am

I'll bet real money that none of what you just said happens next season
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Not surprised tho, Rennes made it a point that only big money would motivate them to sell.

I wish PSG had focused more resources into signing M'vila and Martin for their new project.

20m euros. Wenger really wants him. Wont be surprised if we make another bid, and maybe add someone like Sunu with it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:08 am

The market is totally picked over for CAM's thats why you see Mata going for 30 mill. IMO he is worth about half that price, he is overrated and I have seen him play a ton. Don't get me wrong, I like him but I don't think he is on the same level as the other Spanish mids.

Javi Martinez is going to leave Bilbao sooner or later and I think if someone where to throw 25-30 mill at him, Bilbao would sell. I think his game suits the EPL perfectly. He is one of the most underrated players in Europe.

Adam Johnson would really thrive playing in Arsenal's system and needs to play every week. The same with Greizzman, he would be an absolute stud in there system.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:14 am

This is all a little kneejerk: we're also in the middle of a shitstorm injury crisis and we had 2 red cards to key players.

Now, there are some positions that are in vital need of strengthening. Left back, attacking midfield and wingers.

So much criticisism has gone to our defense, but they've been the only bright spot so far. With Vermaelen back we have balls and leadership at back, Szcsesny is in God mode, Sagna being untouchable as usual and with Kos and Djourou we have decent depth. Miquel looks like a good prospect. Not mentioning Squillaci, if we get an LB we have a very tight defense. I don't know if Wenger tweaked his tactics, or Vermaelen is just that awesome but I have no complaints.

Now, our attack... Ugh. Ironically has been so, so shit. Wilshere is missing badly, because we don't have anyone linking midfield and the attack. Ramsey can pull off the "Fabregas role", but if he recieves decent service from behind, namely Wilshere, since Song can't really pass. No link to attack = VP completely alone and with our wingers off form or suspended, our attack is reduced to stutters of individual brilliance.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:19 am

RealGunner wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

20m euros. Wenger really wants him. Wont be surprised if we make another bid, and maybe add someone like Sunu with it.

Oh, good bid. I swear i was expecting to read something like 12-15M. I'm sure if you offer 25M and a youth player they will seriously think about it.

He would play ahead of Song?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:22 am

He wants to Use double DM pivot. And play Wilshere far upfront.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:27 am

I'm really surprised about the M'Vila bid. I don't see him dropping Wilshere nor Song. There's also the matter of Frimpong, and his career Very Happy

Now, if we go back to 4-3-3... would be perfect.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:27 am

Sushi Master wrote:This is all a little kneejerk: we're also in the middle of a shitstorm injury crisis and we had 2 red cards to key players.

Now, there are some positions that are in vital need of strengthening. Left back, attacking midfield and wingers.

So much criticisism has gone to our defense, but they've been the only bright spot so far. With Vermaelen back we have balls and leadership at back, Szcsesny is in God mode, Sagna being untouchable as usual and with Kos and Djourou we have decent depth. Miquel looks like a good prospect. Not mentioning Squillaci, if we get an LB we have a very tight defense. I don't know if Wenger tweaked his tactics, or Vermaelen is just that awesome but I have no complaints.

Now, our attack... Ugh. Ironically has been so, so shit. Wilshere is missing badly, because we don't have anyone linking midfield and the attack. Ramsey can pull off the "Fabregas role", but if he recieves decent service from behind, namely Wilshere, since Song can't really pass. No link to attack = VP completely alone and with our wingers off form or suspended, our attack is reduced to stutters of individual brilliance.

IMO it's not kneejerk. Red cards and injuries happen, you have to be ready. You have had a crazy mix of bad things happen at once, but I didn't think you looked any better at Newcastle or at the end of the pre season when some of those players did play.

Once you bring players in the problem is not fixed, they still have to adapt to the league/system and this is why Wenger should have done it earlier. You are now losing points and will continue to until all your purchases and main players get on the same page and who knows when that will be.

Liverpool, Man United, City, went and bought players early and were ready for the season when it started, they overpaid a bit but are not experimenting during the season.

Even a fully fit Arsenal team with all of it's purchases done early in the market is in a war to make the Champions league this year, they cannot afford to lose points like they are doing now, the points all count the same in the early months and in the later months, and right now they are digging themselves a massive hole.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:31 am

RealGunner wrote:He wants to Use double DM pivot. And play Wilshere far upfront.

scratch

this sounds very un-wenger like. double pivot with two DMs? no real attacking fullbacks, your football would become very boring, Domenech-france like

scratch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:47 pm

song is a vieira wannabe, not a dm... he spends 50 minutes every game loitering around the opposition penalty area...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:05 pm

There were several Arsenal at the Lyon game last night... i would not be surprised if a move were made for Ally Sissoko this week.

If Wenger is smart... and he is... he'll also sign Martin.

Martin and Sissoko take care of a lot of the problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 pm

It pisses me off to absolutely no end that we telling City to include Johnson in the Nasri deal . Honestly.

I would even take 5 million plus Johnson. Butt noooooooooo~

Ugh, for all of Wenger's intelligence, I think this is completely senile.

I think , given the chance , he will be a world class winger.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5