Magricos
Blue
S32TABLANCA
El Chelsea Fuerte
Mr Nick09
47 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore - Page 10 Empty Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by guest7 Fri 24 Feb - 21:45:19

Comon rag Ander isn't better than Cesc...

Cesc has proved that he is a WC midfielder, Ander is nowhere his level atm

Also, Cesc leaves his position becouse that is the role Pep has given him. He plays as a false 10, so whenever Messi drops deep he goes up

He can play as a CM if that's what VDB wants him to

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore - Page 10 Empty Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 21:46:26

Le Samourai wrote:Nah I watched the world cup and despite the fact that Thiago won the best player award for me it was a toss up.

And this season it isn't even a question.

Ander>Cesc in the resigned 10 role that Cesc is expected to play when hecome's on >Mata as well.

But Mata is a winger and Villa is out and Pedro got dropped so I don't see why he's in the discussion

Lol yea didn't follow the whole discussion Very Happy

......................Busquets............
...........Xavi.........................Iniesta
.....................Ander......................
............................................Mata
........................Striker.................

Is better than the same with Cesc/Thiago.That's where I'm tryna come from.

EDIT: Before people go crazy, this is not the starting lineup...it's a possible configuration that's likely once Cesc coes on.

Yeah, I know its not a question. Thiago is by a distance superior.

I dont have a clue why you talking about Cesc, he isnt going to be dropped. And to say Ander is better than Mata...lol

Mata aint no winger, dont know what you been watching.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 24 Feb - 21:50:17

Never said Ander is better than Cesc i said he functions better than anyone else in that lineup.

Lol I predict some fun in the future with this.........this and Ramos-Pique will occupy us for a long time.

Mata is a winger/wide AM to me,especially with the 4 forwads VDB just called up lol,Never gonna be a sub and come on in the center.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 22:04:20

Right well, im just saying I dont see your point. Your saying Ander can bring something different..but Cesc is a backup already, Mata came play that same position but in a different way...Ander really ha no use.

Between him and Thiago, neither will play because of who they have in front of them and the next question becomes, okay, who is better and there is only one winner there.

Mata isnt a winger, thats for sure. He is on the left on team sheets, but doesnt play there, he difts into the center and you will find most of his touches are in between the lines.

There is a somewhat new player type coined as the central winger, he isnt one of them.

Mata will come on the "left" but we all know if isnt going to stay out there, he will come into the center. If he doesnt, he will be quite ineffective unless Llorente is on the pitch for crosses.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 24 Feb - 22:18:41

Why is Thiago better than Borja?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 22:28:07

More accurate passer and a more consistent one, WAY better dribbler, better athlete while also being better/working harder defensively.

Can play like 4 positions.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 24 Feb - 22:29:33

Doesnt mean that he performs better, and i certainly value the way Borja has tried to lift up his Villarreal side than what Thiago has done so far, however gifted he is i agree.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 22:38:43

But he does perform better....

He is clearly more talented and performing better.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 22:41:28

Borja fighting the good fight for a crap team doesnt trump Thiago's performances.

Are people actually watching him play?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Feb - 22:42:21

Borja isnt National Team Material, He was called up because Cesc was injured. Thiago will go to the Euros ahead of him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 24 Feb - 22:44:50

I dont want to dive into the cliches and describe how easy it is to play for barca, but getting into such an incredibly organized side, without shouldering the responsibilities to carry the team is ideal for him, and his performances show. He is also talented and very confident so he takes advantage of it.

But Borja has to shoulder that kind of expectations with Villarreal, which to me makes stronger in the mental aspect of the game, and give more meaning to his performances.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 22:52:19

Right....and if your medicore and play for Barca dont you stand out even more? Ibra...Chgy....Keita...ect ect

And what about Osasuna, all those stars on the pitch...yet it was Thiago who by far was the best player.

Dont understand that, more meaning.

