LE's Roma and Bielsa's Athletic struggle to find success with possession football

3 posters

Go down

LE's Roma and Bielsa's Athletic struggle to find success with possession football Empty LE's Roma and Bielsa's Athletic struggle to find success with possession football

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:17 am

Just an observation, but possession football takes time to adapt to. Do you guys think they will pull it off eventually or the clubs will kick the respective coaches out before they get a decent amount of time necessary to express their style?

I think Roma is far likelier than Atheltic to pull it off. After all, they were a possession side under Ranieri. Athletic Club, instead, have been the most 'English' team in La Liga as far as recent memory is concerned.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

LE's Roma and Bielsa's Athletic struggle to find success with possession football Empty Re: LE's Roma and Bielsa's Athletic struggle to find success with possession football

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:10 am

Why on Earth was this neg repped? If people disagree, what about formulating a counter opinion?

BTW, I agree that possession football needs time to adapt. When Van Gaal took over Bayern, things didn't work out right away either. After all, each coach tries to instill automatisms and going from one set of automatisms to another does take time.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

LE's Roma and Bielsa's Athletic struggle to find success with possession football Empty Re: LE's Roma and Bielsa's Athletic struggle to find success with possession football

Post by Deathrow898 Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 am

Yes i agree it will take time but I think Roma can adapt quickly.

Idk about Athletic Bilbao though as I have not seen any of their games.

Do you think Roma can adapt to this style?

Btw what was Roma's system prior to Luis Enrique? that could also give a good indication on weather or not his style will work with roma.

From what i have seen so far they look promising though(Roma). Always liked Osvoldo even though he played for espanyol
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down