Swanhends
Albiceleste
Gil
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsene - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsene

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:38 pm

free_cat wrote:I'm watching Qpr vs Everton right now... why does Arsenal need Cahill? To head the ball?
lol... wrong cahill

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
free_cat wrote:I'm watching Qpr vs Everton right now... why does Arsenal need Cahill? To head the ball?
lol... wrong cahill

Aaaah, hahah! My bad, as everyone was mentioning midfields I assumed it was Tim Cahill. Is the other Cahill any good?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:43 pm

well from what i know he is a hybrid defender. Plays like a typical english no non sense defender in the penalty box, but outside of it, he is a ball playing cb. And he is a giant of a man
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:A team that has lost this talisman and captain, that has clearly fukedoff to an easier setting should be going into each game thinking.... "fuk you cesc, you are going to regret this".... but not us:(.

Arsene - Page 4 Tumblr_lidkqm2CR81qahgca

anyway, i'm glad a club that's more frustrating to support than valencia finally exists...

if wenger doesn't make a big signing this summer he's clearly lost his mind, and don't give me the "it's too late" bullshit, who's fault is it that arsenal didn't cut ties with fabregas and nasri early in the summer and didn't have 3 months for any transfer negotiations using the ton of money they could have got for those two?

if he still wants to stick with the "growing players" pipedream then go right ahead, and good luck fighting for fourth spot... then again it seems there are two ways to legitimately challenge for a premier league title... either become a toy for someone who's grown tired of buying yachts and private islands or completely disregard your finances and arsenal are doing neither... as i said back on lithium, they'll need a sugar daddy to be competitive in a few years... i'm not gonna say that i'm being proven right yet, but if arsenal don't make direct cl qualification again i'll be on the correct course...

Last edited by che on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Alsteinenburg Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:47 pm

free_cat wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
lol... wrong cahill

Aaaah, hahah! My bad, as everyone was mentioning midfields I assumed it was Tim Cahill. Is the other Cahill any good?

Cat, below was his goal last week against QPR. Not bad for a central defender.

http://soccer-portal.org/goal-of-the-day/7015-gary-cahill-goal-v-qpr.html
Alsteinenburg
Alsteinenburg
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:48 pm

There's a black cloud hanging over Arsenal the same way there was at Liverpool before they got rid of H&G and made all those signings (Same at Juve)

They need something to give them some hope/excitement/confidence so they can turn it around

Once you start slipping and the morale drops its far easier to sink than swim
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:50 pm

che wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:A team that has lost this talisman and captain, that has clearly fukedoff to an easier setting should be going into each game thinking.... "fuk you cesc, you are going to regret this".... but not us:(.

Arsene - Page 4 Tumblr_lidkqm2CR81qahgca

anyway, i'm glad a club that's more frustrating to support than valencia finally exists...

if wenger doesn't make a big signing this summer he's clearly lost his mind, and don't give me the "it's too late" bullshit, who's fault is it that arsenal didn't cut ties with fabregas and nasri early in the summer and didn't have 3 months for any transfer negotiations using the ton of money he could have got for those two?

if he still wants to stick with the "growing players" pipedream then go right ahead, and good luck fighting for fourth spot... then again it seems there are two ways to legitimately challenge for a premier league title... either become a toy for someone who's grown tired of buying yachts and private islands or completely disregard your finances and arsenal are doing neither... as i said back on lithium, they'll need a sugar daddy to be competitive in a few years... i'm not gonna say that i'm being proven right yet, but if arsenal don't make direct cl qualification again i'll be on the correct course...

captaining a team in a league where you are fighting to not only win the title , but constantly worrying about someone over taking you is lot harder than being is the best team in the world. Spot for Cesc is guaranteed as xavi declines is imminent.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:51 pm

On another note...This is the perfect chance for Udine!! GET INNNN
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:53 pm

bhends wrote:There's a black cloud hanging over Arsenal the same way there was at Liverpool before they got rid of H&G and made all those signings (Same at Juve)

They need something to give them some hope/excitement/confidence so they can turn it around

Once you start slipping and the morale drops its far easier to sink than swim

juve and liverpool were poorly managed, our situation is lot more frustrating... we are over managed. The team is seen as a business venture, to the point where the board is refusing to do anything that is not conservative.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:00 pm

che wrote:
if wenger doesn't make a big signing this summer he's clearly lost his mind, and don't give me the "it's too late" bullshit, who's fault is it that arsenal didn't cut ties with fabregas and nasri early in the summer and didn't have 3 months for any transfer negotiations using the ton of money they could have got for those two?

