aford92
S
rwo power
Lord Awesome
Giovanni10
31 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Delusional protesting of player bias - Page 7 Empty Re: Delusional protesting of player bias

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
aford92 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
aford92 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:First of all Gil his Lyon goals were hardly better than the ones he scored in Madrid.

Second of all I don't know what you mean by ruined? he had a first bad season, but that was the past he is a much better player now.

Also Aford no one said Benz is good as R9, he just compared his style to his.

He should score more than 30 goals because he plays for Real madrid??? Do you know that Ronaldo scored 53 goals? and to get the amount of goals he did in the same team as Ronaldo is great.

Real Madrid is not the only big club with good service you know. Why didn't Villa, Drogba, Toress etc.. score more?

Villa was played on the wing and the service at Chelsea is nowhere near the service at Madrid.

Ronaldo was played on the wing.

So why was Drogba EPL top scorer the season before?

Ronaldo was always a winger he is used to playing there and is also the 2nd best player in the world. Drogba was top scorer because his style of play fitted in very well to Chelsea's style play that season.

R9 in his first season scored 30 then 31 then 24. Benz is not too far off in terms of goals scored. Your argument that Benz should score more is flawed.

Benzema 1st season 9 in 33 Ronaldo 1st season 30 in 44
2nd season 26 in 48 Ronaldo 2nd season 31 in 48

Please explain to me how that is not too far off. Also when Ronaldo was playing La Liga was much more competitive, RM and Barca didn't just steamroller everyone, Valencia won the league and Sociedad nearly won it one year. Better competition and more goals.

aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Delusional protesting of player bias - Page 7 Empty Re: Delusional protesting of player bias

Post by Keyzar Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Stating the fact is not being delusional, Frimpong is the current best player in the world, learn to deal with it :coffee:
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Gil clearly doesn't know what happened to Benzema.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Benzema's first season was a bad season for him the real Benz we know is the one of the second half of last season (26) compared to R9s (31).

You are trying to put Benz down in every way. I mean scoring 26 goals is great whether you like it or not. Not every player can do that. If you think Benz only scores tap ins then well what can I say.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I would adjust for inflation.

The increase in the number of goals is IMO due to the decrease in competition. I would count goals against bottom half as half goals. Goals against top half as regular goals, and goals against top teams (Europe) as two goals. Only then can you get an actual picture of the level compared to back then when about 8 teams gave Madrid hell.

Do you adjust for inflation when Serie A is weaker now ? :coffee:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Also Aford do you consider Higuain to be good?

Well he isn't actually coz he only scored 28 goals therefor he is crap, overated and can only score tap ins.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Delusional protesting of player bias - Page 7 I_Love_Disco
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Also Aford do you consider Higuain to be good?

Well he isn't actually coz he only scored 28 goals therefor he is crap, overated and can only score tap ins.

You have to adjust some of the goals because of inflation they are 1/2 goals now. Very Happy

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Can't be arsed to search for more but YouTube is your friend.

Magricos wrote: Gil clearly doesn't know what happened to Benzema.

:facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:10 pm

your first two videos are the same goal and the one vs Sevilla is better.

Also he scored a screamer that doesn't mean he scored better goals.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Oliver Kahn is the best keeper in history (Lav Yashin who?)
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Ronaldo scored 34 goals in 37 games in his first season in La Liga Smile
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Gil are you retarded you said RM spoiled Benzema and it is known that he gained weight and he was partying when he came to Madrid so clearly you didn't know.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 pm

No I think Higuain is good. He is much more clinical.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Magricos wrote: Gil are you retarded you said RM spoiled Benzema and it is known that he gained weight and he was partying when he came to Madrid so clearly you didn't know.
no need for insults
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:14 pm

aford92 wrote:

No I think Higuain is good. He is much more clinical.
benz is a better all around player though
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Ganso wrote:
Magricos wrote: Gil are you retarded you said RM spoiled Benzema and it is known that he gained weight and he was partying when he came to Madrid so clearly you didn't know.
no need for insults

What insult ? :coffee:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Crimson wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Crimson wrote:For my mind not even in the best 10 keepers of all time, not even the best German keeper of all time
Well, I would put him in the Top 10. Best German keeper - well Sepp Maier was just great, too. ^^ Too bad he got injured in that accident and never recovered.

