Juventus' Antonio Conte: Milos Krasic & Giorgio Chiellini are fundamental to the club

5 posters

Go down

Juventus' Antonio Conte: Milos Krasic & Giorgio Chiellini are fundamental to the club Empty Juventus' Antonio Conte: Milos Krasic & Giorgio Chiellini are fundamental to the club

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:24 am

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has defended under-fire duo Milos Krasic and Giorgio Chiellini following Saturday's disappointing draw at home to Genoa in Serie A.

Juve led twice through a brace from Alessandro Matri, but were pegged back on each occasion by strikes from first Marco Rossi and then Andrea Caracciolo five minutes from time.

Krasic was unconvincing once more, while Chiellini was at fault in the build-up to both goals, but Conte says the two are "fundamental" to Juventus' hopes of success and claims he is responsible for getting the best out of the duo.

"A coach must get the maximum from his players, especially when they are going through a difficult moment, like Krasic and Chiellini," Conte said at a press conference ahead of Tuesday night's mouth-watering match against Fiorentina.

"They are two fundamental players and if we start to question two players like them, I will start to become anxious; it becomes a problem when we start to doubt players like Chiellini - for me he is a guarantee."

Conte also revealed that he will call on some psychology to get the best out of his stars, who remain unbeaten but have now drawn four of their last five Serie A fixtures to drop to third place.

"I must do a great job technically, tactically and also psychologically," he explained.

"I speak to some players more than I speak to my mother and father, depending on what is necessary."

One player unlikely to feature any time soon is goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, who remains sidelined with a shoulder problem.

"The physiotherapy is ongoing," Conte advised.

"The medical team will make their evaluations, but he will tell me when he is ready."

Striker Fabio Quagliarella is ready to return, however, and could feature against Fiorentina on Tuesday. That game kicks off at 20:45 (CET) at Juventus Stadium.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like if this is to be believed, Conte has faith in Krasic. He doesn't view him as a sub after all. But he best get his Physcological job done soon!

I suppose you know he cares about his players when he speaks to some of them "More than his parents." Razz Razz Razz
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus' Antonio Conte: Milos Krasic & Giorgio Chiellini are fundamental to the club Empty Re: Juventus' Antonio Conte: Milos Krasic & Giorgio Chiellini are fundamental to the club

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:15 am

And Quagliarella ? Honestly, hate to be rude, but I do not feel Krasic is really fundamental in comparison to a guy like Chiellini, but he is a leading winger, mind you.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus' Antonio Conte: Milos Krasic & Giorgio Chiellini are fundamental to the club Empty Re: Juventus' Antonio Conte: Milos Krasic & Giorgio Chiellini are fundamental to the club

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:17 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:And Quagliarella ? Honestly, hate to be rude, but I do not feel Krasic is really fundamental in comparison to a guy like Chiellini, but he is a leading winger, mind you.

No I agree, I noticed Quag is not getting a mention. And Chiellini is more important than Krasic although when Krasic is on form he can win games. Like the Lazio injury time winner Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 am

TomJuve wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:And Quagliarella ? Honestly, hate to be rude, but I do not feel Krasic is really fundamental in comparison to a guy like Chiellini, but he is a leading winger, mind you.

No I agree, I noticed Quag is not getting a mention. And Chiellini is more important than Krasic although when Krasic is on form he can win games. Like the Lazio injury time winner Laughing

Agreed. But when I think of fundamental, I think of players that help others around them and are necessary to make the engine function. When Krasic is on form, he is great, but does he inspire others ? Maybe, maybe not.

People I see as fundamental:
Buffon - controls and organizes the defence.
Giorgione - does the same. He is also a brick-wall and does everything right...usually.
Marchisio - the heart of Juventus. Plain and simple.
Alessandro Del Piero - used to be Sad he was the leader, the example, the role model, and the most talented player on the pitch.

Love my team<3. Always will.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:32 am

In a 4-2-4 Krasic is fundamental, Krasic is the best winger on the team.
In other formations, Krasic's importance is less and less but he has the ability to be a fundamental player always.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:33 am

Luca wrote:In a 4-2-4 Krasic is fundamental, Krasic is the best winger on the team.
In other formations, Krasic's importance is less and less but he has the ability to be a fundamental player always.

Well I mean he is a talent, no doubt, but when I think fundamental, I tend to think more of "what player if Juventus lost would they never be able to gain back ?" I think if Krasic left, another winger could be brought in, though he will not be Krasic.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:35 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Luca wrote:In a 4-2-4 Krasic is fundamental, Krasic is the best winger on the team.

Well I mean he is a talent, no doubt, but when I think fundamental, I tend to think more of "what player if Juventus lost would they never be able to gain back ?" I think if Krasic left, another winger could be brought in, though he will not be Krasic.

Hmmm... yes, currently that is true but thinking about Krasic the first half of last season, he was a game changer. He can be a game changer.
He just is not consistent, if he was consistently at his best he is certainly fundamental.

Right now, I see Pirlo, Marchisio, Chiellini, Buffon as fundamental players. Maybe Vidal too just because I love what he does.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:55 am

I remember this...

Quag: "Aguero? Aguero is a great player, but you got me"
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:27 am

already posted
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down