Who do you think the best player ever is?

+60
daneq
McAgger
punkfusion1992
schnix
TheRedStag
alexjanosik
Eivindo
Katy Perry
aford92
The BoyWonder
Harmonica
Raptorgunner
Kick
jontsu
beatrixasdfghjk.
Divine Intervention
billy_gr
LeVersacci
Soul
Mamad
free_cat
Ali
The Nature Boy
BeautifulGame
StevieRayVaughan
Lord Awesome
fatman123
Zealous
Vapotrini
zarola
Jeps33178
Guiltybystander
Shamirr
che
REWB
JAY-Z
white_star
Lord Spencer
Seppuku
SaintJoe
The Messiah
Arquitecto
RealGunner
futbol_bill
Zees
_LMG_10_
Sushi Master
Sir Psycho
S32TABLANCA
lenear1030
Gil
guest7
Magricos
S
Keyzar
jibers
Jafaar
Ganso
xabi
Great Leader Sprucenuce
64 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who do you think the best player ever is? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think the best player ever is?

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:21 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I'm a lot older than all of you so I'm giving a list;

Pele
Di Stefano
Cruff
Platini
Madonna (reluctantly)
Zidane
Messi
C. Ronaldo

The latter 2 still need to do something at country level to really be on this list. There have been many great players, exciting to watch but to make this list you have to have dominated at both club and country level.

If I had to pick just one from this list it would have to be Pele.

I never really thought about Messi or Cristiano seriously as 'best ever' players, but you include both of them in stead of Ronaldo, or Beckenbauer, or Laudrup... whatever. I am young, I cannot compare all these players. But as much as I like Cristiano, how can he be ranked above the old Ronaldo?

S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who do you think the best player ever is? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think the best player ever is?

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Saetablanca wrote:

Pele
Di Stefano
Cruff
Platini
Madonna (reluctantly)
Zidane
Messi
C. Ronaldo

The latter 2 still need to do something at country level to really be on this list. There have been many great players, exciting to watch but to make this list you have to have dominated at both club and country level.

I never really thought about Messi or Cristiano seriously as 'best ever' players, but you include both of them in stead of Ronaldo, or Beckenbauer, or Laudrup... whatever. I am young, I cannot compare all these players. But as much as I like Cristiano, how can he be ranked above the old Ronaldo?

I just think they have the potential to be on such a list. As someone earlier said, they are so good (at least he said about Messi), they make defenders look stupid. I don't remember any players standing out above all the rest as Messi and CR7 do (and yet I don't really like all the play of either of them), but as I said in earlier post they need to do something great at country level before they can be considered an all time great.

Ronaldo (Brasil), Beckenbauer, Laudrup, Eusebio, etc were all great players but in my mind they don't make this list.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 pm

messi can make it to the list,but cr?no way imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Pele
Di Stefano
Cruff
Platini
Madonna (reluctantly)
Zidane
Messi
C. Ronaldo

I just think they have the potential to be on such a list. As someone earlier said, they are so good (at least he said about Messi), they make defenders look stupid. I don't remember any players standing out above all the rest as Messi and CR7 do (and yet I don't really like all the play of either of them), but as I said in earlier post they need to do something great at country level before they can be considered an all time great.

Ronaldo (Brasil), Beckenbauer, Laudrup, Eusebio, etc were all great players but in my mind they don't make this list.

Ok, I guess you can compare very well as we all know that today's players are in general better than in the past due to fitness and preparation conditioning etc. I cant contest your opinion since youve seen so much more than me, but I think the Brazilian Ronaldo really should make the list. Whatever.

I think Messi will eventually be able to be considered in the top 5-10 of all time, but not the top spot itself.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Some of the opinions are disappointing here.

Me?

Johan Cruyff.

