Jack Daniels
EarlyPrototype
Doc
I-no
Mr Nick09
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Honest Question to Ask You... - Page 2 Empty Re: Honest Question to Ask You...

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Zealous wrote:I honestly believe there is more than enough room for both. Higuain understand that competition is always something you have to deal with.

It's Benzema's attitude towards competition I have doubts about.
what aspect of his attitude because if he didnt want to compete he wouldnt have gotten himself out of the gutter he was in just 8 months ago.

now if you mean that he might wanna leave if he gets beaten i hope it doesnt role that way, we will see how things pan out this season but i think there is room for both.

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Remember he only got the starting spot because Higuain got injured when both were on the same playing field this was what Benzema looked like the whole time:

Honest Question to Ask You... - Page 2 Karim-Benzema

There were rumours of him wanting to leave during that time as well.

My doubts about his attitude are based 100% on fact. The amount of baby sitting Karim has received has been unbelievable if you ask me. He's the president's boy though so meh I guess.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Zealous wrote:Remember he only got the starting spot because Higuain got injured when both were on the same playing field this was what Benzema looked like the whole time:

My doubts about his attitude are based 100% on fact. The amount of baby sitting Karim has received has been unbelievable if you ask me. He's the president's boy though so meh I guess.

He wasn't playing... What do you expect him to do, jump for joy? If he wasn't upset and angry, I would have worried more.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:19 pm

we are jumping into assumptions here, i just want to see them play and stay if that doesnt happen then i atleast hope that it unravels in a healthy way for all parties.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Zealous wrote:Remember he only got the starting spot because Higuain got injured when both were on the same playing field this was what Benzema looked like the whole time:

benz still looks like that lol, wut are u talking about?
Attitude shud be the last problem benz has atm. now it is just consistency. though he is making progress, he isnt progressing as fast as i wud have like it be.

now for the topic... We can keep both. it has worked before, can still work now. Higuain is absolutely required for us. Benz needs competition so that he can better himself and i cannot anyone who can provide that more than Higuain. We must have two Elite Strikers and Benz and Pipa are the answer. besides, wut the point in selling one of them if we are gonna buy a replacement who probably is inferior to both players? makes no sense to me.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 pm

He wasn't playing... but he wasn't working in training either. Then he had the gal to consider leaving as if we were mistreating him.

He expected to be handed a starting spot. That much was obvious. Whether he finally understood that you play when you work hard in training is still a doubt I have about him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Zealous wrote:He wasn't playing... but he wasn't working in training either. Then he had the gal to consider leaving as if we were mistreating him.

He expected to be handed a starting spot. That much was obvious. Whether he finally understood that you play when you work hard in training is still a doubt I have about him.

To be fair Zealous, all we had back then were reports about how he wanted to leave, all he ever said is that he wanted to succeed here.

i am sure if Higgy says that he loves madrid, you will have an erection.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Zealous wrote:He wasn't playing... but he wasn't working in training either. Then he had the gal to consider leaving as if we were mistreating him.

Career always >>>>>> club. If it wasn't working out for him for whatever reason and he had opportunities elsewhere, he would be stupid not to look at them.

Let me ask you... If you were passed up for promotion at your job for over a year and you had the opportunity to take the bigger job at another company, would you pass it up?

This is the kid's career and the prime years of a footballer are very short (5-7 years). As a player, you can't afford to hang around and hope for the best for too long if your ambitions aren't met.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm

I have an erection right now though so that doesn't mean very much.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Career always >>>>>> club. If it wasn't working out for him for whatever reason and he had opportunities elsewhere, he would be stupid not to look at them.

Let me ask you... If you were passed up for promotion at your job for over a year and you had the opportunity to take the bigger job at another company, would you pass it up?

This is the kid's career and the prime years of a footballer are very short (5-7 years). As a player, you can't afford to hang around and hope for the best for too long if your ambitions aren't met.

