SamuelJayC
Jay29
REWB
Arquitecto
10 posters

Go down

Redemption; Resurgence; Resurrection Empty Redemption; Resurgence; Resurrection

Post by Arquitecto Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:00 pm

I can go on, I can go on and on about the finer points of the match, the build-up, the mistakes, the heroics.

I want to speak to you Gooners of what I have been asking of you men for months and that is simply patience and foresight past the circumstance, and past the mainstream medium of opinion and analysis.

I won't lie, I DID NOT expect Arsenal to win this game. In fact I bet 45 Euros' against Arsenal with the odds down by the local bookie beside my local tapas' bar.

Did I do it out of cynicism of and negativity? No, as much as I speak about the slow but steady rise of Arsenal from the ashes, I simply did not think they were ready for this type of match and at a stadio that they fear possibly the most (despite the dull as processed cheese atmosphere of Chelsea.)

Do I regret the loss of money? Not a single worth. All of you here know my external love for Wenger's team outside my very own teams.

Back to the point as I will make it short for brevity's sake, I predicted Wenger's line-up correct as I feel he can be predictable with his squad line-ups and the line-up that I actually predicted included players I did not want, it had Walcott who has been frustrating to watch for me yet as you know, my pleas for him to go central was not done as seeing him in his same external position brought irritation at Arsene cause I have rather been critical of Theo. It included the ever so slow and cumbersome Djorou as the previous comment describes him when playing as a fullback.

Simply put, I wanted lazy but creative Arshavin or Oxlaide in theo's position.

Gervinho I was fine with simply because his partnership is superb with RVGOD.

The sight of seeing Djorou stupendously out of position and wandering off brought my blood to a boil. The sight of Santos' impatience, lack of disicipline to the tackle along with his unfit movement to cover the Chelsea attack was even worse considering he IS actually a fullback.

When the first goal came, I tried my best to console the gooners around me as I felt this was inevitable and predicted a poor result for the Gunners.

But I was wrong.

Once again, where do I start?

-I did not predict the sheer calm under pressure from the first goal as seconds before I predicted Gervinho to squander the chance but little did I know to remember the understanding between him and RVGOD.

- I did not predict Song making a Rivera-esque pass to Santos who actually showed that he can redeem himself.

--Walcott, oh boy theo walcott who I was nagging and complaining about starting completely shut me, his detractors/media/critics up with a razor wire with his 2 superbly created chances and his Roberto Baggio-esque goal.

-I did not predict RVGOD destroying the highline of the naive AVB and calmly slotting the goal past Cech as his expression was of one who spends a lazy sunday watching t.v during the goal as so nonchalant it was, my admiration for the man even grew stronger.

-I did not expect the scintillating counter-attack triggered by Rosicky's immediate presence and class with RVGOD hitting the ball with the fury of a norse hammer.

Christ, as I write this, I want to express every moment of frustration, jubilant, and pure awe I felt during this match.

I want to express how I felt towards Santos and Djorou imitating Giuseppe Favalli against Antonio Valencia during this match. And how they caused the Kos-Per partnership to weaken due to both CBs losing their confidence in the fullbacks (reason for Per's mistakes btw)

-I want to express how I feel RVGOD is the captain Arsenal were yearning for and simply how unbelievably talismanic he is for his as I could not describe the admiration flowing through me for him during this match.

-I want to express how Theo shut me up.

-How Gervinho is improving day by day with his decision making and vision

-How Arteta is so underrated for his distribution, organizational play, sheer calm under pressure and possession and how he is the man behind the curtain behind Arsenal's midfield play as displayed today

-How Ramsey has won my admiration day by day as in this match despite not being as influential as usual in this match, his decisiveness, sheer quality, intelligence and confidence under such a big game cemented how I feel he is the future for your team

-How the Kos-Per Partnership is a duo forged into a partnership of pure understanding, chemistry, intelligence and acknowledgment of each others mistakes (and how to cover for them).

-How Mertesacker despite his iffy marking of Lamps and Terry, how he has proven he can withstand even the best of attacks and that he did. His mistakes were due to external factors, yet his leadership, command and defense was immense.

-How LK has developed into one of the most intelligent CBs in the world and is simply a joy to watch with his class and quality. Seriously, I always defended this man and it brought some emotion in myself watching him succeed so well. This man was my MOTM. Despite, RVP, Song or anyone else. He is a gem of a player. Shame on some of you for doubting him.

-How Song has evolved from a reliable DM into a DM who actually possesses composure on the ball and vision to back it up. Yes, his passing may be off at times, yes his forrays forward may leave you open, but understand the talent behind what he possesses in attack as this is why Wenger allows him to attack when he does as AW sees more then a DM. He sees a man who is capable of being a wall in the mid, and a visionary in the front.

-How the 3 goals were because of:

-Fullbacks incompatence
-Anxiety in set-pieces
-Refereeing as Mata's goal was unjustified considering Santos was clearly fouled.

I'll move on to the bigger picture.

I had been saying that patience is key.

These signings not only have brought new life to Arsenal, but what it really was, is a awakening from Wenger and the new fire inside him to improve upon his mistakes, unleash his all to underrated tactical ability, to forge his team into a team with such self belief, that their opposition are stricken with fear and influenced by the drive and passion that is new.

This match proved that Arsenal are not a one man team as that term doesn't exist with Wenger.

This match proved the character, clutch ability, composure, mentality, guile, and superb mentality that has been given to Arsene's players by the man himself.

Wenger made at least 5 vital tactical changes in the match as I can name 1-2; his counter-pressing to Chelsea's flank attack. His congestion of the midfield to control where Gunner need it most. His dynamic change of the positioning of the Arsenal backline; I could go on.

He was ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON and BRLLIANT. Not convinced? Open your eyes.

This match signified Arsenal's demons have slowly been washed away, it signified the pressure they can take from their rivals who have plagued them for years and in the venue they fear most.

This match was vital for Arsene and Co. and the importance of the win will bring confidence, and knowledge that they have proven themselves.

This match signified that Arsene Wenger is an absolute master-class of a manager who leads a team of players who have undergone a small renaissance and have given themselves a sense of identity, conviciton and direction fueled by guile and years of loss turned into a controlled spring of fury.

And that was channeled onto the pitch tonight.

Really, I'll tell you, the finer points and discussions along with the tactical analysis. But look at the bigger picture.

Few times I support this team like its my own, I could name the match against Barca last year, or Chelsea's.

Today I celebrated the goals as if 'pool or milan scored. And hurt myself badly in the process by hitting my head on a pull up bar.

Congratulations boys, cause this isn't another ordinary superficial big match one and soon to be forgotten match, it was much more and if you fail to see that.... throw yourself of your nearby cliff kindly.

Did anyone expect this? I didn't. But I saw it coming sooner or later as I promised. And all this done with out Sagna and Wilshere. Wow.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Redemption; Resurgence; Resurrection Empty Re: Redemption; Resurgence; Resurrection

Post by REWB Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:12 am

Arquitecto wrote:I can go on, I can go on and on about the finer points of the match, the build-up, the mistakes, the heroics.

I want to speak to you Gooners of what I have been asking of you men for months and that is simply patience and foresight past the circumstance, and past the mainstream medium of opinion and analysis.

I won't lie, I DID NOT expect Arsenal to win this game. In fact I bet 45 Euros' against Arsenal with the odds down by the local bookie beside my local tapas' bar.

Did I do it out of cynicism of and negativity? No, as much as I speak about the slow but steady rise of Arsenal from the ashes, I simply did not think they were ready for this type of match and at a stadio that they fear possibly the most (despite the dull as processed cheese atmosphere of Chelsea.)

Do I regret the loss of money? Not a single worth. All of you here know my external love for Wenger's team outside my very own teams.

Back to the point as I will make it short for brevity's sake, I predicted Wenger's line-up correct as I feel he can be predictable with his squad line-ups and the line-up that I actually predicted included players I did not want, it had Walcott who has been frustrating to watch for me yet as you know, my pleas for him to go central was not done as seeing him in his same external position brought irritation at Arsene cause I have rather been critical of Theo. It included the ever so slow and cumbersome Djorou as the previous comment describes him when playing as a fullback.

Simply put, I wanted lazy but creative Arshavin or Oxlaide in theo's position.

Gervinho I was fine with simply because his partnership is superb with RVGOD.

