Ali
Sri
Twoism
SamuelJayC
beatrixasdfghjk.
RealGunner
10 posters

Go down

Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ] Empty Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ]

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:30 pm

Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ] Gun__1320056170_ramsey_chelsea
The boy who lived

Arsenal vs Marseille
19:45 Bst
Emirates stadium

Forget and move on

Normally we would be saying this after a bad result, but like wenger said, we should forget about the chelsea result and move on. That was a great match and everything but to think our problems are all gone would be a mistake. The correct thing would be to focus on the next match and play it without any signs of complaceny as we all know how Arsenal like to mess up after a decent run of results. Anyhow, Arsenal host Marseille in the 4th champions league match just after playing marseille themselves at the stade Velodrome where they won 1-0. Three points will more or less book our place in the next round of Champions league, Today's match will be to give a solid professional performance just to get them 3 points and kind of relax in terms of Champions league Qualification.

Turn around for Marseille ?

Just like Arsenal, Marseille have turned a corner, kind of anyways. They won 3-2 at the weekend away from home, and rested couple of players for today's match. Which tells you they are going to take the match very seriously, something which they should have done at Stade Velodrome. They sit 9th in the table atm which is still bad but an improvement from before. Arsenal have to be really focused on the match and avoid any signs of complacency.

Team News

Arsenal

Kieran Gibbs is out with a stomach muscle problem while Marouane Chamakh misses the game with a knee injury. Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Bacary Sagna (broken leg) are long-term absentees. Abou Diaby is out for 3 extra weeks. Song might not play either due to some knock

Good news is that Vermaelen n Jenkinson comes back. However you do wonder who will start next to vermaelen? I would say Koscielny because the man is in the form of his life. I would also say that Either gervinho or theo might be rested for Benayoun or Arshavin. Oxlade will definately play some part.

Marseille

André-Pierre Gignac came on against Dijon despite suffering groin pains and is supposed to be out for today, doesn't really matter as remy is twice the player. Stéphane Mbia remains out of action with a broken metatarsal suffered on 14 August. Jordan Ayew might play a part for Marseille while his brother is definately going to play as he was their most dangerous player against us before.

Probable Line ups

Arsenal

----------------------------------Szczesny-------------------------------------------

Jenkinson----------------Koscielny----------Vermaelen---------------------Santos

-----------------------------------Coquelin-------------------------------------------

----------------Arteta-------------------------Ramsey--------------------------

Theo-----------------------Van persie--------------------------Arshavin

Not really sure to be honest, but i guess wenger will stick to the side taht beat chelsea so we can get those 3 points and get the qualification. We can rest 1 or 2 against West brom at home if neccessary.

Marseille

A guess more then anything

-----------------------------------Mandanda---------------------------------

Morel--------------N'koulou-------------------Diawara------------------Fanni

-------------------Kabore----------------Alou Diarra-------------------------

Valbuena------------------------Cheyrou-----------------------Ayew---------

----------------------------Remy-------------------------------------------

match Facts ( uefa and sam )

-Arsenal have had seven previous home fixtures against French visitors and their record is W3 D2 L2. Their last came in 2002/03, a UEFA Champions League first group stage game against AJ Auxerre which they lost 2-1. The previous year they faced Olympique Lyonnais in the competition's second group stage, drawing 1-1 at Highbury.

-At home in the group stage Arsène Wenger's team embarked on a goal spree, defeating SC Braga (6-0), FC Shakhtar Donetsk (5-1) and FK Partizan (3-1).

-Marseille have only recorded one victory in ten visits to England – beating Liverpool FC 1-0 in the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League group stage – losing six of the other nine games

-Jérémy Morel and Francis Coquelin were team-mates at FC Lorient last season during the latter's loan spell.

-In 2000/01 and 2001/02, Mikel Arteta played for Paris Saint-Germain FC, twice facing OM but winning neither contest.

- Rvp has scored 28 goals in last 29 appearance.

-Park Ju-Young scored twice against Marseille in three seasons with Monaco, winning one of four league games.

Final Say

We should win this, that's all i can say. The biggest worry is complacency and over confidence. We avoid those two, we win. Obviously hard work n determination will be key.

I would say 3-0 to Arsenal.

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 8 times in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ] Empty Re: Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ]

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:25 pm

Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ] Pic_1195852412_1001
The boy who lived.

Okay, I stop trolling now.
RG, isn't it spelt Marseille?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ] Empty Re: Arsenal vs Marseille [ Champions league ]

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:26 pm

Is this the full preview? I presume not. hmm
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:52 am

A stat for you rg

Marseille have lost their last 3 visits to England; 2-1 at Man United (2011), 2-0 at Chelsea (2010) + 1-0 at Liverpool (2008)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 am

2 options for us. Go all out, get a win and seal qualification place, prefer 1st place or rest starting players and play our bench. I would like us to go all out, our weekend game is West brom at Emirate so that might be good game to start our bench. Marseille past results in England were poor but they really pick themselves up lately. That said, I think these players: TV5, Jenkinson, Benayoun & Arshavin will start.

We really need to avoid 2nd place, with our luck, we 'll get either Barca or RM.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:35 am

Yeah, it's Marseille, I really doubt Wenger would play a reserve squad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:43 am

Twoism wrote:
We really need to avoid 2nd place, with our luck, we 'll get either Barca or RM.

We'd finish first, Barca would finish 2nd and we'd be drawn against them anyway. :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:19 am

srigooner wrote:
Twoism wrote:

We'd finish first, Barca would finish 2nd and we'd be drawn against them anyway. :facepalm:

if we will, I really will become a priest and preach conspiracy theories.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Where is the preview? lol
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by InvalidComment Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:03 pm

aaaaaaah RG,finish up the preview......my predictions are always based on previews Smile
InvalidComment
InvalidComment
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Marseille prefer to counter attack and let others take the game to them. Are doing better than when Arsenal last played them. Watch out for the speed of Remy and Valbuena...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:Marseille prefer to counter attack and let others take the game to them. Are doing better than when Arsenal last played them. Watch out for the speed of Remy and Valbuena...
What is your prediction?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:10 pm

InvalidComment wrote:aaaaaaah RG,finish up the preview......my predictions are always based on previews Smile
aaaaaaa aaaa RG ,better this...coz i got not enough points till now ...thnx to prewiews i guess ..sooo...my prediction is : but who gonna play bre shoku (my mate) ? ...ahhhh RG pls..LOOOL...any..we gonna win...i'm sure 4sure

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Alex Song has a small muscular problem and is a doubt for tonight's game. (via Philippe Auclair - RMC)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:44 pm

sorry about that

done now Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Great preview RG, we knew you were busy last night going door to door to get candy. :shisha:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Not likely to watch this game cos some lads here want to watch Barca :facepalm:

mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down