hrealmadrid
InterMalia
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
Pedram
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ramos to his former team: Go find another league Empty Ramos to his former team: Go find another league

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 am

Sevilla should go and find another league to play in if they are unhappy with La Liga, Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos said in response to criticism from his former club of Real and Barcelona's dominance in Spain.

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido slammed the structure of the Spanish football league and said that only two teams could win the title after Real and Barca won their opening matches of the season 6-0 and 5-0 respectively last weekend.

"If he doesn't like this one, why doesn't he look for another," Ramos told reporters as he joined up for international duty with the Spain squad on Wednesday.

Del Nido described the league as "third-world" and "rubbish" because of the way Barca and Real took half of the total revenue earned from television rights, stirring up a debate on the state of Spanish football.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31082011/2/find-league-ramos-tells-la-liga-critics.html
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Ramos to his former team: Go find another league Empty Re: Ramos to his former team: Go find another league

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:46 am

Cool
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Ramos to his former team: Go find another league Empty Re: Ramos to his former team: Go find another league

Post by Ganso Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:56 am

for what team does Ramos play again?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 am

Ganso wrote:for what team does Ramos play again?
Fc Copenhagen, or was it Basel?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:02 am

Damn right. They are always complaining. Man up.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:04 am

Del Nido is right actually... the way media revenue-sharing is set up in Spain is suicidal for the league. The single biggest reason that 2/3 of the clubs are bankrupt.

This exists in no other major football league in the world. Only Spain has this retarded setup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 am

Disgraceful and retarded.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 am

I for one would like to see the league become more competitive again, with at least 4 teams challenging for the title... Del Nido is right to a certain extent.

If you look at the league, removing RM and Barca, it actually becomes quite competitive, with anyone having the ability to finish anywhere, one season a team will finish 5th, the next year 15th.

Its just a top two anomaly... I say split that tv money properly. I'm not that much of a sore loser that I cannot stand to see more competitive competition and Real Madrid possibly losing a bit more because of it.

The win over Zaraogoza on the weekend was entertaining, but it sucks to watch teams just go and lay and take the butthurt. In recent years that has only really happened with teams Barca plays, but since Mou took over- visiting teams don't come to the Bernabeu with the same fire in their bellies as they used to, and actually looked for a result.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 am

I'd rather have a European Super League
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 am

European superleague would be a complete disaster... will never happen. That's what CL is for.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:45 am

That's your opinion.

The concept of a "European Super League" consisting of the best football clubs from across Europe has been discussed for years and has occasionally been officially proposed, but the idea has not yet got off the ground. In 1998, Italian company Media Partners seriously investigated the idea.[1] The plan died after UEFA moved to expand the Champions League competition and do away with the Cup Winners' Cup in order to better accommodate clubs that were considering defecting in order to join the proposed Super League.[2] In July 2009, Real Madrid's Florentino Pérez championed the idea. In August 2009, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger predicted a super league would become reality within 10 years time due to revenue pressure on the continent's elite teams.[3]

On July 4, 2009, Florentino Pérez criticized the current Champions League, saying "we have to agree a new European Super League which guarantees that the best always play the best - something that does not happen in the Champions League."[4] Perez stated that he would push for a break-away competition featuring Europe's traditional powerhouses if UEFA didn't do more to ensure these teams played each other annually.[5]
Under Perez's plan, the continent's best teams would remain part of their respective national systems, but would be guaranteed the opportunity to play each other at the conclusion of the regular league season.[5
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:52 am

That's a pipe dream. Perez was worried in 2009 because Madrid kept losing in the early rounds of CL and missed out on the lucrative "super games" later in the competition. Completely self-serving from him. It will never happen and shouldn't.

You want to play the best, compete like you're one of the best... that's what we're doing now.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 am

I wouldn't be too sure about that. In my opinion it is a possibility in the future. People said Figo would never move to Madrid.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:00 am

Not only is it a bad idea, it's a non-starter practically. UEFA handles so much, including the Euro, CL and Europa. Not to mention UEFA has recently signed long terms media deals with all the member leagues and participating clubs for the Euro, CL and Europa. How else do you think they can guarantee 20-30 million in revenue for CL participants? They pool everything and force it down the medias throats. I don't remember how long these deals were signed for. But i can guarantee you that they're for no less than 5 years.