Over who? imo he is not any better than these keepers

Zoff
Yashin
Zamora
Buffon
Casillas
Maier
Banks
Tomaszewski
Zubizarreta
Schmeichel
VDS
Combi
Jennings

Thats 13 keepers better than Kahn without even thinking....

+1 for Tomaszewski - A legendary goalkeeper!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:29 am

Magricos wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:I would adjust for inflation.

The increase in the number of goals is IMO due to the decrease in competition. I would count goals against bottom half as half goals. Goals against top half as regular goals, and goals against top teams (Europe) as two goals. Only then can you get an actual picture of the level compared to back then when about 8 teams gave Madrid hell.

Do you adjust for inflation when Serie A is weaker now ? Delusional protesting of player bias - Page 7 2859867778

If it was then I would, but the fact in the matter that it is not.

The levels between the top teams and the lower teams is not much which is what matters when doing it. Unlike La Liga. I would adjust for inflation for Inter in the first three years after Calcipoli because they were in a different level
but now all teams are similar in level that the odds of big teams losing are small. Unlike La Liga.

If you think La Liga now is in the same level of La Liga in the 2000's then you are being delusional.

Funny how Serie A is weak when two different teams have won the CL in the last 5 years. La Liga is a two horse race, with one horse running by himself.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:44 am

So you think Serie A has the same strength as 10 years ago. The big teams in Serie A are not consistent.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:56 am

Magricos wrote:So you think Serie A has the same strength as 10 years ago. The big teams in Serie A are not consistent.

I am judging the strength of the league based on the difference between the levels of the teams.

Let me rephrase, the closer the level between the teams are, the harder it is to score, therefore the league is more difficult. I would say now, Serie A is as difficult as 10 years ago, although I would count goals against the bottom 5 as half goals as well. The difficulty in La Liga is however less than 10 years ago.

But it is not only La Liga, I would say the Premier League gets 7-8 teams that would count as half goals. The level between clubs is getting bigger, while the level between nations is getting smaller.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:58 am

Keep on counting it as half goals then the rest of us will just count it as goals.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:02 am

So you are saying scoring now for Benzema is as difficult it was for Ronaldo to score.

Sorry, but that is delusional. Just as everything in life, you need to account for the difference in history when making comparisons. You don't compare the improvement of the rights of Women in the 20th century to the improvement of the rights of Women in the Roman empire without adding historical context.

The level in the competition have went down the drain, and the difference between the teams is astronomical. To treat it as if it were the same is delusional at best.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:32 am

How is what Gil saying wrong?

Benz at Lyon was going to be the next superstar of football, I remember him saying how he wants to win Ballon D'Ors and be the best player in the world. When he said that, it wasnt outrageous, he looked like he had the ability to do that.

Now there is an argument between him or Higuain statrting...Higuain is great and all..but Higuain...

If he went to Man Utd, I think he would of been better right now, better taken care of.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:41 am

The Franchise wrote:How is what Gil saying wrong?

Benz at Lyon was going to be the next superstar of football, I remember him saying how he wants to win Ballon D'Ors and be the best player in the world. When he said that, it wasnt outrageous, he looked like he had the ability to do that.

Now there is an argument between him or Higuain statrting...Higuain is great and all..but Higuain...

If he went to Man Utd, I think he would of been better right now, better taken care of.

Higuain is on fire at the moment. Don't tell me that Higuain at this form wouldn't start a argument of whos the next benchwarmer in any team in this form, only exceptions are Messi and CR. Higuains finishing is just absolutely demolishing at this moment. His runs are also out of this world.

I agree with Gil that he might have looked like the more explosive player in Lyon, but Higuain benching someone isn't unusual. In the end it seems like mentality and workrate wins. Benz defiently has the talent but he can get lazy, unfocused compared to Higuain that will always give his highest and Higuains goalscoring can match the likes of CR and Messi (IMO)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:46 am

If Benz was the Ballon Dor level he seemed like he was going to be, it doesnt matter what Higuain would be doing, because he would be better anyway.

We know Higuain has qualities, but this argument was happening long before this recent run of form from him.

Its not about current level, people genuinely dont know who to play and who is better. If Benz was the Benz people thought he was going to be, this argument wouldnt even exist.

Its not a knock on him or Higuain to say that, its simply true that while Benz is doing well, people expected even more.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next