Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi - Page 28 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi

Post by FCBarça Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 am

Antonella was admitted to USP Dexeus hospital...Quim Puigbó Domenech on Punto Pelota said the birth was imminent, likely today

A lot of rumours will swirl on the birth but Leo's sister, Maria, will be a good source for confirmation on twitter
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:44 am

Luis Suarez Miramontes (Ballon d'Or 1960) - "There has never been a fast, skilfull, technical player who also scores so many goals. Until Messi. He has it all."

Enrique Orizaola (ex-coach, 90 years of age): "You just can't compare Messi and Cristiano. Messi is the best player I've ever seen, better than Maradona."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Who's the best ever?

Enrique Orizaola (ex-coach, 90 years of age) - "Messi is the best player I've ever seen, better than Maradona."

Luis Suarez Miramontes (Ballon d'Or 1960) - "There has never been a fast, skilfull, technical player who also scores so many goals. Until Messi. He has it all."

Miku (Celtic) - "Messi is the best player in history,"

Ronald de Boer (ex-Barcelona) - "Messi is the best player to have ever lived."

Juan Antonio Anquela (coach Granada) - "Messi is the best, for me better than Maradona."

Wayne Rooney - "In my eyes anyway, Messi is the best ever."

Hugo Sotil (Copa America 1975 winner) - "I've played with geniuses like Maradona, Pele,... but for me Leo Messi is the best player ever."

Julio Alberto (teammate Maradona) - "Messi is better than Diego. He's from another galaxy. Better than Pele or Maradona."

Gabriel Milito - "For me, Leo is the best player in history. It's impossible for me to imagine anyone was better."

Joey Barton (Queens Park Rangers) - "Messi is the best that's played the game. Streets ahead of Maradona."

Antonio Cassano (Milan) - "Wasn't happy with Madrid winning Liga, prefer Barça. They have the best player in history and watching them is great fun!"

Ivan Helguera (ex-Real Madrid) - "For me, Messi is the best player in history"

Mircea Lucescu (manager Shaktar)- "I don't think there ever has been or will be a phenomenon like Messi. He's even better than Pele."

Domenico Criscito (Zenit) - "Messi = alien of football!! An extraordinary player. The best of all times!"

Albert Ferrer (ex-Barcelona, Chelsea) - "I played with Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Laudrup and Stoichkov but Messi is the best I've seen."

Osvaldo Ardiles (teammate Maradona) - "I played with Maradona for 7 years. I thought I'd never see another player like that but I have to say Messi is better."

Bernd Schuster (1xSilver, 2xBronze Ballon d'Or) - "Messi is the best player I have seen in my life."

Ray Hudson (football commentator) - "Greatest football player I've ever seen, and certainly one of the most fabulous footballers in the history of the game, in my opinion, the greatest ever."

John Terry (Chelsea) - “My kids love him. They both have Barcelona shirts with his name on the back and they like the fact I swapped shirts with him after one of our previous games… It’s a pleasure because when you finish and look back – and the guy’s still going to be going strong – you’ve tested yourself against the best. And, quite clearly for me, he’s the best ever. He’s a great individual, a great person as well and a credit to the sport. For me, he’s got everything. He is magical. "

Adriano Galliani (vice-president Milan) - "Messi is the best player ever. And this is said by someone who has seen Maradona and Pele play."

Gary Lineker (ex-Liverpool) - “Fella’s a genius! Best ever by a distance in my life time! Never really saw Pele. Wait til he grows up! Souness, Gullit, Venables, and now Rooney agree Messi is the best they have seen. He plays a game to which we are not familiar.”

Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham) - ”Is messi the best ever?? Best I've seen”

Arsene Wenger (manager Arsenal) - Who's the best player in the world? ”Lionel Messi.” Who's the best player of all time? ”Lionel Messi.”

Roy Keane (ex-ManU): "I was a big fan of Maradona growing up and of the current crop Ronaldo is good, but Messi is the best I've ever seen"

Michael Owen - ”Not old enough to see some of the greats but I can't believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as Messi. ”

Jose Luis Chilavert (3x IFFHS goalkeeper of year) - "Messi is the best, he is better than Maradona," he affirmed. "At Messi's age, Maradona had not won not even 1 percent of what Messi has won."

Gerry Armstrong (ex Tottenham) - "I know what it's like to score against Barcelona, but end up losing 4-1. My first goal in Spanish league was against Barcelona. Unfortunately a certain Diego Maradona was in the side for Barcelona and he just took control and they beat us 4-1.

Look at this little man (Messi), well, I think he's better than Maradona, I think he better than anybody I've ever seen."

Carlos Bianchi (Argentine player/manager, 4x Copa Libertadores) - Barcelona's Lionel Messi is better than Diego Maradona and Pele

"A few days ago I did a talk for a business and a Brazilian asked me in the middle of the conference who I considered the best footballer in history, Maradona or Pele. I answered that, with all due respect to those two, right now I see Messi as superior to everyone,"

"There have been excellent footballers that weren't able to play in great national teams to prove their class. Moving on from everything that has happened or will happen when he puts on the Argentina jersey, Messi confirms every week that he is capable of doing things that nobody else has managed in the history of football."

Graeme Souness (ex Liverpool) - "I think he might be the best player that has ever played the game, given that he's 23... He's best around, and I've played against Maradona many times, some people say that Maradona was better, but I disagree.

Peter Schmeichel (ex ManU) - "I've played against some of the greatest, including Maradona, but Messi might be the best I've ever seen."

Gianluca Zambrotta (World Cup 2006) -"I've been lucky enough to play alongside a lot of champions, players like Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldinho and Kaka. But I've never seen anyone do things with the ball like Lionel Messi. He is simply incredible."

Michel (ex Real Madrid) - "Is he better than Maradona? For me yes. I've played against Maradona and I can say that what I have seen Messi, I have not seen done by anyone since I'm in the football world and now I am getting closer to fifty years, "

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (2x Ballon d'Or) - "Nobody was so wonderful at 19 years, neither Pele nor Maradona."

Juan Laporta (ex Barcelona president) - “Messi, without doubt, is the leader of Barcelona. He is the best player in the world and the best in the history of football.

David Villa (Barcelona) - ”I haven’t seen anything like him on a football pitch. Look, there were many brilliant players throughout history, but with all respect to the opinions of other people, no one is even close to Leo.”

Xavi (Barcelona) - ”Messi is even better than Maradona”

Josep Guardiola (ex Barcelona player/manager) - "Messi is the best I've ever seen and probably the best I'll ever see."

Diego Maradona - "I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Lionel Messi. Messi is a genius and he can become an even better player. His potential is limitless and I think he’s got everything it takes to become Argentina’s greatest player."

Lionel Messi - "Diego is Diego and for me he is the greatest player of all time. Even after a million years I am not even going to be close to Maradona. I have no intention of comparing myself with Maradona – I want to make my own history for something I have achieved."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Lionel Messi's son Thiago has been born (via @barcastuff) #fcblive

FINALLY! lol
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:40 pm

My 3000th post will be dedicated to this little genius.

Congratulations, Lionel Messi.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 pm

AS.com:
Mini Messi is here! Thiago, Leo's first son, arrived this afternoon, just after 5pm. Congrats to all. Defenders of 2030 beware?

good one Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Cesar Menotti (coach ARG 1978): "Never before there was such a difference between the king and the next. Not with Di Stefano, not with Maradona.."

"Logical Mourinho wants Ronaldo to win Ballon d'Or, but difference between Messi and number two is colossal."

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi - Page 28 11

Messi doesn't press they said.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm

22 minutes of messi dribbling

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:02 am

Since Messi became the captain of the Argentine National team on 30 August, 2011, Argentina's Fifa World Ranking has risen from 11th to 3rd. He is currently the fourth top scorer of Argentina with 31 goals, with Gabriel Batistuta being on the first position with 56 goals.

He recently broke Pele's record with the most number of goals for a country in a single calender year. His free-kicks are improving day by day.

If he continues to improve at this rate, then within 3 years there will be hardly anyone (like 4-5%) who would say that he is not the best ever. The World Cup still remains though........
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 pm

I think no need for World Cup. If he becomes Argentina's all time top-scorer (most likely he will become) then after 25 years people will not blame him for his performance in national team
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 am

billionmillion wrote:I think no need for World Cup. If he becomes Argentina's all time top-scorer (most likely he will become) then after 25 years people will not blame him for his performance in national team
Ya even I don't think he needs it. Argentina's already on 3rd in the rankings in such a less time. But some people are there who just wouldn't listen.......

Last edited by arjun.khanwalkar on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 am

Didn't have such a great game but still managed to score two goals...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 am

Messi playing in his worse game, he'd still be top 3 to be honest. But we know he can play better that's why we are harsh on him.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 am

76 goals this natural year. Surpassed Pele's 75 and is 9 away from Gerd Muller.
How many games does Messi have left this 2012? 9 with Barça and one with Argentina? I read ARgentina is playing vs. Brazil on 21st November, but I guess it's a U-23 or something because there's CL that day. So that would be 10 games away from beating the record.
Messi already beat Muller's record of goals in one season, right?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 pm

9 game with Barcelona however one of them is vs Alaves, so Messi basically has 9 game to score 10 goals....should be enough isn't it...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 pm

The Sanchez wrote:Didn't have such a great game but still managed to score two goals...
Donuts wrote:Messi playing in his worse game, he'd still be top 3 to be honest. But we know he can play better that's why we are harsh on him.

Easily the MoM, good passing, involvement, even some defending, one individual goal and one great strike. Don't know which games you are watching nowadays... How about against Celtic, even worse? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by jiopsi on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 pm

neuro11 wrote:9 game with Barcelona however one of them is vs Alaves, so Messi basically has 9 game to score 10 goals....should be enough isn't it...
There is still potential 12 games left.

La Liga 6
CDR 3
UCL 2
NT 1
overall 12, with current form, playing all he's projected to 91 goals during 2012.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:02 pm

free_cat wrote: I read ARgentina is playing vs. Brazil on 21st November, but I guess it's a U-23 or something because there's CL that day. So that would be 10 games away from beating the record.
Messi already beat Muller's record of goals in one season, right?
It's a friendly of "local" national teams (ie: composed players who work in south america)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:46 pm

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi - Page 28 Kk8waz

Surprised
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:42 am

wanted to share the yahoo report on Messi's record breaking event:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/spanish-liga-braces-good-enough-messi-122321949.html

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am

So now he is 7 away from Muller's record, and he has 8 games more to play. I think he will get it. Unlucky not to score a hattrick last night.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

He needs to average in just 1 goal a game, which isn't hard but Messi proves everyone wrong.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:05 am

he is more complete then muller obviously. The goals +overall play is phenominal
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:33 am

Last night on the spanish canal+ they showed that Messi had only taken 37 shots in la liga but on ESPN it says 68 shots. Anyone can confirm which one is the correct one?

Edit: Nevermind I found out that the 37 shot was on target while the 68 were total...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next