free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Montoya called up for Spain Empty Re: Montoya called up for Spain

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Wow... you know we must be good when our B team players are getting called up for Spain!

Montoya is quality... not sure why you don't see it yet Free. Surprising that he gets the call though. I'd say he's top 10 fullback in Spain, but there are a few who could be there instead of him.

Ramos, Arbeloa, Jose Enrique, Iraola, Monreal and maybe Azpilicueta and Gamez are better than him... but thats it!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:21 pm

I think he is quality; I just think it will be a big downgrade to go from Alves to Montoya eventually. Perhaps we can find someone better, when time comes.

Bruno Saltor is also quite a good FB. (Valencia).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Montoya is still 20 fffsss!! u can't compare him to Alves now!!

He will improve & become as gd if not better than Alves Twisted Evil

MOntOyaaaaaaaaaaaaa Very Happy

------------------------

Spain squad to face Chile and Liechtenstein on September 2nd and 6th respectively is as follows:

10 La Masia Players!!!
Puyol & Pique Out!

Full Squad!

`Goalkeepers: Casillas, Reina, Valdés.

`Defenders: Albiol, Arbeloa, Botía, Domínguez, Montoya, Ramos.

`Midfielders: X. Alonso, Busquets, Cazorla, Iniesta, Thiago, Xavi, Javi Martinez, Fabregas, Silva

`Attackers: Llorente, Torres, Pedro, Negredo, Mata, David Villa.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 pm

^^^

lol... the pessimist and the blind optimist.

@Free: I agree he'll never be as good as Alves, but I think thats like saying Thiago will never be as good as Xavi. There will come a time when we'll have to say goodbye to these great players and accept a downgrade in quality. Even if we bought the best RB on the market, they wouldn't fill the void left by Alves. Montoya is a good player though, and I can see him being as good as other right backs at Barcelona (Zambrotta, Belletti, Reiziger) if not better. He understands the philosophy well too, which is a valuable advantage.

Montoya won't be as good as Alves, but it doesn't mean he won't be a good enough player.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:24 pm

I don't know why some are surprised!!
Yes, i didn't expect him to be called now.. but since Puyol & Pique are injured.. Ramos has to play as a CB!
Its normal that Del Bosque, will look on Youth Team to prepare them for future.. Montoya started all matches with Spain-21 (euro u-21) & was great..

---------------------------------

Montoya picked for Spain by Del Bosque

20 year old Barça B full back Martín Montoya has been selected by Vicente del Bosque in the squad for the forthcoming Spain matches. As many as nine Barça players have been picked.

FC Barcelona is once against the club providing most of the players to Del Bosque, who on Thursday named the 24 players he’ll be using for the friendly against Chile and the Euro 2012 qualifier against Liechtenstein. There are nine Barça players on the list: Valdés, Montoya, Busquets, Xavi, Thiago, Cesc, Iniesta, Pedro and Villa. Puyol and Piqué, who also usually feature in Spanish squads are both out through injury.

Six under 21 champions

Martín Montoya is one of the six players who win the European Under 21 Championship. Another is Barça youth product Alberto Botía, who is now at Sporting Gijón. It is incredible to see how many players from La Masia are making it through to international level. “We are interested in looking at the new lads that have already shown their class in the youth teams”, said Del Bosque.

Four picked for Under 21

Luis Milla also named his squad for the Under 21 matches, and FC Barcelona will be supplying Bartra, Planas, Tello and Sergi Roberto, the latter of whom has just renewed his contract with the club until 2015

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/08/25/n110825118913.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:01 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:^^^

lol... the pessimist and the blind optimist.

@Free: I agree he'll never be as good as Alves, but I think thats like saying Thiago will never be as good as Xavi. There will come a time when we'll have to say goodbye to these great players and accept a downgrade in quality. Even if we bought the best RB on the market, they wouldn't fill the void left by Alves. Montoya is a good player though, and I can see him being as good as other right backs at Barcelona (Zambrotta, Belletti, Reiziger) if not better. He understands the philosophy well too, which is a valuable advantage.

Montoya won't be as good as Alves, but it doesn't mean he won't be a good enough player.

Yeah, well, that's my point, I don't think Montoya can provide half of what Alves gives in attack. Yeah, he is young and can improve, but he lacks some technique, and players don't usually improve drastically his technique when over 20. But perhaps he'll surprise me. I agree that he can become a Reiziger perhaps. We'll have to wait and see. At least he is not a defensive hole like Dalmau and Bartra.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Montoya vs Arbeloa???

Discuss!!!
ChollaVille
ChollaVille