Anelka said the exact same thing when he was here and FYI your analogy totally collapsed when you said the "bigger job" to me there isn't a bigger job IMO. I'm biased obviously but that's what it takes to impress me. Benzema's career is hardly anything I care about if it isn't at Real Madrid.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:

offtopic but Benzema wud destroy his career at arsenal lol, more a demotion than a promotion bounce bounce bounce :coffee:

/trollface

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Zealous wrote:I have an erection right now though so that doesn't mean very much.

lol, i hope you key board is at safe distance at least Razz

you are biased Very Happy, simple as that. If Benzema says he loves the club, you will take it with a pinch of salt, understandably. If Higgy says the same, Honest Question to Ask You... - Page 2 Must-not-fap

anyway, I didnt want this thread to turn into another flame fest Very Happy

back on topic guys
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:43 pm

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Anelka said the exact same thing when he was here and FYI your analogy totally collapsed when said the "bigger job" there isn't a bigger job IMO. I'm biased obviously but that's what it takes to impress me. Benzema's career is hardly anything I care about if it isn't at Real Madrid.

That's hardly rational dude and you're judgin his character because he doesn't use the same frame of reference in making decisions as you... Basically, you want unconditional loyalty. Raul didn't even have that and he came through the Madrid system. Neither did Sarabia or he would still be at Castilla.

Benz' ambition is not to rot on the bench at Madrid. He has personal goals he wants to achieve and he would have gotten dropped from the France Nt. He had no choice but to look for outside options.

Btw, if Higuain is rotting on the bench and his Argentina NT spot was in jeopardy, he would look elsewhere too... And very rightly so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Meh, you guys know my stance on this subject Razz

It'll take a lot at this point to convince me otherwise and I appreciate that I'm biased but I'm biased for a reason.

Like I said before I think there is a lot of room for both.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:09 pm

we wont sell them as long as mourinho knows how to handle the sitauation and make them both happy. im sure he wants to keep both.

as he said theyare intransferable
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Benz-----Ronaldo-----Higuain

Benz----Higuain------Ronaldo

Ronaldo----Benz------Higuain

why not. Benz is better then CR as left striker, he can be the goto guy, ronaldo can be the scary target man, higuain can be the shadow striker. All three exchange positions to their favourite place from time to time.

We can make it as easy as this. and it will work 10000% percent.

The rule should be, that if anyone of them doesnt help in defence and is a pussy (what ever that means lol), then he should be shown the famous white door.

As easy as that.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Nick, just catching up with this thread.

I don't think anything will happen this year.

Mou is going with only 20 players and that includes both Benz and Higgy. (20 excludes Kaka (seems like those quotes a few weeks ago when we couldn't understand the # were right since he repeated today, number is 20, note it gets inflated to 24 until Leon, Gago, Lass and Drenthe are dealt with).

I believe they are both vital to the club for this year even after Neymar comes.

Re next year, sure it's a possibility but that depends on quite a few things;

1) has Higgy regained his form
2) your assuming that Mou will have starter / sub, but what if he goes to a true rotation with the 2 once Higgy is back to form.
3) Is Morate ready to take 2nd striker spot, if not who do we get for that riole.
4) and of course it will depend on how well the eason went and what value to it, did Benz and Higgy make.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Nick, sportsczy made a very good point about fitness issues in 60-70 games per year.
He forgot to add that our forwards have to do a lot of cover job and backtracking in defence. The job is very hard and wears down the striker over time Very Happy I'm more than sure that all of our attacking will get substantional playing time. Even if Higgy plays 1/3 of all the 60-70 for RM and Argentine, it would be more than enough. Count form and unforseen injury issues in and we might even need Morata to step in at some point Very Happy
Higgy is going nowhere, even if he isn't automatic starter in big games. I'm with zealous on it, his attitude is different Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 am

For big games, i think benz is equally effective as higuain as ronaldo. In other words, Benz = Pipa = CR7 > Ozil > Dimaria against all big teams including barca.