we would have cut ties with both had we not been ripped off by barca.......and we still were ripped off in the end........and Wenger is either trying to get atleast 20mil for nasri or making him stay
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm

imalegend wrote:Wenger is either trying to get atleast 20mil for nasri or making him stay

yeah, brilliant policy with a player who doesn't want to extend his contract...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Less than 50% possession at the Emirates, and copt an Arsenal-esque goal for Suarez' second. Really not looking good. Sad

Need to get your shit together fast, before Spurs go ahead. ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Did I not predict arsenal being poor this year? All the arsenal fans tried to argue otherwise, but you need to spend money to be the best..... there's no 2 ways around it.
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:22 pm

I don't think any Arsenal fan will say otherwise.

The point is all the player's we've sold have not gotten replacements yet! And we haven't strengthened much, just a bunch of currently useless kids.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:27 pm

TheBlueArmy wrote:Did I not predict arsenal being poor this year? All the arsenal fans tried to argue otherwise, but you need to spend money to be the best..... there's no 2 ways around it.

Ajax's history?
A.C last year?
LFC before the team died with Roy?
Arsenal before the drought?
Barca? I know they've spent a lot, but 3/4 of their team are youth products and half the players they bought didn't even make the bench after a year.

It's about passion/pride... something Arsenal lack atm as most of their squad is relatively young.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:33 pm

ynwa wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:Did I not predict arsenal being poor this year? All the arsenal fans tried to argue otherwise, but you need to spend money to be the best..... there's no 2 ways around it.

Ajax's history?
A.C last year?
LFC before the team died with Roy?
Arsenal before the drought?
Barca? I know they've spent a lot, but 3/4 of their team are youth products and half the players they bought didn't even make the bench after a year.

It's about passion/pride... something Arsenal lack atm as most of their squad is relatively young.

you mean the team that died from benitez?

In modern football, you need to spend. I'm not saying just spending and no youth development, but you have to spend. of course there will be certain teams that shock the big clubs, but if you don't spend money, you have a poor chance of being successful in modern football times
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:34 pm

No, I mean the team that died after Roy.

I'm not getting into this argument though. I really can't be bothered.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Arsene - Page 4 121532848
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Arsene is living some difficult times: no team success in a long while, the players he thought would be the heart of Arsenal are turning their back on him, already losing to a close rival... tough
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Real madrid's squad is just as young.. yet are we doing as bad as arsenal?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 pm

your team cost like a billion lol
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:52 pm

ARSENE NEEDS TO GO...TO PSG
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:00 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Real madrid's squad is just as young.. yet are we doing as bad as arsenal?

highly doubt it. Plus our squad cost less then what u paid for kaka alone
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 am

jibers wrote:ARSENE NEEDS TO GO...TO PSG

no, he just needs to change some of his ways.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 am

I said the same thing in the Falcao to Atletico thread. They overpaid for him, but it shows intent and they got there man.

Arsenal needs to do the same if they have to pay a little more which they will because they have f'd up the this transfer market so bad and everyone knows they need to buy, then they should. In the long run an extra 5 mill for a player is nothing if he works out.

Also if they are getting 20-25 mill for Nasri in the last year of his deal they should take it in a heart beat. That is stealing money, he is sooo overrated (I've been saying that for months). I would like to see Wenger play hardball and get Adam Johnson, Kolorov or SWP back in the deal though.

I am very surprised they have not been linked with Antoine Griezmann, he is fantastic and French and pretty cheap.

I also think they should have tried for Cazorla as well as I think he is better then Mata and cheaper. Javi Martinez would be a great buy as well as he is young but you might have to pay a good amount for him.

If it were me, I would have done the following at the start of the window, and not have bought Chamberlain.

Cazorla- 22 mill
Griezmann10 mill
Javi Martinez-25 mill
Joel Campbell (REALLY like him)(Not sure what paid)
Kolorov back in the Nasri deal-12 mill

That is my solution, I probably rate some of these players higher then most but remember you have to sign players that would go to Arsenal. Also, I've seen a lot of Joel Campbell in the states and he is a gem. Arsenal got a steal there.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 am

we signed Joel Campbell last week.

From ur list, I would love to have Martinez, massive fan, but not sure if he would leave Bilbao.

We need a CAM, Shame Cazorla is gone. Wont Mind Marvin martin. We were after Lucho but Marsielle rejected our bid

today our bid for M'vila got rejected as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next