The sight of seeing Djorou stupendously out of position and wandering off brought my blood to a boil. The sight of Santos' impatience, lack of disicipline to the tackle along with his unfit movement to cover the Chelsea attack was even worse considering he IS actually a fullback.

When the first goal came, I tried my best to console the gooners around me as I felt this was inevitable and predicted a poor result for the Gunners.

But I was wrong.

Once again, where do I start?

-I did not predict the sheer calm under pressure from the first goal as seconds before I predicted Gervinho to squander the chance but little did I know to remember the understanding between him and RVGOD.

- I did not predict Song making a Rivera-esque pass to Santos who actually showed that he can redeem himself.

--Walcott, oh boy theo walcott who I was nagging and complaining about starting completely shut me, his detractors/media/critics up with a razor wire with his 2 superbly created chances and his Roberto Baggio-esque goal.

-I did not predict RVGOD destroying the highline of the naive AVB and calmly slotting the goal past Cech as his expression was of one who spends a lazy sunday watching t.v during the goal as so nonchalant it was, my admiration for the man even grew stronger.

-I did not expect the scintillating counter-attack triggered by Rosicky's immediate presence and class with RVGOD hitting the ball with the fury of a norse hammer.

Christ, as I write this, I want to express every moment of frustration, jubilant, and pure awe I felt during this match.

I want to express how I felt towards Santos and Djorou imitating Giuseppe Favalli against Antonio Valencia during this match. And how they caused the Kos-Per partnership to weaken due to both CBs losing their confidence in the fullbacks (reason for Per's mistakes btw)

-I want to express how I feel RVGOD is the captain Arsenal were yearning for and simply how unbelievably talismanic he is for his as I could not describe the admiration flowing through me for him during this match.

-I want to express how Theo shut me up.

-How Gervinho is improving day by day with his decision making and vision

-How Arteta is so underrated for his distribution, organizational play, sheer calm under pressure and possession and how he is the man behind the curtain behind Arsenal's midfield play as displayed today

-How Ramsey has won my admiration day by day as in this match despite not being as influential as usual in this match, his decisiveness, sheer quality, intelligence and confidence under such a big game cemented how I feel he is the future for your team

-How the Kos-Per Partnership is a duo forged into a partnership of pure understanding, chemistry, intelligence and acknowledgment of each others mistakes (and how to cover for them).

-How Mertesacker despite his iffy marking of Lamps and Terry, how he has proven he can withstand even the best of attacks and that he did. His mistakes were due to external factors, yet his leadership, command and defense was immense.

-How LK has developed into one of the most intelligent CBs in the world and is simply a joy to watch with his class and quality. Seriously, I always defended this man and it brought some emotion in myself watching him succeed so well. This man was my MOTM. Despite, RVP, Song or anyone else. He is a gem of a player. Shame on some of you for doubting him.

-How Song has evolved from a reliable DM into a DM who actually possesses composure on the ball and vision to back it up. Yes, his passing may be off at times, yes his forrays forward may leave you open, but understand the talent behind what he possesses in attack as this is why Wenger allows him to attack when he does as AW sees more then a DM. He sees a man who is capable of being a wall in the mid, and a visionary in the front.

-How the 3 goals were because of:

-Fullbacks incompatence
-Anxiety in set-pieces
-Refereeing as Mata's goal was unjustified considering Santos was clearly fouled.

I'll move on to the bigger picture.

I had been saying that patience is key.

These signings not only have brought new life to Arsenal, but what it really was, is a awakening from Wenger and the new fire inside him to improve upon his mistakes, unleash his all to underrated tactical ability, to forge his team into a team with such self belief, that their opposition are stricken with fear and influenced by the drive and passion that is new.

This match proved that Arsenal are not a one man team as that term doesn't exist with Wenger.

This match proved the character, clutch ability, composure, mentality, guile, and superb mentality that has been given to Arsene's players by the man himself.

Wenger made at least 5 vital tactical changes in the match as I can name 1-2; his counter-pressing to Chelsea's flank attack. His congestion of the midfield to control where Gunner need it most. His dynamic change of the positioning of the Arsenal backline; I could go on.

He was ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON and BRLLIANT. Not convinced? Open your eyes.

This match signified Arsenal's demons have slowly been washed away, it signified the pressure they can take from their rivals who have plagued them for years and in the venue they fear most.

