TalkingReckless
Blondie
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The New York Red Bulls Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The New York Red Bulls Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Apparently the Red Bulls coach and BWP were unaware that the yellow card he got would have him suspended for the second leg.

Can't make this stuff up. lol

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:00 pm

lmfao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:02 am

Lack of BWP....
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:05 pm

I suppose its unfortunate that the coaching staff and players themselves were apparently unaware of the rules, that everyone else was aware of. BWP should have been more careful. Such a dumb way to lose a series.

And honestly what a terrible way for Henry to close out his career here. Out of all the DPs that have come from overseas, he deserved to go all the way and win a title the most.

There have been so many European stars that have come over and acted atrociously. Henry was never seen hanging out with the royal family, doing photo shoots when he was supposed to be at games or training with the team. He never forced extended loan moves overseas well after the season had started and ended up "injured". He took this league and his team seriously, and I and other fans of this league can't thank him enough for what he's done here.

Though what a disgrace of an ownership Red Bull really are. To have such a high quality dedicated star and leader and do nothing to help send him off with a title. They got lucky that BWP, a third division son of a great turned out to be a stud, they got lucky that Henry completely changed the way hes played his entire career, so effectively, for the sake of the team or else they wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

But now that he's gone I'd say its the end of an era for NYRB. Henry will be gone, and I think Cahill will be sold too. Austria doesn't care about this team anymore, so I expect they will operate it as cheaply as possible as they dump their resources into Leipzig.

With so much coming off the books I think maybe they'll bring in some random DP in the 800k range, from south america or something. And MAYBE they'll DP BWP, but that will only happen if they are forced to in case some teams from England come knocking and they have to overpay just to keep him.

I think this team will just be blown up now with very few faces returning and they will try to operate for as little money as possible. Its really sad that it has come to this but all signs are pointing that way.

Some will point to that this is the right direction to go, or that they are being "smart" about this. But to me tanking is not something that has been proven to be effective in MLS like it has been in other leagues. There really is no reason or excuse for this team and ownership to be heading in this direction, in this market, with NYCFC on the way.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Henry's official statement:

I am taking this opportunity to announce that unfortunately Saturday was my last game for the New York Red Bulls. The decision has always been that I would leave after the duration of my contract and although that was never going to change, I didn't want it to distract from the progress of the team.

I have immensely enjoyed my four and half years here and would like to thank everyone involved with this club who has made my time here so enjoyable.

Thanks must go particularly to Erik Soler, Hans Backe, Gerard Houllier, Andy Roxburgh, Mike Petke, all my team mates, the technical staff, medical staff, all the personnel who work for the Redbull organisation, the MLS and of course the owner Mr Mateschitz whose vision and passion brought me to this wonderful city.

A special mention must go to the Redbull fans who have supported this team through the good, the bad and the ugly times in the sun, rain and snow. You guys have really meant a lot to me and thank you for all your wonderful support.

I will now take the next few weeks to reflect and decide on the next chapter of my career.

Thank you all

Thierry Henry
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Disappointed to see him go, especially without a season or post-season title to his name, but so very happy he opted to play in MLS at all. I really was hoping to see a Red Bulls-Galaxy final to ensure that we would be guaranteed to see at least one of the greats go out with a victory. Ah well, New England's phoenix-esque rise from last season's ashes is a fantastic story all it's own.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:47 am

He's done so much for MLS as a whole. The amount of people I know who started following NYRB and even MLS since he came is quite A LOT(including me).

Even if he is gone, I will still follow the club.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:08 pm

So the news is NYRB wants to take Gerrard. Probably to replace Henry's presence. Would be insane if NYRB can pull it off.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Omg please. That would be amazing

He could easily slot into Henry's role as a roaming attacking mid
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Lampard vs Gerrard, MLS edition. What an epic derby that would be
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Gerrard has no interest in moving to MLS. It's not happening.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:22 am

So...Who does NYRB replace Henry with?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:09 am

Dream big

Pirlo
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:11 am

RedOranje wrote:Gerrard has no interest in moving to MLS. It's not happening.

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:52 pm

Cahill has left the New York Red Bulls.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Yea, I guess it was mainly due to Henry retiring and the club showing no signs of improving the squad.

Defence remains a problem. Midfield remains a problem. BWP is the only reliable goal scorer now. Creativity is gone with Henry. Leadership is gone with Henry.

No idea how Kljeston is going to turn out. Don't think there will be any DP coming in. Di Natale could fix many issues but can't see NYRB paying that much.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:14 am

did any of you see the video of the club town hall meeting they had a few weeks back Laughing

pure gold Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:53 am

The red bulls need to sign a top CB and a creative, dynamic attacking midfielder or winger or else they are probably going to be terrible honestly

Idk what this ownership is doing. Or how they are allowed to run this way. The town hall was hilarious but also sad because of how true and deserved the frustration was. Like how the **** do you Fire petke. A metro legend who led the team to their first ever trophy. Got them to the eastern conference finals ever AND, this is important. Their first EVER play off win against their absolute most hated rivals DC United. Wtf does the guy have to do.

I love BWP but he isn't very clinical at all. He scored a lot of goals but Henry provided an absurd amount of chances for him. And this team is about as creative as a new NBC sitcom without Henry. it seems like everyone is being set up for failure here. Players, coaches, fans. Wtf.

They have such an opportunity to stick it to the new club coming to town, a chance to show they are the metropolitan soccer club, but have shown no guts. No local pride, and no real vision of goal on how to handle the club properly as MLS grows and expands
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:11 am

I heard the Red Bull was looking to sell, hence why there seems to be no interest in investment

and by that town hall that took place most fans will be happy to see the back of Red Bull
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7