Borja playing with trash around him doesnt garner more praise for me.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 24 Feb - 22:58:35

Like i said, it helps. He is in a better structured environment, and it helps. Then his talent and ambition allows him to do incredible things as he did against Osasuna, im not disputing that.

But i am merely considering those factors, from which Borja doesnt benefit in his current environment, and i consider him a better and more mature player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 23:04:11

So how come that environment did not help the rest of the team?

Im just saying, using the he plays for Barca thing doesnt work at all.

Borja might be more mature, but thats not the point, thats not the justification for Thiago going.

Better, he certaintly is not.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 24 Feb - 23:11:30

Why it didnt work for other players? probably because they didnt fit the system in which they were introduced. How can you compete with a player that has been learning his craft in the same system and idea of play for years? not to mention the individual talent here that is fantastic. Not taking anything away from Thiago, i simply dont think he is a better player at this point in time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 Feb - 23:20:27

I am talking the Osasuna game. How comes if its the system, why was it everyone was crap other than Thiago?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 24 Feb - 23:25:36

why single out a single game? your team has been kinda meh away from home this season. Thiago's talent is more than enough to explain why he can be so dominant on a single game. What barcelona does well with youth players is to slot them in an envrionment in which they are the most comfortable. Thiago is just by far the most talented young payer in his position in football.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat 25 Feb - 0:23:57

There are also the Olympics this summer. Why does everyone think that Muniain and Thiago should get in when they are clearly young and belong with the Olympic team (more Thiago actually, he is still a noob whereas Muniain is experienced). And yes, Borja is currently better than Thiago, why is AlbiLOL kicked out of the squad for not being a first team player, but Thiago is allowed to stay?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 25 Feb - 0:46:33

LOL Borja, he's not even on Cabaye's level and he's supposedly better than Thiago? Laughing

Besides i dont know why you are arguing considering neither will go to the Euro's........

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 25 Feb - 0:52:48

Mr Nick09 wrote:why single out a single game? your team has been kinda meh away from home this season. Thiago's talent is more than enough to explain why he can be so dominant on a single game. What barcelona does well with youth players is to slot them in an envrionment in which they are the most comfortable. Thiago is just by far the most talented young payer in his position in football.

Because the point was, if its just the players around him and the structure he has there, why was everyone so poor except him?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 25 Feb - 0:56:07

Thiago, the newb who has started 4 CL games....smh
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 25 Feb - 0:57:35

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:LOL Borja, he's not even on Cabaye's level and he's supposedly better than Thiago? Laughing

Besides i dont know why you are arguing considering neither will go to the Euro's........

Turn back the clock of time, a year ago Andy Carroll was the new Shearer. Cool story bro, i wonder what will happen if Cabaye were to Join Liverpool or Chelsea?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 25 Feb - 0:59:08

The Franchise wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:why single out a single game? your team has been kinda meh away from home this season. Thiago's talent is more than enough to explain why he can be so dominant on a single game. What barcelona does well with youth players is to slot them in an envrionment in which they are the most comfortable. Thiago is just by far the most talented young payer in his position in football.

Because the point was, if its just the players around him and the structure he has there, why was everyone so poor except him?

Why do you bring everything back on a single game? im talking about the general conditions that have made thiago's adaption and transition so swift.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 25 Feb - 1:05:30

Do you see me downgrading Enrique? no you dont iam calling for his international call up louder than anyone......

If Cabaye left i'd be sad most likely but i would'nt resent him and will always be quality in my eyes......

Carroll was our shining light at the time so it was only natural for me to praise him but he was never international quality at any stage.....

You wont see me calling Tiote, Cabaye,Ba, Cisse, Santon, Coloccini, Krul etc etc

Anything should they leave because they a genuinely class unlike Carroll.

Carroll is/was always a championship player made to look good by the system.

I dont even like Enrique after what he said when he left the club, but i respect him as a player and is IMO the best LB in PL.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat 25 Feb - 1:05:39

About time he was dropped.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 25 Feb - 1:16:19

i dont recall you calling him a championship player back then. Sure now that he is flopping, you can go in.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next