Perfection can only be made once. He was it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Ganso wrote:messi can make it to the list,but cr?no way imo

Ok let me redo list

Di Stefano
Pele
Cruff
Plantini
Zidane
Maradonna aka primadonna (reluctantly) -maybe we should just list him with henry for best hand ball

Suggestion - put up a poll with all of the names listed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Ronaldinho is the best player that has ever been.

No player was ever better than him

no player is better than him currently

and no player will ever be as good as he his until the end of time

Football was invented for one purpose, so Ronaldinho can play it.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima my hero :bow:

But yeah it's Maradona.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Messi being mentioned in this is an insult. Not only an insult for football, but insult for the human intellect. Get real n00bs.

Anyways, Maradona is head and shoulders above anything. Best footballer by a very long shot. Top 10 best sportsmen ever.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Titus Bramble and Amauri.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Crimson wrote:Alfredo di Stefano

Really ?? You've seen him play ?? I mean you can have your opinion but I hate when people say someone is the best ever when all they have seen is YouTube videos, plus back then level of fitness and tactics were horrible compared to today!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Ronaldo9
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Who do you think the best player ever is? - Page 2 Ali+Dia+Southampton ali dia...the legend :bow:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:17 pm

no but really, ronaldinho was the best imo. he is what football should be all about.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 pm

O and I vote Ronaldo from brazil or Ronaldinho two of the greatest players I have seen kick the ball!!! Two players I was able to witness play not from hearing reading or youtubing players from the 50s 60s and 70s
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:23 pm

ronaldo

don't even try asking which one
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:23 pm

white_star wrote:

Really ?? You've seen him play ?? I mean you can have your opinion but I hate when people say someone is the best ever when all they have seen is YouTube videos, plus back then level of fitness and tactics were horrible compared to today!!

Yes I have actually

I have the majority of video footage of recorded matches back then not only for Real Madrid but International games and other teams as well.

Di Stefano played as well in defence as he did in attack there was nothing he couldn't do on a football pitch. Footballers have a huge advantage today with all the technology, fitness trainers nutritionists etc etc. If anything players back then accomplished more doing what they did with so little. Football was also alot more physical, ever tried kicking an old leather ball that's completely soaked? Let alone hitting it hard?

Don't begin to lecture me on the differences of the game between now and then, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:28 pm

R9, Fernando Redondo, Ronaldinho... That's I've seen live
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Humans have to understand that we evolve to become better.

So current players are better than those Pele, Maradona and the rest of them lots.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Who do you think the best player ever is? - Page 2 Johan-Cruyff

No flaws.
I have never seen a player SINGLEHANDEDLY win games plus revolutionize the whole game the way Cruyff has.

Despite the fact that he is a little annoying at times, the man is the closest to the football messiah one could get.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:01 am

between Maradona, Di Stefano, and Zidane
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:37 am

Crimson wrote:
white_star wrote:

Yes I have actually

I have the majority of video footage of recorded matches back then not only for Real Madrid but International games and other teams as well.

Di Stefano played as well in defence as he did in attack there was nothing he couldn't do on a football pitch. Footballers have a huge advantage today with all the technology, fitness trainers nutritionists etc etc. If anything players back then accomplished more doing what they did with so little. Football was also alot more physical, ever tried kicking an old leather ball that's completely soaked? Let alone hitting it hard?

Don't begin to lecture me on the differences of the game between now and then, thank you.

Im not lecturing, but you seem to know everything there is about this sport, and Real Madrid is the best at everything because Crimson says so!!! Really why dont you do yourself a favor and dont lecture me, because i bet you have never even been to Madrid, to an actual game!!! Even if you have it was probably a one time deal!! You were not around in those times so stop acting like you know how things were!!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:13 am

che wrote:ronaldo

don't even try asking which one

cr7 right?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:18 am

Ronaldo 9 or Gigi Buffon
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:20 am

Maradona, and by quite a distance.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:24 am

Interesting interesting theorys but after much research i have realised only.................

22.33% of your choices are EPL proven

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next