Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit

3 posters

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit Empty Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit

Post by Mr. Festim Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtwEwAf9Tk&feature=player_detailpage
Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 am

No, not amazing lol

As someone who studed Sports Science for a total of 6 years and wasnt even a special student by any means, I was stunned that actual sports scientists came up with that series of tests and how they were carried out.

Hugely flawed and not much more then theatrics aimed at the average fan who eats it up.

It actually did a diservice to Cristiano, because I think he could of impressed more if things were done differently.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit

Post by Kev Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:35 am

So what do you think the folks at Castrol should have done?

Personally, I was quite entertained by this documentary. The "scoring in the dark" exercise was sensational.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:48 am

Didnt say it wasnt entertaining, said it wasnt accurate in terms of "testing him to the limit".

I wont go into huge detail on everything, but just take the first one for example.

The speed test. They used a sprinter and asked him to run in a zig zag direction. I dont know about you, but did I not for a second thought the sprinter was going to beat Cristiano. I knew his technique would be bad because he never has to do that kind of movement. It seemed pointless.

Also, zigzag is a good example of how Cristiano would move in a game situation? He would sprint and change direction left diagonal and then right diagonal continously in that way?

It should of been a move varied movement with him going laterally, vertically and even a bending run. More importantly, we should of seen him go aganist another footballer with great speed (say Pepe for example) and actually have them race against one another race then a clock.

These kind of things I think I could point out for all the tests.

By the end of it, I wasnt really surprised and I wasnt impressed. I also dont think he was "tested to the limit".

Dont mean to be too negative, but as someone who studied sports science I honestly fund it difficult to watch. Not just saying this because I dislike Cristiano (which I do).

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:55 am

The Franchise wrote:Didnt say it wasnt entertaining, said it wasnt accurate in terms of "testing him to the limit".

I wont go into huge detail on everything, but just take the first one for example.

The speed test. They used a sprinter and asked him to run in a zig zag direction. I dont know about you, but did I not for a second thought the sprinter was going to beat Cristiano. I knew his technique would be bad because he never has to do that kind of movement. It seemed pointless.

Also, zigzag is a good example of how Cristiano would move in a game situation? He would sprint and change direction left diagonal and then right diagonal continously in that way?

It should of been a move varied movement with him going laterally, vertically and even a bending run. More importantly, we should of seen him go aganist another footballer with great speed (say Pepe for example) and actually have them race against one another race then a clock.

These kind of things I think I could point out for all the tests.

By the end of it, I wasnt really surprised and I wasnt impressed. I also dont think he was "tested to the limit".

Dont mean to be too negative, but as someone who studied sports science I honestly fund it difficult to watch. Not just saying this because I dislike Cristiano (which I do).

Interesting words. I agree on most of the things you said about the speed tests.

Just out of interest, what's your occupation? Is it related to sports science at all?
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:57 am

I am a Sports Coach in primary (maybe known as lower in other parts of the world?) schools.

To be honest, I dont get to use much of the Sports Science stuff, but I prefer coaching anyway so its all good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down