C.Marchisio #8
Onyx
42 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official FIFA 12 Thread Empty Official FIFA 12 Thread

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Official FIFA 12 Thread Fifa12_logo

•FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
•The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
•FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
•Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
•AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
•OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
•The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
•Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
•The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
•There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.

The defensive game has also been reworked. Pressing the A or X button no longer sees tacklers home in on attackers - instead they'll hold off to "contain" opponents, leaving it up to you to tweak your position and time the final tackle just right.

"EA's hoping that by making defensive play more strategic, even nil-nil draws will be gripping," says the mag.

There's also a bit more info on Precision Dribbling (hinted towards in April), which will allow players to really slow down the pace with increased control being the reward.

OXM says: "Being able to hold up play until your team-mates provide options makes holding onto the ball a much more viable tactic."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Official FIFA 12 Thread Empty Re: Official FIFA 12 Thread

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 pm

From this trailer i can conclude that this will be great FIFA 12..i play now PES 11 and i am satisfied but i hate that updates
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:14 pm

PES 12 looks pretty good too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:41 pm

The defensive game has also been reworked. Pressing the A or X button no longer sees tacklers home in on attackers - instead they'll hold off to "contain" opponents, leaving it up to you to tweak your position and time the final tackle just right.

Oh huzzah. I was getting pretty sick of just having to hold down A to tackle people. It was just too easy.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Oh huzzah. I was getting pretty sick of just having to hold down A to tackle people. It was just too easy.

True, half the time I don't even press A, just run into them and it makes the tackle.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 pm

so this is the "how do we make barca better" year?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:53 pm

dmize wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

True, half the time I don't even press A, just run into them and it makes the tackle.

And knock them on their arse at the same time.

The new "tactical defending" looks encouraging. Hopefully the success rate and frequency of AI tackles is also decreased so I can actually play a measured game of football without being taken out every two seconds.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 pm

cyberman wrote:so this is the "how do we make barca better" year?

lmao, so true cheers
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 pm

to make barca better, they would have to change the whole scheme of the game.

which consists of fast counter attacks to the max.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:10 am

It's good that their trying to make it realistic though. FIFA 11 is 80% speed and strength along with counter-attacks.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:11 pm

yeah tbh Barca is shit in fifa 11 because most people cant use their passing skill and skill moves to their maximum potential

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The dizz Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:41 pm

it looks great, which are the 3 new arena by any chance? i hope its

1.juventus arena
2.white hart lane
3.napoli-fiorentina-palermo
The dizz
The dizz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:23 pm

So far I think it's Ibrox and WHL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:59 pm

one thing they need to bring back is the ability to mix a teams kits.. so you could choose between their jerseys, shorts, and socks
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:one thing they need to bring back is the ability to mix a teams kits.. so you could choose between their jerseys, shorts, and socks

THIS!!

Im fed up of being Juve vs ALL the other teams in italy with black and white kits and a plain white away kits..

sometimes its irritating when choosing the kits when both teams home and away kit look simerlar..
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:17 pm

They need to fix referees, offside rules, fouls/slide tackles and the advantage rule.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 pm

the ai also they always seem to make that pin-point tackle & the way they pressure you is horrendous

dribbling needs to be fixed also there should be a flashy dribbler (Ronaldo, Neymar) & direct dribbler (Messi, Robben)
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:46 pm

In career mode I've seen random 2-3 star team players do 5 star skills... The most skills teams at that rating should have is step overs from the wingers occasionally.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 pm

speaking of career mode it needs a massive overhaul

- player growth
- i miss my scouting Sad
- trophy celebrations
- ability to change a players market value (sometimes I want to sell an aging star but NOBODY comes with offers because he costs too much)
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:10 pm

1] I hate player growth.

I play youth players on a rotation policy, with players like Lukaku [Razz] as the league's top scorer YET their overall goes down.

From my experience, the only players safe from a decreasing overall is keeping them in the starting XI.

I also hate the fact that in order for the youth players to hit 70 or more, you actually have to play them for around 4 seasons. I tried loaning them out every single season but growth was minimal. I played McEachran week in and out and he still haven't reached 80 for 6 seasons now.

I'd love an option where they will be actively playing in the Reserve League and thus their overall not decreasing if I don't play them

2] I also hate with a passion the ability of the AI to be unplayable at times. A hard day at office and cooling off on FIFA ain't a good idea. If they want, I'd be struggling against teams like PSV and Besiktas who seems to win the ball every single time, make pin point tackles, gains a foul whenever I try to get it back... or maybe I just suck, but hey Razz

3] The passing feels like its made by Apple and their control freaks. It feels like we are forced to play and pass the way the producers want. 90% of the time the opponent will win the corner and we are tortured by the repetitive irritating mocking by Andy Gray and Co. This, and passing receiving is awful at times. Especially at the attacking third, whenever I pass the ball the player in front would make a run away from it towards the goal and not towards the ball.