This match was vital for Arsene and Co. and the importance of the win will bring confidence, and knowledge that they have proven themselves.

This match signified that Arsene Wenger is an absolute master-class of a manager who leads a team of players who have undergone a small renaissance and have given themselves a sense of identity, conviciton and direction fueled by guile and years of loss turned into a controlled spring of fury.

And that was channeled onto the pitch tonight.

Really, I'll tell you, the finer points and discussions along with the tactical analysis. But look at the bigger picture.

Few times I support this team like its my own, I could name the match against Barca last year, or Chelsea's.

Today I celebrated the goals as if 'pool or milan scored. And hurt myself badly in the process by hitting my head on a pull up bar.

Congratulations boys, cause this isn't another ordinary superficial big match one and soon to be forgotten match, it was much more and if you fail to see that.... throw yourself of your nearby cliff kindly.

Did anyone expect this? I didn't. But I saw it coming sooner or later as I promised. And all this done with out Sagna and Wilshere. Wow.

didnt read the whole thing as i have a headache atm but i will tomorrow but this is what im saying we are missing verm(whos back now) sagna and wilshere so i think we are looking very good considering the injuries.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Redemption; Resurgence; Resurrection Empty Re: Redemption; Resurgence; Resurrection

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:31 am

I'm still not sure if we've turned a corner or not. Time will tell if this result was just a one off.

A win against Marseille in mid-week will be the perfect follow-up, since it'll mean qualification for the Champions League knockout rounds. Then we need to ensure we're focused for the West Brom game. I recall many a time where we would pick up a very good result in a tough game, but then go on to screw up against a smaller team at home.

I guess I'm saying that for all the confidence and belief this result will give us, we must not let it turn into complacency. That has happened far, far too often in the past and naturally I'm weary of it happening again.

Beyond that, we also need to win more from away home, as this was our first away win in the league this season.

So I'm delighted that we're finding form, but still there's work to be done before I'm fully convinced that this team can challenge for a top four spot.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:34 am

The forseeable games are all winnable right up until when we travel to Man City in epl but let's remain humble as Wenger said and take each game at a time.

The match against Marseille is vital. We must put qualification to bed and finish top of the group.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:14 am

Thank you for you post I really did like it, but we cant let what happened last year happen again, we beat Barcelona and went and lost almost all our games and beat United and started lose the next few games.
I say we are back when we win all these games.

West brom.
Norwich city
Fulham
Wigan
Everton

we must get all 15 points and then we can say we are back.

We have been getting stronger game by game, we are almost there.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 am

Firstly, Thank you Arquitecto for that wonderful post. I read it fully and could feel similar emotions charge through me.

I took almost a day to sombre down from the euphoria and this post almost got me going again! Smile

I agree with Jay though. This was one result [which wasn't perfect and there are glaring flaws that need addressing] and we need to build on this and win a few more.

Teams above us aren't going to do us favours and drop points. Its upto us to keep winning and keep the pressure on them to redeem ourselves.

Till we play ManCiteh, we have a string of relatively easy games and we should pick up points there. I also noticed that we have a lot of away games in December, so its important to build some good form in November and sustain that through December. Top 4 by christmas should be possible if that is the case.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Wonderful post Arq. Absolutely wonderful.

I'll just add the following to the list of tactical changes/improvements:

Whenever a midfielder or Theo was running with the ball in the center (or towards the center) of the final third, RVP and Gervinho would BOTH be looking to make a run and string clear of the defense. That's how we get our first goal, and you could see that, plenty of times, our players were trying to put either of them through on goal. This worked perfectly in the match.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:25 am

That was a terrific post. Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:45 am

I love Arq.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 am

great post arq.

as someone else said im not getting my hopes up yet, we have a long way to go, and this squad still has a lot to prove.

but funnily enough i did picture us beating chelsea and actually won a fair bit of money lol arsenal were at $5.45 while chelsea were $1.50 favorites.

how the tab came up with that i will never know.

i mean arsenal arent 5.45 bad and chelsea 1.50 good even with arsenals early season form taken into account.

but heyy not complaing was a great win all round.beat chelsea,rvp with the hatrick and i won moneyyy and juve beat inter in the morning.

really couldnt have asked for more
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down