Mr Nick09
dostoevsky
Interista809
chinomaster182
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

German Pezzella: one of the most promising young CBs in South America Empty German Pezzella: one of the most promising young CBs in South America

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:32 am

German Pezzella: one of the most promising young CBs in South America 350x

Name: German Pezzella
Height: 1.82 m
Nationality: Argentine & Italian
Position: CB
Club: River Plate
Number of senior club appearances: 0
Number of international U20 appearances: 11
Notes: U20 Argentina captain
Transfermarkt.de price: 50,000 Euro (Laughing)

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

German Pezzella: one of the most promising young CBs in South America Empty Re: German Pezzella: one of the most promising young CBs in South America

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:41 am

Nice bit of scouting, i think we'll see him in Serie A soon.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

German Pezzella: one of the most promising young CBs in South America Empty Re: German Pezzella: one of the most promising young CBs in South America

Post by Interista809 Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:43 am

You should do Lucas Ocampos next!!! Very Happy

Don't try to hide him!!!
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 am

I'm guessing that there's no chance we can steal him for the Italian national side, if he turns out to be good enough?

Stealing an U-20 Captain from a position Argentina desperately need might sour relations a tad. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:53 am

With the current quality of CBs available to Argentina I would be very surprised to see him join Italy, given that he probably knows that if he does well his competition is probably harder in Italy than for Argentina. Additionally, he's flying very under the radar right now due to not debuting yet for River Plate so I doubt he'll go to Italy soon. This also makes it hard to assess how good he truly is, since we don't get a chance to watch him often.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:54 am

Is he a ball playing CB?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:00 am

Definitely, though in the end it should be a decision of the heart, not the head.

Have you been following him for long? 1.82m is quite short for a centre-back, however from the video it looks like he's less susceptible to being left behind by a fast, tricky attacker because of it. I'd obviously need to watch a few full matches to get a real feel for his style though, he looks comfortable on the ball though, thanks for the report.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:06 am

I'm actually quite surprised, generally you get hype for players that are too young (17 or so) and/or are overpriced and not good deals (Lamela, Damiao, Casemiro, Piazon).

Nice job
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:19 am

dostoevsky wrote:Have you been following him for long? 1.82m is quite short for a centre-back, however from the video it looks like he's less susceptible to being left behind by a fast, tricky attacker because of it. I'd obviously need to watch a few full matches to get a real feel for his style though, he looks comfortable on the ball though, thanks for the report.
Only for the last few months since I catched him playing in the U20 WC. He was injured then, and I believe he has yet to recover. Once he does, he is expected to make his way into the debut, because the CBs River has right now are frankly terrible.

@Nick: I'm not sure, I've only watched one and a half games by him so it is hard to tell. He does have good control of the ball, but I'm unsure about his passing skills.

@Chino: most CBs take a longer time to develop
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:49 pm

So apparently I've done some research and he is no longer injured, but his partner CB Pires, who was also very good at the U20 is. No idea why he's not been played, and most River fans are perplexed by this same question.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:09 pm

An Argentian defender? Sorry, but I dont see a bright future.

No surprise another Italian :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:03 am

50,000 Shocked
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:11 pm

http://www.forza-roma.com/42022/la-roma-ha-opzionato-german-pezzella-e-segue-cirigliano

:coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Yeah Roma is linked to him, Sabbatini, work your magic!!!
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Verratti now this

Sabatini :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I just checked the River forums, there's tons of butthurt over Cirigiliano and Ocampos, but no one had heard of Pezzella being linked out til now hmm

Either way yes please, I want to see him get some playing time.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 am

relevant question, what do any argentinians here know about lisandro lopez from arsenal? apparently we've been scouting him for like a year now...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Pezzella definitely sounds like a good prospect. Future Nesta understudy? hmm
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm

che wrote:relevant question, what do any argentinians here know about lisandro lopez from arsenal? apparently we've been scouting him for like a year now...
All I know about him is the goal he got nominated for the Puskas award. Sorry I can't be much help.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Shame to see that Pirez is injured.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 am

chinomaster182 wrote:I'm actually quite surprised, generally you get hype for players that are too young (17 or so) and/or are overpriced and not good deals (Lamela, Damiao, Casemiro, Piazon).

Nice job

ahahahaha Lamela not being a good deal Laughing

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:42 am

che wrote:relevant question, what do any argentinians here know about lisandro lopez from arsenal? apparently we've been scouting him for like a year now...

he's coming to Brazil... ggnore.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:56 am

affraid I had no idea this thread existed, I even made one very similar to it a month or two after Shocked

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t11246-german-pezzella

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Roma will sign Pezella Very Happy
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 pm

metinsk wrote:Roma will sign Pezella Very Happy
where did you hear this? I could come if it's true! :dance:

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next