McAgger
Art Morte
MGNRomulus
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dan Agger For Captaincy - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Agger For Captaincy

Post by TheRedStag Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 pm

This is the sort of character that has our club at heart.

Dagger :bow:

TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:08 pm

"Barcelona are obviously a big club, but I have never thought about leaving Liverpool, unless they want to sell. Everyone at the club are an integral part of my life. I. I have a YNWA tattoo. Frankly I don't mind if we don't finish in the top four, I love the club,"he said.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Supposedly, though, they are made up quotes but it's so goat that I had to post them Proud And it's not very far fetched to think Agger would say something like that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

McAgger wrote:
"Barcelona are obviously a big club, but I have never thought about leaving Liverpool, unless they want to sell. Everyone at the club are an integral part of my life. I. I have a YNWA tattoo. Frankly I don't mind if we don't finish in the top four, I love the club,"he said.
:bow: :bow::bow:

Supposedly, though, they are made up quotes but it's so goat that I had to post them Proud And it's not very far fetched to think Agger would say something like that.
Daniel Agger ‏@DanielAgger 1h
@nakedenglishman hi Stewart.the quotes are not coming from me!! i care a lot about where we finish.I wanna win with this great club!
I guess that answers you question for authenticity. Still our idol . . :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:31 pm

That's even better :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Dan Agger For Captaincy - Page 3 1174801_632436496788363_1479204259_n

"How much do you love Agger?"
Do we have time for that?

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:33 am

I'm not sure what's happened him since Steve Clarke has gone, but I want my Agger back ffs. Sad

He is so average at defending nowadays, it's worrying.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:45 am

People only remember the mistakes :facepalm: He plays great for 89 minutes of the match and has one concentration lapse and people are jumping on his jugular. Even so, his two mistakes haven't cost us any points yet so really don't know what the deal here is.

Also Agger said said in his presser that he is still feeling the thigh injury from the Olympiakos game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 am

Agger has been a little below-bar - I wouldn't say he was great for 89 minutes yesterday - but it's just two games into the season, I'm not worried. Many players are still getting back to full fitness and sharpness.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:52 am

People remember when he was actually defensively sound...

He's not the same player he was since Clarke has left this club. Not too sure if it's form or decline. But it is worrying. He needs to step up. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:52 pm

McAgger wrote:Dan Agger For Captaincy - Page 3 1174801_632436496788363_1479204259_n

"How much do you love Agger?"
Do we have time for that?

:bow: :bow::bow::bow:
yaay yaay yaay...Dagger you beauty, heading to be next legend in our defense Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 am

Reading on twitter that Agger has had a huge falling out with Rodgers.

I don't believe it personally but make of it what you will.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:26 am

I believe that's the case as well.

Skrtel must be giving Rodgers daily blow-jobs. That's literally the only thing I can think of considering how Skrtel seems undroppable (And interestingly, we can't keep a clean sheet anymore) compared to when BR bombed him out last year.

Goodbye Agger. We didn't deserve you...

ynwa is right. I can't believe we're giving this much power to Rodgers. He's a nothing man. We haven't won a single game based on tactics this year. And now he alienating our VC and wants to bring in Swansea's academy coach here instead of the guy who nurtured Iniesta and Messi :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:21 am

skrtel's been our best defender this season though... he's in the team because of merit. the only people who have been more consistent than he has this season have been mignolet, sturridge and suarez. The rest of the team have just inconsistent and very very average on the road. we do well at home, but we won't get cl if we just play at home.

kolo toure should never came into the squad yesterday. agger and sakho are both better, and PLAY NATURALLY on the left hand side of defence. agger just had one of his best games in a while against everton. so why drop him play skrtel out of position to bring in kolo toure...? :s and the explanation of it was just absurd. "kolo toure plays well against physical players", i mean, HELLO HAVE YOU SEEN SAKHO PLAY BEFORE?! why wasn't kolo toure played last week if he plays well against physical forwards, it's not as if lukaku is small... ridiculous.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:36 am

Red Alert wrote:skrtel's been our best defender this season though... he's in the team because of merit. the only people who have been more consistent than he has this season have been mignolet, sturridge and suarez. The rest of the team have just inconsistent and very very average on the road. we do well at home, but we won't get cl if we just play at home.

kolo toure should never came into the squad yesterday. agger and sakho are both better, and PLAY NATURALLY on the left hand side of defence. agger just had one of his best games in a while against everton. so why drop him play skrtel out of position to bring in kolo toure...? :s and the explanation of it was just absurd. "kolo toure plays well against physical players", i mean,  HELLO HAVE YOU SEEN SAKHO PLAY BEFORE?! why wasn't kolo toure played last week if he plays well against physical forwards, it's not as if lukaku is small... ridiculous.  
No No and No !!

Skrtel could be Baresi, but him playing limits us as a team. He likes to drop deep and is only comfortable around the box. Not to mention his rash nature. It just transforms panic into the entire team. Look at Hull goals...first one, instead of being proactive, he TURNS his body against the shot. Just as he turned his body against Barkley for Mirallas' goal last week. Second week, he unnecessarily challenges Toure for a ball that's in Toure's territory. less said about 3rd goal is better.

I make a bet with ya. The moment Skrtel is out of the team, we'll start keeping clean sheets again. Skrtel may make himself stand out when he plays due to high number of tackles and interceptions (mostly due to being sank positionally), but he weakens us a team. Hope today was the final wake up call for BR, but I can't see it.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:02 am

looking at the first goal, Liverpool clear the ball, moses gets the ball, he decides to do everything on his own instead of playing a simple pass, loses ball, we concede because of a deflection. the first goal isn't on skrtel even if he "turns" his body. the only goal that's on him yesterday was that own goal. he was okay before that. and by okay, I mean he wasn't that great as he has been all season, but was one of the few players for Liverpool that looked "decent".

skrtel doesn't have limits. play him in that rcb role that he actually excels it, and we'll actually be good. him dropping the defensive line 'deeper' means nothing. in fact, it probably helps us just how mertesacker helps arsenal "high line". any player with pace exploits a high line with ease. it just doesn't work in the premier league. tell me one team that's won the PL that's played with a high line? you wont be able to name one. you look at spurs high line this season, tell me how good they've been. this having a "high line" to be successful is the biggest myth in modern football.

the moment we go back to clean sheets is when we go back to playing this attacking possession based football that Rodgers got the job for rather than letting the opposition play their game. and the moment we go back to keeping clean sheets is the day we actually play players in their best position. skrtel as a lcb doesn't work. toure shouldn't have been in the squad yesterday. we're playing Henderson as a number 10 ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:22 am

Skrtel is playing well, it's ridiculous to try and blame him for the deflected goal where others first lost possession in our own third of the field. Our problems do not lie in our CBs, that's one area where we are set.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 am

I agree with Arty that problems lie ahead of defense line. When we play against clubs like Hull, i think anyone would expect us to play like a top team and not lose possesion so cheaply on several occasions like a midtable team, our CB may expect that our midfielders and forwards do better job. It has to do with mentality that we let these small teams amd their midfielders grow into confidence unnecessarily and our CB suffer.
I am not trying to hide the mistakes of our defenders here but then the thing comes down to what ynwa said, the problem lies with the way we are playing this season under BR. For gods sake keep some consistency for CB pair, if BR keeps on meddling there, we will suffer for sure

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Happy Birthday to our vice captain cheers

29 today!!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:13 am

Happy Bday. drinking drinking drinking 

Shout out to Moses too. They have the same birthday. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:58 pm

12/13
With Agger: Started 35, 15 clean sheets.
Without Agger: Started 3, 1 clean sheet.

13/14
With Agger: Started 9, 5 clean sheets.
Without Agger: Started 11, 1 clean sheet.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:30 pm

12 starts (10 apps full 90 minutes) - 7 clean sheets

Without him 2 clean sheets Shocked
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Again serves to my point on what we are with Agger and without him. For every time he frustrates us on how to use his strength vs a physical CF, he brings composure and intelligence to the integrity of our backline to which no one else in our backline has but him.

Once he retunes this patch of transition that every CB inevitably goes through in such a integral point in their career, he'll be back to the Agger we know.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:48 pm

<3 Agger
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:19 am

This clean sheet stat to defend Agger is ridiculous, lol. Or at least use some consistency.

Eg. Glen Johnson gets absolutely slammed from this forum yet he has the most accumulated "clean sheets" in the squad yet he's poor, and old, and should be sold for not being good enough because Flanno is better. Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:02 am

bah Gawd...i dont know who said Flano in General is better, probably it was just based on current form or so if someone had said it. Never mind, Flano is improving massively and will be a solid back up for years; not sure about if he will be a regular first team Player for us. Well I dont say that for every player, the last time I had said something like this was about Hendo. Gleno did actually perform brilliantly against ManUtd and looks like he is coming to his best. Btw Agger still had a shaky game against ManUtd but in second half he looked much better.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3