Last 14 EPL games...

+2
KMD
since1996
6 posters

Go down

Last 14 EPL games... Empty Last 14 EPL games...

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:34 am

Arsenal has only managed 13 points.

Talent is a problem... But there's a lot more to it than that. I don't think the core of the team have the mentality to win. No mental toughness.

Back to top Go down

Last 14 EPL games... Empty Re: Last 14 EPL games...

Post by since1996 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:43 am

that team had fabregas written all over it. this team is a brand new chapter in arsenal history. lets not talk abt last season as we collapsed due to known and unknown circumstances. we can only talk abt ths season and say we managed a point from our last 3 matches. the red cards shows that the players are willinig to go down for arsenal and thats the winning mentality thats growing. remember the udinese game. that was winners mentality at its best. especially the 1st game. its just unfortunate we lost to a resurgent liverpool team coz we wer 10 men and to man u bcoz we had no options on the bench. bt besides that, ths team is highly motivated and they have belief
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:05 pm

The thing with Udiness though is that they sold everyone from last year's team... only star remaining from that side is Di Natale. So we won't know how good they really are until Serie A starts. But you should know that they're predicted to be a middle or lower 1/3 team in that league this year.

The two known quantities were Liverpool and Man U... and those were both fails. This team has massive holes in talent. But there's also a big mentality problem imo, especially from the defenders. Just too many soft goals allowed. For example, on the Rooney FKs, someone needs to sprint towards the kick as soon as the ball is played. But yday, the wall just stayed pretty much static despite the interplay for the FKs. That was very surprising to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:05 pm

lol the rooney fk, the wall didn't jump..... only if then there would be no goals....

KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 pm

KMD wrote:lol the rooney fk, the wall didn't jump..... only if then there would be no goals....

the players didn't want to risk jjumping i think Razz, cuz if rooney shot the free kick on the groun ( and the wall jumped ) and the shot is on target its deff gonna be a goal
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:26 pm

KMD wrote:lol the rooney fk, the wall didn't jump..... only if then there would be no goals....

I was so mad at that, WTF they didn't jump at all.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:58 pm

HscouserZ wrote:

the players didn't want to risk jjumping i think Razz, cuz if rooney shot the free kick on the groun ( and the wall jumped ) and the shot is on target its deff gonna be a goal

ye, that's what I thought, but the ball was right above RVPs head all he needed to do is stand on his tippi toes then the ground shot wouldn't pass
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 pm

KMD wrote:
HscouserZ wrote:

ye, that's what I thought, but the ball was right above RVPs head all he needed to do is stand on his tippi toes then the ground shot wouldn't pass

true ...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:57 pm

The defense has been a wall up to that game, IMO. But that just shows how important Vermaelen's leadership and balls out attitude is. Also, the God known as Sagna.

Of course, starting with crap such as Traore and unproven Jenkinson is a recipe for disaster. Nevermind our lightweight midfield. While Coquelin did a decent job covering up, he's not the sort of player to control the game and actually dominate the midfield (our biggest problem) as do Song or Wilshere.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:45 pm

It looks like Bordeaux when they totally collapsed.

They were leading the league by 8 points at winter break and were note even in the Europa league after a disastrous end of season. They lost the in a cup final too.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum