Yuri Yukuv
The Messiah
7amood11
zizzle
TalkingReckless
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Middle East, Oil, Islam ; The Mystery Empty The Middle East, Oil, Islam ; The Mystery

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:12 am

So what do you make of ME area, countries in there, their governments and role of religion there.

This is one of the richest regions in the world, which at the same time, has shocking governers, and there hasn't been peace there for many decades.

Surely the most mysterious, problematic, and most decisive regions in the world..if not the most ?

what's your take on the whole thing.

Back to top Go down

The Middle East, Oil, Islam ; The Mystery Empty Re: The Middle East, Oil, Islam ; The Mystery

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:05 pm

I Blame the Saudi.... their are supposed to the leaders of the Islamic world but a majority of their royals are corrupt.....

there are countless evidence against them such as supporting Al-Qaeda.....Drinking(which is banned in Saudi).....

majority of Islamic countries view Saudi as self-centered people...who think of themselves as better then rest...

With all the money they have they could be stabilizing their negibours such as Yemen but they don't

the Saudi's are supposed to the Example for Islamic countries.... but for me the countries that really follow the real Islam are Malaysia and Indonesia
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Middle East, Oil, Islam ; The Mystery Empty Re: The Middle East, Oil, Islam ; The Mystery

Post by zizzle Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:01 pm

There so much wrong in the middle east i literally dont know where to start !! To me its the people fault in the first place who let themselves be controlled by incompetant goverments and royal families and never shown the will to change untill lately. Next there is the western countries that support these leaders. Of course this support would not be needed if it wasnt for 1) Oil 2) Israel

so my peace initiative includes the following steps

change the people -> change leaders -> no more western influence -> no israel -> peace ! banana

simple
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes, the Saudi government is bad. They're supposed to be a role model for the rest of the countries in the region, but they're quite the opposite. But don't think all Saudis are like this, some of them just wish that the government will change its ridiculous ways.

But I think that the Arab Spring is bringing positive change to the Arab countries. Libya is no longer a brutal dictatorship and although it's too early to judge now, I'm seeing us on the right path to democracy. The situation is better in Tunisia. The same WILL come to Syria, God be with them.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:39 pm

The reason why there is not peace is because for decades those areas have been invaded and sacked....so as to get their oil
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Tribal culture (Group think), discouragement of dissent (politically and religiously), blaming others, militaristic reading of islam these are all important factors.

Nationalized oil also enabled these countries to become disconnected with their populations and have no interests aligned with their developments, its also made the current model look much much more successful than it is.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Tribal culture (Group think), discouragement of dissent (politically and religiously), blaming others, militaristic reading of islam these are all important factors.

You get more ignorant by the day.

Let's take a look : UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait are doing great. The situation in Bahrain and Yeman aren't good. I don't really know about Oman.

That's the gulf.

Let's look at Jordan, Jordan is doing great. Syria isn't. Lebanon is a poor country that is constantly being threatened and has corrupt officials. There is Palestine and you know the situation there and in Iraq. Egypt and Libya just got free of dictatorships. Is North/South Sudan still considered ME? That leaves Algeria and I'm not sure what's going on there.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:09 am

Libya is mess now. So called winners arent really hurrying to do things. Instead of one Gaddaffi, there are now thousands of small Gaddaffis
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:32 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Libya is mess now. So called winners arent really hurrying to do things. Instead of one Gaddaffi, there are now thousands of small Gaddaffis

Wth, really ignorant comment. Yeah, there are problems here and there arising, but what the hell would you expect after a revolution? This is normal. We've got a good system, Al-Keib is looking like he'll do a great job.

And elections within 8 months is too long for you?

You look like you don't know shit about what you're talking about.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:50 am

I will get flamed for this but Over influence of religion in ruling of a country isnt doing any good for ME.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:39 pm

ali8775 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:Tribal culture (Group think), discouragement of dissent (politically and religiously), blaming others, militaristic reading of islam these are all important factors.

Let's take a look : UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait are doing great. The situation in Bahrain and Yeman aren't good. I don't really know about Oman.

That's the gulf.

Let's look at Jordan, Jordan is doing great. Syria isn't. Lebanon is a poor country that is constantly being threatened and has corrupt officials. There is Palestine and you know the situation there and in Iraq. Egypt and Libya just got free of dictatorships. Is North/South Sudan still considered ME? That leaves Algeria and I'm not sure what's going on there.

UAE: Dubai debt crisis, Growth has been driven by external factors (Emerging Markets energy demand) over past ten years,last reading of local unemployment 13%, little to no political reform in past ten years

Qatar: Growth has been driven by external factors (Emerging Markets energy demand) over past ten years,no local unemployment numbers

Saudi Arabia: Growth has been driven by external factors (Emerging Markets energy demand) over past ten years, unemployment at 11%, little to no political reform in past ten years, rentier state

Kuwait: Growth has been driven by external factors (Emerging Markets energy demand) over past ten years, little to no political reform in past ten years, rentier state

Bahrain: Civil unrest because of angry masses and expected contraction in GDP

Yemen: Civil unrest because of angry masses and expected contraction in GDP

Oman: Bright story here, very high unemployment at 15% but leadership seems wise and willing to give concessions and reform

Jordan: Bright story here as well, very high unemployment at around 13% but leadership seems wise and willing to give concessions and reform

Syria: Civil unrest because of angry masses and expected contraction in GDP

Egypt: Civil unrest because of angry masses but GDP is expected to stall or increase slightly, the political situation is as dangerous as it was in January. Coup by military junta.

Tunisia: Bright story here as well, very high unemployment at around 13% but democratic process seems to be going great

Libya: Civil war, the revolution seems to have taken an ugly turn as there were some decisions made by the NTC without the people's votes

Algeria:No Comment, terrible leadership

Region as a whole has the highest unemployment in the world and very little sources of income except energy exports and worker remittances

I do not understand why you dont accept that there are problems in the region, 6 revolutions this year in these countries says otherwise
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:43 pm

7amood, i read interviews of the people in Libya, not only Western press, but Middle Eastern press.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I can't believe the people who judge Libya as "they haven't changed" when we're still 20 days into the new Libya. Give them some *bleep* time ffs.

I don't care about what you've read, passing judgement when we're only 3 weeks in is ridiculous. You're saying that we should hurry things? Pass judgement next year, when the elections have been completed and the government has been formed.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

That's the gulf.

UAE: Dubai debt crisis, Growth has been driven by external factors (Emerging Markets energy demand) over past ten years,last reading of local unemployment 13%, little to no political reform in past ten years Dubai is a state and can always be supported by Abu Dhabi, or anywhere else, plus the debt is minuscule compared to countries as rich as the UAE.

Libya: Civil war, the revolution seems to have taken an ugly turn as there were some decisions made by the NTC without the people's votes Let's ask 7amood.

Region as a whole has the highest unemployment in the world and very little sources of income except energy exports and worker remittances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_unemployment_rate

That wasn't my point, what I said has nothing to do with you, I said the causes you said were idiotic.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 pm

So whats the causes brotha?

America and its allies of course
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:53 pm

How many Arabs does it take to change a light bulb ?
non, they rather sit in the dark and blame the jews...

^this is %50 of the problem, but the other %50 is western influence
tell me Yuri, why does the united states ally itself with corrupted regimes in the middle east ? if America is true to its standards then Saudi Arabia should be their enemy not their biggest ally. Why support Mubarak's regime ? same story goes for Jordan.

These Arab regimes are Israel's bodyguards and thats why the states support them, and its no coincidence that the Israeli embasy in egypt has been the target of the angry masses ever since Mubarak was forced out
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:20 pm

So half of your problems are thinking about others, the other half how others treat you.

Great. I hope you dont take the same approach to your personal life
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:50 pm

yuri, id get my head checked before posting again if i were you. how the hell did you come up with such a conclusion from what i said ? you seriously amaze me with your prejudice thinking man !
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 am

i blame Wahabism for the mess in Saudi....most Wahabi's are too extreme and think anyone who isn't like them aren't Muslims
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:39 am

ali8775 wrote:

That leaves Algeria and I'm not sure what's going on there.
It's a mixed bag, people work hard, its not that bad there to live, but the government is a poison thorn in the garden. The president himself is not that bad (bush however is still a saint compared to him), but the military controls everything basically, so he's just a pawn. My uncle was a colonial in the army, and my dad was a lieutenant. so I know. It's MUCH more violent here then the middle east, people are crazy, and that goes for the army too.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:53 am

We would be living in peace..

If only someone can delete two words from history.. IRAN, and ISRAEL.
Two devils, playing the same game.
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:15 pm

zizzle wrote:yuri, id get my head checked before posting again if i were you. how the hell did you come up with such a conclusion from what i said ? you seriously amaze me with your prejudice thinking man !

Me: So why do arabs have such high unemployment, bad political structure etc etc?

zizzle wrote:How many Arabs does it take to change a light bulb ?
non, they rather sit in the dark and blame the jews...

^this is %50 of the problem, but the other %50 is western influence

hmm
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:08 pm

obviously you're missing the point yuri, and if you're gonna keep looking at it from the same prespective, you're gonna miss it every time
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:13 pm

i love it how everyone criticizes the middle east but has never actually been there before and gets all their facts from biased articles on the internet. Also i love how anything any of us middle east locals say is discarded immediately and not even looked upon.

this is why i heavily avoid these type of threads because it only raises my blood pressure.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm

^this...
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next