United's new generation

2 posters

Go down

United's new generation Empty United's new generation

Post by teamanarchy Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:16 pm

With no Spanish football, I've had quite a little to think about in regards to madrid... So I felt like writing (non-academic FFS!), and United are a big talking point in my eyes.
So, at the end of last season, we waved goodbye to legends Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Edwin Van Der Sar. Also, Owen Hargreaves (deadweight) was released. It also means that Ryan Giggs is the very last remaining star from the legendary class of '92.
Ferguson brought in a few new names, and for the most part, we have a very young united squad. Far younger than it's been in a while...
With youngsters like Welbeck, Cleverly, and Jones impressing against Tottenham, it seems that United are ushering in a new generation of stars. In my opinion, there is no team looking more like they will be winning the PL this year. Not only does the squad possess youth with potential to grow, but it also has a strong blend of established, experienced players who are no joke. Players like Rooney, Berbatov, Young Nani, the Da Silva twins, who are also still young, Gibson, Carrick, Vidic, Ferdinand and even a somewhat rejuvinated Anderson.
I think it goes without saying that Fergie won't be around long enough to see some of the youngsters reach full-throttle, but one might saay that he is building strong foundations.... and who knows, maybe when a new manager is brought in the opposition may be surprised because they won't know what to expect.

The future looks rather bright for united and I can't help but think that another treble may be on the way in a couple of seasons.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

United's new generation Empty Re: United's new generation

Post by RED Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 am

It really is just exciting times at United right now.. as a fan, I am so buzzing watching this young exciting group of players.

Watching the way they decimated City in the 2nd half, the resilience they showed v WBA and the way they tore up Spurs in the 2nd half, makes me so relieved and happy in the thought that the future is bright. Especially in defence....United have some potential world class defenders in the making. None more so than Jones who was incredible v Spurs.

You could be right in that SAF may not see these group of players continue at the club till their 30's(hopefully they'll stay with United for the rest of their careers) and that indeed I believe this is SAF's last rebuilding of a squad before his retirement.

Like he recently said, he is building the foundation and strengths of a team not just for now, but for the future too.

What we saw v Spurs was a bunch of youngsters playing them off the park....and the exciting thing is, they will all get much better. Great times ahead.

Oh...and one last thing, these youngsters will have the occasionally bad game, it is natural. I hope we don't get too hard on them and that we instead give them a chance. Consistency is all part of their development.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:05 am

It goes without saying there will be some youngsters who may actually not get much better. And some will seem terrible but may eventually turn out great... I mean, look at Karim Benzema during his time at Madrid.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: