Raptorgunner
Highburied
Sushi Master
REWB
RealGunner
MJ
15 posters

Go down

Arsenal Prepare to Launch €29m bid for Yann M'Vila Empty Arsenal Prepare to Launch €29m bid for Yann M'Vila

Post by MJ Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Arsenal will make another move for Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila in the January transfer window after failing with their bid to capture him in August, Goal.com can reveal.
Arsene Wenger has identified the France international as his key target and has accelerated plans to bring the midfield anchorman to the Emirates Stadium after receiving the news last week that Jack Wilshere will be on the sidelines for five months.

Arsenal Prepare to Launch €29m bid for Yann M'Vila 133912hp2

The Gunners were named by Rennes coach Frederic Antonetti as one of four Champions League clubs to make offers of “around €30m [£26.5m]” for the player in August.

Arsenal’s scouting team have continued to keep close tabs on the player, who has started all nine of Rennes’ Ligue 1 matches this season and is set to add to his 13 international caps when France take on Albania on Friday and Bosnia-Herzegovina four days later in their Euro 2012 qualifiers.

M’Vila is contracted to Rennes until 2015 but Arsenal believe there is a strong will on the player’s behalf to follow what is a well-trodden path from Ligue 1 to north London. The French club were unwilling to sell the midfield enforcer in the final days of the August window because they had no time to find an adequate replacement.

Wenger will rotate Mikel Arteta, Alex Song and Aaron Ramsey with rookies Emmanuel Frimpong and Francis Coquelin in the three central midfield berths between now and January.

But Goal.com understands that Wenger is privately concerned about how much of an impact Wilshere will have this season as the manager attempts to end the club’s six-year trophy drought.

Even if Wilshere’s recovery from ankle surgery last week goes smoothly and it corresponds to the 22-week schedule mapped out by the club’s medical department, by the time the teenager returns to the team in late February or early March, he will have been out for seven months in total.

There's no such thing as a bad transfer for us right now but I don't know if this is the answer -.-
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Prepare to Launch €29m bid for Yann M'Vila Empty Re: Arsenal Prepare to Launch €29m bid for Yann M'Vila

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 pm

yes wengers master plan is to play 4-3-1-2 with Coquelin, Frimpong and M'Vila with Song as the CAM and maybe Ramsey n Wilshere as the two strikers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Prepare to Launch €29m bid for Yann M'Vila Empty Re: Arsenal Prepare to Launch €29m bid for Yann M'Vila

Post by MJ Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 pm

lmao. these rumors make me cry. so many sound like crap, and...come true :facepalm:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:31 pm

we need a world class creative mid, to partner jackie imo
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Would be great.

The creative roles can be filled with Arteta, Ramsey or whatever. Even Sheva can play there (we should totally try that).

The problem hasn't been creating goals, but just needlesly conceeding them, which is due to problems deeper in the midfield.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm

We are in a situation where we have no idea what we want or need...

Mad
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:27 pm

highburied wrote:We are in a situation where we have no idea what we want or need...

Mad

lol thats what i was thinking, overall the team has just become poor...lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:yes wengers master plan is to play 4-3-1-2 with Coquelin, Frimpong and M'Vila with Song as the CAM and maybe Ramsey n Wilshere as the two strikers

Can we please have the transfer roumers back again, so we can start posting there, I tried to post there its locked. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:39 pm

highburied wrote:We are in a situation where we have no idea what we want or need...

Mad

LOL, so true.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:40 pm

doubt there is any truth in this
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm not sure why we should sign him, really. He's not the sort of midfielder we need at the moment, and as far as defensive midfielders go we're actually well stocked, albeit lacking a bit of experience beyond Song.

Hate to say it, but signing M'Vila would limit the playing time for Coquelin and Frimpong. And if we play with two DM's, then we're going to limiting the playing time of Arteta and Ramsey. Limiting Ramsey's chances right now might not be such a bad thing, but the talent is obviously still there. Would just seem like a waste if we throw in another talented and young midfielder.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm with you as well jay.

I wanted him at the deadline cause frankly any player with his caliber would have increased our morale, but looking at our current personnel and the emergance of Coquelin + Frimpong, it wouldn't be a good buy. We need a quick attacking midfielder who can flip the game on its head.

Save that £30million, chuck another 10 in, and get HAZARD.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:48 pm

the_gooner wrote:I'm with you as well jay.

I wanted him at the deadline cause frankly any player with his caliber would have increased our morale, but looking at our current personnel and the emergance of Coquelin + Frimpong, it wouldn't be a good buy. We need a quick attacking midfielder who can flip the game on its head.

Save that £30million, chuck another 10 in, and get HAZARD.

THIS.

Hazard is top class, and offers much more versatility. he could be our playmaker/attacking mf, plus play in the front 3 spots.

if this is who arsene REEEEEAAAAALY wants then fine, at least he's willing to go big on him. i wouldnt complain if we dropped 70m and picked them both up.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:52 pm

I think we need a quality player, to bring some freshness in. Losing Cesc and Nasri would of destroyed morale around the club and I think what we are seeing the the lack of believe in the players. A big signing for 30+ Mil might of bought some quality on the pitch but also brought morale to the dressing room. I definitely think we are missing a midfielder who is a top notch passer. Arteta and Ramsey are essentially the exact same type of player, from what I have seen.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Mad
I don't think so ! I want LOOL or We need to get rid of "bla bla" ! and buy Class Players like...Huntelaar or Hazard orrr (Shaqiri-I'm serious this time) Wink WHY NOT.
Note: I don't believe that losing Cesc & nasri has affected the club that serious...it's about something else ! Waking UP !
Well when i saw this thread first ..i thought it was something about LUNCH - wowww...how the hell is possible..LOOL! Razz
@srigooner:could u pls change u're sig !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 pm

M'Vila is just what Arsenal needs IMO,but paying anything over 20 is ridiculous.Rennes won't sell him without 25 me thinks...

I'm guessing your starting midfield will be Arteta - Song - Wilshere,M'Vila would make a great vice Song and provide steel when you need it.M'Vila - Song - Wilshere would make a tough midfield.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Mad
very true... I feel we need a top quality attacking midfielder.. Mata would have been the one.. Again Chelsea stole him..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:46 pm

I wish we could pin the blame on Chelsea being thieves (which they are). But in this case, it was our laziness that killed our chances.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm

boss wrote:

Mad
I don't think so ! I want LOOL or We need to get rid of "bla bla" ! and buy Class Players like...Huntelaar or Hazard orrr (Shaqiri-I'm serious this time) Wink WHY NOT.
Note: I don't believe that losing Cesc & nasri has affected the club that serious...it's about something else ! Waking UP !
Well when i saw this thread first ..i thought it was something about LUNCH - wowww...how the hell is possible..LOOL! Razz
@srigooner:could u pls change u're sig !

Hey mate! Why, whats wrong with my sig?? [pm me]

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:39 pm

WTFFFFFF?!?! NOOOOOOOO. They're furry boobs!!! FURRY BOOBS!! Shocked
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Problem with the M'Villa rumor is that Man U, Man City and Chelsea are on him + Arsenal can't afford the wages he will demand. So that's that.

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:Problem with the M'Villa rumor is that Man U, Man City and Chelsea are on him + Arsenal can't afford the wages he will demand. So that's that.

manu dont need him, city dont need him and have too much good players in the position already, and chelsea dont need him. the only big clubs that would possibly want him are milan and arsenal. depends where he wants to go, all other rumors are bs imo.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:55 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Problem with the M'Villa rumor is that Man U, Man City and Chelsea are on him + Arsenal can't afford the wages he will demand. So that's that.

manu dont need him, city dont need him and have too much good players in the position already, and chelsea dont need him. the only big clubs that would possibly want him are milan and arsenal. depends where he wants to go, all other rumors are bs imo.

Man U are all over him and he loves Man U... it's no secret in France in that regards. They are the easy frontrunners here. In the end, it's all about upgrading players with the elite clubs, not about need. Regardless, Man U definitely needs to upgrade the midfield as it's their weakness. With Essien likely done and Mikel being ok, M'Villa is an upgrade there too. Man City is the only one that really wouldn't be adding much; but when has that stopped them.

None of the Italian clubs can compete on transfer price with the EPL and La Liga elite.

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:34 pm

@SIRgooner: hey mate don't worry..i just saw this !

So do I, but I don't want some one asking me to change it!! :/

and thought ...woww perfect moment to say SIR-LOOL to change his sig...that's all my mate..ahh Good Luck with U're studies...and Hope u're sig gonna help u at least..What a SIG..trololol.. Razz

@Topic...I don't think M'villa could be a great choice...He's talented 4sure but not what ASN needs..!

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down