Deathrow898
bazinga
BarcaKizz
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
ChollaVille
12 posters

Go down

Afellay faces six months out with knee injury Empty Afellay faces six months out with knee injury

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 pm

"The Dutchman is the Catalan side's latest player to move to the infirmary after picking up a serious knee injury during training and may miss a majority of the campaign."

So my question is, what is going to be with our attack?
We have Fabregas for false 9, Adriano can play on the wings, but is it enaugh.
Are we going to see fight for Neymar in January or not?

If otharplayers stay fit it is enaugh, but if we look current situaton: Pique, Iniesta, Sanchez and Afellay are injured.

We have: Valdes - Alves Masche Puyol Abidal - Xavi Busi Cesc - Pedro Messi Villa
This is great team, but if we look bench: Pinto, Fontas, Maxwell, Adriano, Thiago, Keita... with all respect, this bench is sh*t. Pinto, Maxwell, Keita, Fontas... meh... Thiago and Adriano are ok... but it is not enaugh...
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Afellay faces six months out with knee injury Empty Re: Afellay faces six months out with knee injury

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:10 am

4 forwards for 3 positions is not good. I think a back-up signing is a real possibility at this point.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Afellay faces six months out with knee injury Empty Re: Afellay faces six months out with knee injury

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:18 am

Cesc can be that 5th forward imo. Thiago can be immediate backup to Iniesta/Xavi and Keita behind him. I think we're fine tbh.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:34 am

Nooooooooo!!!! Allefayyyyyy!!!!

Very sorry for him, his only chance was about to come. In 6 months I see his chances swallowed up by Cesc and Alexis and he'll warm the bench.

From a Barca point of view, we're OK. Didn't anyone remember Adriano?

Villa/Adriano - Messi/Cesc - Pedro/Sanchez

+Kiko or someone from Barca B until Soriano is fit.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:07 am

Umm, why did cholla get neg repped for posting that anyway?

This is really shit news for poor Afellay.

A cruciate ligament injury is usually very serious. If I'm not grossly mistaken, this was the same injury that Milito suffered as well.

I hope Afellay recovers smoothly. He won't recover fast, that's for sure. But hopefully the recovery will be straightforward and without any unexpected and undesirable diversions which could derail his career completely.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:23 am

I agree kizz it was his chance to prove himself at barca. But when he comes back at the end of the season or even next season he can shine.

I doubt we will sign another forward but theres defiantly a chance.

All I hope is that cesc does not get injured, with him being injury prone. We will see what happens. Maybe Its time we tested one of the youth?

but I think Adriano will be used as an attacker for the squad rotation.
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 am

horrible news Sad
He won't get a chance to show his talent now because he will probably be off form with 6 months of no training...
& to make matter worst...he was always fighting for a starting spot against Pedro & Sanchez...
I actually wanted him at Juventus more than Elia..
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:55 am

If I were Afellay I would leave, to be honest. He's better as a midfielder than as a inner forward, and he will never get a chance to show that for Barca. Additionally, the constant stream of injuries is keeping him from having any continuity in the team. While practicing with Messi every week surely does improve your footballing skills, he would mature more as a player elsewhere.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:43 am

Get Well Soon Afellay Sad

Promote Rafinha or Deulito Smile Plus Adriano was very gd vs Valencia (RW/LW)!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 am

Poor Afellay. Really sad for him. As a whole, it doesn't really matter a lot, as once Alexis comes back he would barely play (he is not Keita), but I feel bad for him. I hope he recovers well or even improves his level after the injury.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:41 am

That's really a fantastic video
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:09 am

The players of Barcelona started a twitter movement for Afellay, all tweeting 'anims afellay'. Joan Capdevila joined in.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:13 am

Wow the kid can't catch a break. I really like him as a player and I hope(d) he would succeed at Barca, but idk if that can happen anymore.

I wish him a speedy recovery. Afellay is a boss!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:16 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

Fantastic video indeed.

ANIMS AFELLAY.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by silverstone131 Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 pm

He is a great player ! I wish he will return soon, but I think we are in need of a central back defender more than anything.
silverstone131
silverstone131
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum