Bojan the Super-Sub

2 posters

Go down

Bojan the Super-Sub Empty Bojan the Super-Sub

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 am

When Bojan played for Barca many of us agreed that he was useless as a sub - if he started, he would score, but otherwise as a sub he would have little impact. His super-sub performances for Roma are constantly proving us wrong. Bojan is in fact playing wonderfully as a sub. So what changed?

I think it's Guardiola. I think when he didn't start for Barca he didn't feel important, whereas for Roma he does even starting from the bench, and his performances are backing it up. It's worth mentioning he's playing a slightly more central formation when Roma plays a 4-3-1-2, but today he played in a 4-3-3- quite well from the reaction he's gotten. So what do you make of this? Is this a failure by Guardiola, or is the difference unrelated?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Bojan the Super-Sub Empty Re: Bojan the Super-Sub

Post by Sir Psycho Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:57 am

To me he was too comfortable at Barca. He had family & friends all around him while playing for his boy-hood club. Now that he's a stranger in a strange land I finally see that drive and motivation (killer instinct) that was lacking during most of his time at Barca (or at least the first team). He was impressive in the 07/08 season because he had something to prove, same deal at Roma. To me he left us as a boy maybe one day he'll return as a man.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down