jibers
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
alexjanosik
Khaled
54 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 7 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:30 am

meh dont mind that, 2016 he'll be 36, and should call it a day anyways.
most legends don't retire at a big clubs.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 7 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:09 am

I really hope he stays at Barca. Wouldn't feel right seeing him anywhere else.

As for being a manager, he's exhibit A of the type of player to become a manager. I'd be surprised if he doesn't become one. His reading and understanding of the game is incredible, he's worked under some brilliant minds and he is obsessed with the game and the Barca philosophy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, and Messi in the FIFA XI Smile
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Xavi agrees to join New York Red Bulls after the World Cup, according to Sky Italia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:35 pm

He would never leave if we didn't lineup the appropriate successor (which Cesc isn't). In other words:

"Barcelona met several times with the agents (his father and uncle) of Dortmund's Ilkay Gundogan (23). They want him to replace Xavi." [bild]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:57 am

His level is so high above any body else in the MLS it's not even funny. It would be sad, really. He's one of my favorites of all time, and I would of wished nothing more than instead of him leaving us, that he instead became Barca B coach with the intention of moving him to coach the first team in the future. He's too good for the MLS Sad
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:09 am

He'll come back and take a management role in Barca when he's done over there (IF he goes), I can guarantee that.

But it just doesn't feel right if Xavi doesn't retire here. It's almost like Abidal not retiring here, except this one would feel even worse Sad

He would never leave if we didn't lineup the appropriate successor (which Cesc isn't). In other words:

"Barcelona met several times with the agents (his father and uncle) of Dortmund's Ilkay Gundogan (23). They want him to replace Xavi." [bild]

I haven't watched him consistently enough to really properly judge, but from what I have seen, I really like him. I'd say he's probably the next best replacement behind Thiago. Someone will have to remind me again why we let him leave, though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:29 am

That would be incredible for mls. He can still play at a much higher level than that
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:40 am

Gundogan is very different than Thiago. I actually think Thiago would of been better to succeed Iniesta while Gudogan could succeed Xavi. Gudogan is ask only like 22-23. I would highly welcome him here IF he's healthy. He's been out forever with some mysterious injury to his back no one wants to say
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:58 am

Gündogan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^9000 Alc*ntara.

Anyway. Xavi giving DEM throughballs to Henry again. Proud

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 am

Gündogan indeed would be the perfect choice for you. I'd kind of like him to stay at Dortmund, but then an opportunity as attractive as following Xavi in Barca's midfield will not present itself to him again, I guess.

The big if, as windkick writes, is indeed when he will actually be playing and finding form again, he's really been out for quite long now.
He's been insanely good last year, question is what and how long it will take for him to reach that level again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Xavi 700th appearance for Barcelona
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Xavi :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 pm

if he comes to Mls he could retire at 38 lol
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:59 pm

In a year or two Samper will probably be ready to start backing up the "Xavi role" and we will have our motor boat Rafinha back next season. Our midfield is in good hands for years to come.

Nothing would please me more than to keep Xavi one more year; if we can limit his minutes with Gundogan arriving then he should still be able to perform. Similar to the way we are using Puyol this season
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:32 am

Xavi is staying, any thing else is BULLSHIT!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:35 am

The former Spain international Juan Manuel Asensi was also the first coach Xavi Hernández had in the youth sides at Barça. Now as the midfielder completes his 700th official match with the club, the coach has been looking back on the role he played in the player's development.

"After so many years I can say that I was lucky enough to have Xavi in the youth levels at Barça. It is an honour to have been involved with this little guy who has achieved so much", he said.

"In the history of Barcelona, there has never been or will there ever be a player like Xavi, nor in all of Spain. And he has Iniesta next to him. Xavi has some qualities that Iniesta does not have and vice versa, but there will never be another player like Xavi".

Asensi was speaking on the local Catalan TV show La Xarxa where he could not help but heap praise on the Barca player: "Xavi should have won one or two Ballón d'Ors; he deserved them, but after seeing this year's award you begin to have doubts about it. They should have given it to Ribéry for all he has done in 2013, but with the campaign in favour of Cristiano Ronaldo... I've never seen anything like that campaign before for a player to win an award".

The former Barcelona great made it clear that for him "Messi is the best in the world, without a doubt. But he has had various injuries and Ribéry has won three titles," he went on to argue.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:13 am

Graham Hunter: "Xavi was the one that went to Martino and said that 'some of what you're doing, we understand. But we're losing our positional play and the elements that make us special. We need to retrench to what makes us good and differentiates us from other sides. And Martino listened and now there isn't a confrontational situation.'"

http://www.newstalk.ie/Is-Xavi-on-his-way-out-of-Barcelona

It was always going to be Xavi the one that fixed our style Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:16 am

Pique posted this picture on Facebook after Xavi's 700th game.

Spoiler:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:16 am

I knew Xavi would be the first to feel the frustration Laughing Said that even before I saw Martino's plans.

Glad he did it in the right way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 am

I believe he also felt the same about Spain in the Confed Cup and told Del Bosque, but he didn't listen and look what happen.

Xavi: "Linked with New York teams? I didn't get any offer, Henry didn't call me. All I know about New York is that it's cold there now."

Xavi: "My only objective now is to retire at Barça, although I'm aware it could be difficult because of the high level required." [md]

Last edited by Winter is Coming on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:27 am

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 7 Xkil
El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 7 1501137_10152169029200763_1603163208_o
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:05 am

The Franchise wrote:I knew Xavi would be the first to feel the frustration Laughing Said that even before I saw Martino's plans.

Glad he did it in the right way.
Yeah it was obvious, he's the most Cruyffist player in the squad.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:41 am

2 Copa del Rey? Thought he had won more
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Thierry Henry has urged former Barcelona team-mate Xavi to stay with the club until he retires from football.

Xavi has spent his entire professional career at Camp Nou and made his 700th appearance for the Catalan club in Thursday's Copa del Rey win over Getafe.

However, the Spain midfielder, whose contract expires in June 2016, has been linked with a move to MLS franchise New York Red Bulls, who Henry joined from Barca in 2010.

However, Henry believes the 33-year-old would be best served by spending the remainder of his playing days at Barca.

"Xavi can do whatever he wants," Henry said at a promotional event for Puma in Barcelona on Friday.

"For me, given everything he has done for football and Barcelona, he should stay there and spend the rest of his life at Barca.

"Xavi can play in the MLS, in France, England, or in my neighbourhood. I think he's an incredible player. People just don't realise what Xavi has done on the pitch."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next