4] Sure, chip goals are way too easy in FIFA10 and an improvement is called for. But making them next to impossible? I do score chips from time to time but the predictable powerless chip shots in FIFA11 is very frustrating

5] Why can't FIFA take FM for example and integrate media interactions to make MM more realistic rather than making Barca better and better every year?

/rant
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:16 pm

I just remembered some more points

6] I won the all possible trophies for 2 seasons in a row and the only offer I receive is from Tottenham.. FML

7] Transfers sucks. We don't even have an option of getting someone on loan and we can't even sell superstars cos no one can afford them. IIRC, player retirements aren't notified. They are just..gone.

Well I can go on [actually no I think I've ran out of points] and on but this is the only video game I play daily and will probably get FIFA12 when its released. One thing is changed though, I won't be fooled by the little improvements with big names that EA gives to sound cool. Impact Engine.. meh
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:43 pm

I've got a solution to all your problems:

Play Football Manager Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:22 am

roman.abramovich wrote:1] I hate player growth.

I play youth players on a rotation policy, with players like Lukaku [Razz] as the league's top scorer YET their overall goes down.

From my experience, the only players safe from a decreasing overall is keeping them in the starting XI.

I also hate the fact that in order for the youth players to hit 70 or more, you actually have to play them for around 4 seasons. I tried loaning them out every single season but growth was minimal. I played McEachran week in and out and he still haven't reached 80 for 6 seasons now.

I'd love an option where they will be actively playing in the Reserve League and thus their overall not decreasing if I don't play them

I dislike it to. It got to the point where I just didn't bother developing players, which is unfortunate since I like nothing better then to make young players improve.

2] I also hate with a passion the ability of the AI to be unplayable at times. A hard day at office and cooling off on FIFA ain't a good idea. If they want, I'd be struggling against teams like PSV and Besiktas who seems to win the ball every single time, make pin point tackles, gains a foul whenever I try to get it back... or maybe I just suck, but hey Razz

I know the feeling. Sometimes nothing just goes you way, especially refereeing decisions. Apparently pressure is being toned down on FIFA12, so maybe we'll see less fouls that way. As a counter-balance, they're re-introducing a seperate button for tackle. So pressure and tackle aren't mapped to the same button anymore. I can imagine conceding a lot of fouls due to shoddy timing.

3] The passing feels like its made by Apple and their control freaks. It feels like we are forced to play and pass the way the producers want. 90% of the time the opponent will win the corner and we are tortured by the repetitive irritating mocking by Andy Gray and Co. This, and passing receiving is awful at times. Especially at the attacking third, whenever I pass the ball the player in front would make a run away from it towards the goal and not towards the ball.

I recommend full manual controls. You'll have total freedom of pass direction and power that way. It's difficult and takes time to get used to, but ultimately worth it.

AI runs apparently haven't been changed that much for FIFA12, according to those who've played the alpha build. Which is a shame, because I grow tired of having my team mate making the wrong runs.

PES has actually improved dramatically in this area.

4] Sure, chip goals are way too easy in FIFA10 and an improvement is called for. But making them next to impossible? I do score chips from time to time but the predictable powerless chip shots in FIFA11 is very frustrating

I've scored a fair few chips, though with some difficulty. On manual controls, you can lob the keeper with Square/X. A skillful players sometimes does it was a robana; looks cool, though it's unrealistic.

5] Why can't FIFA take FM for example and integrate media interactions to make MM more realistic rather than making Barca better and better every year?

/rant

It's a game for the casual gamers. They probably don't want to waste time on a feature that will be time consuming and annoying. It's like that on FM as well, though there are benefits for attending press conferences and such.

Personally, I'd rather they focus on dramatically improving career mode.

Well I can go on [actually no I think I've ran out of points] and on but this is the only video game I play daily and will probably get FIFA12 when its released. One thing is changed though, I won't be fooled by the little improvements with big names that EA gives to sound cool. Impact Engine.. meh

Someone who has played FIFA12 reported that, aesthetically, the impact engine looks great but it comes with off the ball collisions. So you've basically got players theatrically colliding with each other off the ball when they shouldn't be. Neutral

I echo your sentiment, though. I'm going to hold off buying FIFA until I get a good idea on what's improved and whatnot. I've actually been more impressed with PES so far.

I've got a solution to all your problems:

Play Football Manager

This. Very Happy

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:27 am

Pes has become boring all the players dribble the same style unless u add the speed merchant card or darting run. When the players run without these cards, u can feel that they are running in 2d lol.

I am gonna get fifa 11 for the summer and Fifa 12 later on.

•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next