Only way clubs could get out of it is if they sue UEFA for negligence and try to break the contracts.... UEFA would need to screw up big time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

I have mixed feelings on the super leauge. I think that a 20 team leauge is a disaster idea.However if you take the Winner of the four major leauges in europe and make them play each other and give the one with the most points a trophy , it will generate an unbelievable amount of money.....and it wont give the players a huge undue burden.'

Cancelling the champions leauge would be a disaster, no european super leauge will ever be as prestigous as a knockout competition.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:04 am

Barcelona & Real Madrid will leave La Liga at some point - Jorge Valdano

The Santiago Bernabeu club's former general director has voiced his opinion that the two Spanish giants will say farewell to the domestic league in the future

Former Real Madrid general director Jorge Valdano expects the capital outfit and Barcelona to leave La Liga at some point in the future, with a European league proving to be more interesting for them.

Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido recently ridiculed La Liga for its lack of competitiveness due to the domination of the big two and Valdano thinks it's only a matter of time before Barca and Madrid have had enough.

"In the future Madrid and Barcelona will be forced to look elsewhere for clubs that develop at the same speed. That will eventually move to a European league," Valdano was quoted as saying by Cadena Ser.

"The gap between the big two and the rest is only getting bigger in the next few years. You can't help but feel that it will only get worse over time.

"Barcelona and Real Madrid have the entire world as their market, while the others only have their local community."

Barcelona started their 2011-12 league campaign with a 5-0 win over Villarreal, while Real Madrid beat Zaragoza 6-0 to underline their dominance.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:11 am

Del Nido is the guy that keeps complaining about the TV deal and while he has a point, he's also the guy who refused that segunda clubs get a bigger TV deal.

Del Nido is jumping up and down about TV deals when he can't even fill his team's stadium (the fans are probably at home trying to improve their team TV ratings LOL)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:18 am

I totally agree with Del Nido but I also wondering if Real and Barca deserves all the blame. If I recall, Real and Barca look out for their own interest as do the other clubs. Would it not be the lack of foresight and know how by La Liga bigwigs in not seeing how badly run the tv rights are. Yes, Real and Barcelona have a huge say but Man Utd is also a rather influential club in England and still has to go with the Premier League's ruling.

I'm just saying, Real Madrid and Barcelona have some blame to accept but can't be an excuse for LFP's lack of management skills...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:18 am

Zealous wrote:Del Nido is jumping up and down about TV deals when he can't even fill his team's stadium (the fans are probably at home trying to improve their team TV ratings LOL)

Hilarious Laughing
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:19 am

Doc wrote:I totally agree with Del Nido but I also wondering if Real and Barca deserves all the blame. If I recall, Real and Barca look out for their own interest as do the other clubs. Would it not be the lack of foresight and know how by La Liga bigwigs in not seeing how badly run the tv rights are. Yes, Real and Barcelona have a huge say but Man Utd is also a rather influential club in England and still has to go with the Premier League's ruling.

I'm just saying, Real Madrid and Barcelona have some blame to accept but can't be an excuse for LFP's lack of management skills...

I agree, there are a lot more factors than just the two big clubs.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:23 am

how long is the current deal still valid for?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:36 am

three more years I think. Could be wrong though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:55 am

Oh that's why Del Nido said he would give it 3 more years?

well, if they arent already doing to strategic planning to hare the money around and invest in making of la liga a better product, then they are screwed.

So i'm tired of hearing this stuff, i will wait 3 years again to comment about how la liga is a two horse race, there is nothing they can do about it till then.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:13 am

If other clubs like Valencia (who were close to winning the CL twice not THAT long ago) agree with what Valdano's judgement of them being "local community clubs" the problem is them, not Real Madrid and Barcelona.

I think what Valdano said was with the purpose to provoke a reaction from other clubs and see how much confidence they have.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:35 am

I'm kind of uninformed about the Italian league's strike, what's that about it? Is it a different situation than ours?
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next