Let me tell u this though.

If we decide to play Trio of Ronaldo (CF), Benz (LF), Higuain (RF) and they play together and build a real chemistry with creating space, scoring and destroying defences. Then this trio will be more exiting, more effective then barca's trio.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:34 am

SuperMAG wrote:Benz-----Ronaldo-----Higuain

Benz----Higuain------Ronaldo

Ronaldo----Benz------Higuain

why not. Benz is better then CR as left striker, he can be the goto guy, ronaldo can be the scary target man, higuain can be the shadow striker. All three exchange positions to their favourite place from time to time.

We can make it as easy as this. and it will work 10000% percent.

The rule should be, that if anyone of them doesnt help in defence and is a pussy (what ever that means lol), then he should be shown the famous white door.

As easy as that.

Wut a very interesting post..... Havent seen u around before. my memory is bad, were u in the old forums as well?

benz shud be the cf whilst cr7 and pipa be the L/R strikers in a 4-3-1-2. ur idea isnt bad at all though. interesting...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:19 am

He has used that formation often last season when we needed a goal in the 2nd half, unfortunately with the way Mou plans I don't he'll ever start with that formation.

He likes to have good options in the bench as we all know. Personally I don't mind it, it will make our attack lethal and it would end the Benz/Higgs cold war happening in here Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 am

all higuain needs is confidence and form

knowing how much heart he puts into his game and how high his determination is I see him regaining his starting position sooner than later
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 am

Excuse me if i'm bumping up this thread. Nick's thread at General Section has been closed to due trolling.

It's difficult, on one side there is a guy we are all emotionally attached to, but he isnt on the first plan anymore. And on the other, there is a guy that worked his asses off to stick around, didnt give up despite all the criticism, and is looking like he can offer an even wider range of skills in attack for us, and be a more complete forward. Choosing between heart and performance. painful one way or another, as im sure, benzema can just as much grow on us.

Nick that part made me think that you want Higuain out of our club. it's true that atm Higuain isn't on Mourinho's plan but we can't predict the future. if he manages to recover or Benzema gets injured suddenly, he can take his spot back again. since a CF's job is to score, i can see Mourinho would prefer a poacher for this position. a fully recovered Higuain can score more goals than Benzema.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:02 am

yh some scrubs trolled my thread.

I dont want higuain out, i just dont believe in two top strikers vying for a single striking position. The star CF of Argentina and the star CF of france cant be sharing roles at Real Madrid, long term i dont think it will happen.

Benzema just happens to be 1st choice now, a year ago, with Higuain still being 1st choice, he would have left. Now roles are reversed.

Mourinho's system as evolved a lot. Our CF now does a lot more than just staying up top and finishing. He is involved in the passing, the build up, creating spaces, defending etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:yh some scrubs trolled my thread.

I dont want higuain out, i just dont believe in two top strikers vying for a single striking position. The star CF of Argentina and the star CF of france cant be sharing roles at Real Madrid, long term i dont think it will happen.

Benzema just happens to be 1st choice now, a year ago, with Higuain still being 1st choice, he would have left. Now roles are reversed.

Mourinho's system as evolved a lot. Our CF now does a lot more than just staying up top and finishing. He is involved in the passing, the build up, creating spaces, defending etc...

Wrong thread i fail Sad

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:01 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:yh some scrubs trolled my thread.

Well we can't use them at the same time but you need to consider how many matches Real Madrid play in a single season. nearly 60 matches in a season. we need more than 1 WC player for every position. that's why i see no problem with having them for long term.

About the change of Mou's method, actually Mou was forced to change his tactics because when Higuain got injured we didn't have any poacher to play at this position. what i've seen from the Mou's past managerial experience proves that he always prefered a poacher for CF position.

At Chelsea it was Drogba and at Inter it was Milito. not sure if he stays by his method in Real Madrid though.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum