Sri
Sushi Master
Ali
Jamin
Jay29
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos Empty Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos Gun__1314716417_park01

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-to-sign-striker-chu-young-park

Arsenal Football Club can confirm they have agreed to sign striker Chu Young Park from AS Monaco.

The 26-year-old South Korea captain scored 25 times in 91 appearances for the French club during three seasons in Ligue 1.

The one-time Asian Young Footballer of the Year made his debut for the South Korea senior side at just 19, and played in both the 2006 and 2010 World Cups. He replaced the retired Ji Sung Park as captain of the national team earlier this year.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted to have signed Chu. He will add true quality to our attacking forces and will be a valuable addition to the squad.”

Chu Young Park said: "I am very honoured and I feel very happy to be at Arsenal. It is a dream to be here and I am really proud to be an Arsenal player. Now I just want to show how good I am and prove myself.

"In my opinion this is a great club, now I have to show what I can do on the pitch. I will do my best, I will never give up, I will show heart, I will give everything and I hope [the fans] will support me."

The deal is subject to the completion of formal registration processes.

Chu Young Park will wear the No 9 shirt at Arsenal. The striker prefers to be known as 'Ju' and will therefore have J. Y. Park as his shirt name.

------------------------------------------

Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos Gun__1314799048_santos4

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/santos-confirmed-as-an-arsenal-player

Arsenal Football Club can confirm the signing of Brazilian defender Andre Santos on a long-term contract.

The 28-year-old international joins the Gunners from Super Lig champions Fenerbahce, for whom he has played since 2009. Santos supplanted Roberto Carlos as the team’s first-choice left-back in his first season in Turkey and went on to make 52 league appearances, scoring 10 times.

Sao Paulo born Santos’ career also includes a campaign with Brazilian giants Corinthians and a three-year spell with Figueirense, from where he took in loans with Flamengo and Atletico Miniero.

He received his first senior cap for Brazil in the 2009 Confederations Cup, helping them to victory in the tournament, and has so far represented his country on 22 occasions.

Arsène Wenger said: “Santos is a quality player, with the ability to both defend well and get forward and help with attacks. He has experience in the Champions League and for Brazil and has proven he can deliver at the highest level. We welcome Santos to the Club and look forward to him having a big impact for us.”

Upon completing his move, Santos said: "I am delighted to have signed for Arsenal. It was one of my dreams to play for a major European football club and I have accomplished this. I am very happy to be part of this team. All the Brazilians who came to this club spoke wonders about it and I am delighted to be part of the Arsenal family."

Andre Santos will wear the No 11 at Arsenal and will have A.Santos on the back of his shirt.

------------------------------------

Somebody asked why he had J.Y. Park on the back of his shirt at Monaco. Well, now we know. Very Happy

The fee is £3,000,000 rising to £5,000,000 based on various clauses.

So that's one down, more to come.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos

Post by Jamin Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

welcome Ju
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:24 pm

To save space, I'm going to update this thread when Santos and Mertesacker sign.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 pm

WOOHOO
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Whooo!

At first I was spectical but after doing some research I've grown to like to guy. Would love to see him in action soon.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Chu Young Park said: "I am very honoured and I feel very happy to be at Arsenal. It is a dream to be here and I am really proud to be an Arsenal player. Now I just want to show how good I am and prove myself.

"In my opinion this is a great club, now I have to show what I can do on the pitch. I will do my best, I will never give up, I will show heart, I will give everything and I hope [the fans] will support me."
-----

Whats with every player we sign calling it a "dream move". I recall Na$ri saying that. Then the dreams change? :/

Okay pessimism apart. I love the second part. (red) Thats what I expect from any south asaian player. If he can do that, we have our own Park, a better one.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:39 pm

"As he should come back to his native Korea later in 2013 for military duties, this could be his last contract in Europe.

... what?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Whats with every player we sign calling it a "dream move". I recall Na$ri saying that. Then the dreams change? :/

It is a dream move for most players. I mean, going from Korean football, to a pretty average French team to Arsenal. Even with our current state of affairs, Arsenal as a club eclipses the clubs Ju has played for.

Players probably have several dream moves. The dream isn't necessarily to play for this one club, but to move to a club of our stature.

ali8775 wrote:"As he should come back to his native Korea later in 2013 for military duties, this could be his last contract in Europe.

... what?

He can be excused from duty if he does well. The Korean national team in 2002 were excused - this included Park Ji-Sung.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

It is a dream move for most players. I mean, going from Korean football, to a pretty average French team to Arsenal. Even with our current state of affairs, Arsenal as a club eclipses the clubs Ju has played for.

Players probably have several dream moves. The dream isn't necessarily to play for this one club, but to move to a club of our stature.

ali8775 wrote:"As he should come back to his native Korea later in 2013 for military duties, this could be his last contract in Europe.

... what?

He can be excused from duty if he does well. The Korean national team in 2002 were excused - this included Park Ji-Sung.

yeah...with our luck, sure. Rolling Eyes
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:46 pm

... what?
Yeah we can throw some money and take care of it. Anyway, Afobe is going to be first team in 2 years, as is Vela. So chill out. Park is a squaddie plus ACoN signing anyway.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Werder Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs: "Per wanted to play for a big European club. Arsenal was always his favourite club."

CONFIRMED I SAY!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Mertesacker is just a matter of time. André Santos has been given a work permit and should be announced shortly as well.

Could have three signings in one day. Don't think this has ever happened at Arsenal before.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:53 pm

srigooner wrote:

... what?
Yeah we can throw some money and take care of it. Anyway, Afobe is going to be first team in 2 years, as is Vela. So chill out. Park is a squaddie plus ACoN signing anyway.

Afobe will play in January due to injuries : / LOL
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Welcome.. We have our own Park... And if the other signings too happen.. Its a grand summer...
And our season starts only against Swansea...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Any rumors on that big midfield signing? I know we want Gotze, but it just seems too good to be true.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:09 pm

here a little background info on Park by Soccernet....according to them he will have to go on Duty.......

"It will be tempered by Park's military duty, a small shadow over the signing that will only grow as his time to return home in 2013 to serve for two years gets closer. Signing for Arsenal won't change that. The only thing that will is a medal in next summer's Olympics. Just as the 2002 team earned exemption for their semi-final heroics, the same could happen in London. Assuming Korea qualify, Park is almost certain to be one of the three over-age players, his last chance to miss the call-up."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/950445/ambitious-park-chu-young-races-towards-arsenal-?cc=5901
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm

imalegend wrote:here a little background info on Park by Soccernet....according to them he will have to go on Duty.......

"It will be tempered by Park's military duty, a small shadow over the signing that will only grow as his time to return home in 2013 to serve for two years gets closer. Signing for Arsenal won't change that. The only thing that will is a medal in next summer's Olympics. Just as the 2002 team earned exemption for their semi-final heroics, the same could happen in London. Assuming Korea qualify, Park is almost certain to be one of the three over-age players, his last chance to miss the call-up."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/950445/ambitious-park-chu-young-races-towards-arsenal-?cc=5901

well...frak
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Official: Arsenal sign Park Chu ("Ju") Young and André Santos Gun__1314716417_park01

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Dont know too much about him, hope he does well though. And talk about shirt sales about to go threw the roof in asia!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Huge ass shirt sales from Korean fans? Yes, please.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 pm

he was once the hottest talent and most viewed player in South Korea....and was excellent in is first few NT games until they got a new coach....Dick Advocaat who didn't like him....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Some more pics:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/chu-young-park-picture-gallery

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naj Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:12 pm

I won't comment much on a player that I haven't seen play.

Anyway, if he is a good signing, then bargain. If he turns out to be mediocre, then that is unfortunate but not too deterring considering it is a low-risk signing (the transfer fee).

The club confirmed that it wants to close the gap between itself and Man utd commercially and that is one of the reasons why they visited Asia for pre-season, maybe to expand their reach. The purchase of Miyaichi and Yu might help as well, especially the latter considering he is an icon in his country.

Off to see the pictures.
Naj
Naj
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Interesting to see how he does.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm

he looks like a salesman : /
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next