urbaNRoots
RealGunner
izzy
Jay29
Amar
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Coquelin has requested a transfer - Page 2 Empty Re: Coquelin has requested a transfer

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Loan him, he deserves it.

Maybe all the M'Vila rumors are unsettling him?

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Coquelin has requested a transfer - Page 2 Empty Re: Coquelin has requested a transfer

Post by Sri Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:15 am

I think Coquelin is under rated outside the gooner circles. I think he is as good, if not better than M'Vila.

We are sufficiently well stocked in DM positions. The money to buy M'Vila [yes yes, I know he is more than a DM; but so is Coquelin] can be better utilised in buying some good players from Deutschland.

I am not keen on Hazard, Martin or even Gourcuff anymore. Apart from another good advanced playmaker to support Ramsey, any other player additions would largely depend on departures, imo.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 am

No he is not better than M'Vila, thats just crazy and soemthing Arsenal fans tend to do in recent years i.e overrate young kids who are a few years away from performing consistently.

Coquelin is talented but it's not gonna be easy for him battling with Song and Frimpong. Frimpong probably less talented but he's not gonna leave anytime soon, his heart is at Arsenal.
Kaiser
Kaiser
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:31 am

I'd keep Frimpong over Le Coq
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 am

sportsczy wrote:Exact quote from Coquelin:

"Je me suis dit que j'avais un coup à jouer, j'ai donc décidé de rester à Arsenal. J'ai joué pas mal au début, même des gros matches, mais avec les retours des blessés, j'ai un peu disparu."

"On me répète souvent, qu'on est jeune, qu'on a le temps, mais j'ai joué toute une saison à Lorient, et aujourd'hui, je ne joue quasiment plus. Passer à rien du tout, c'est quand même embêtant". Il assure qu'il sera un joueur d'Arsenal "jusqu'en décembre", mais qu'il ne peut pas se "satisfaire de cette situation". Il conclut : "Vu mon temps de jeu, c'est sûr que l'idée d'un départ cet hiver est dans ma tête".

Translation:

"I told myself that i had a card to play and, thus, i decided to stay at Arsenal. I played a bit at the beginning of the season and even in some big games. But with the return of the injured players, i've disappeared"

"People tell me that i'm young and i have the time. But i played a full season with Lorient and today i practically never play. To go from everything to nothing doesn't sit well." He assured us that he would be an Arsenal player "until December", but that he could not "be satisfied with this situation". He concluded that "given my playing time, it's certain that the idea of a departure this winter is on my mind."

There you have it. No mistranslation.

I meant from the original quotes he gave to France Football. Sorry, I should have been clearer.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 am

The problem is that this was confirmed by him directly to the Direct 8 game commentators and they said as much on the broadcast of the game... unless there's a french to french translation issue, i think Coquelin just wished he hadn't gone public with his true feelings. This is very, very real. Player is directly quoted and this is not a 3rd rate magazine/newspaper that makes up quotes.

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:16 am

coq is better then frimpong, frimpong has the potential to be a very very good player. coq has the potential to be WC is a few years. thats why we need to keep coq.

sportsczy wrote:Translation:

"I told myself that i had a card to play and, thus, i decided to stay at Arsenal. I played a bit at the beginning of the season and even in some big games. But with the return of the injured players, i've disappeared"

"People tell me that i'm young and i have the time. But i played a full season with Lorient and today i practically never play. To go from everything to nothing doesn't sit well." He assured us that he would be an Arsenal player "until December", but that he could not "be satisfied with this situation". He concluded that "given my playing time, it's certain that the idea of a departure this winter is on my mind."

There you have it. No mistranslation.

he could easily still mean a loan transfer with those comments......
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:54 am

srigooner wrote:I think Coquelin is under rated outside the gooner circles. I think he is as good, if not better than M'Vila.

We are sufficiently well stocked in DM positions. The money to buy M'Vila [yes yes, I know he is more than a DM; but so is Coquelin] can be better utilised in buying some good players from Deutschland.

I am not keen on Hazard, Martin or even Gourcuff anymore. Apart from another good advanced playmaker to support Ramsey, any other player additions would largely depend on departures, imo.

Agree

We dont need more depth, what we need is to improve the depth that we have.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:00 am

Twoism wrote:
srigooner wrote:I think Coquelin is under rated outside the gooner circles. I think he is as good, if not better than M'Vila.

Agree

bounce Suspect hmm scratch eco smile
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:08 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Twoism wrote:

Agree

Smile i mean number of players, we're fine. Just get rid of average deadwood 1st before buying anyone.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 am

Twoism wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Twoism wrote:

Agree

Smile i mean number of players, we're fine. Just get rid of average deadwood 1st before buying anyone.

Exactly. Once you get rid of underperformers and inconsistent performers, you free up the wage bill a bit, as well as create room in an already large squad for better players.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 pm

If what he's saying is true. He's a very stupid person.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:54 am

No.

Coq is not better then Frimpong.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:47 am

ali8775 wrote:No.

he's probably more complete though. frimpong isnt anywhere near the passer coquelin is. plus he can play any role in the midfield
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 am

ali8775 wrote:No.

Le coq sportif has more to his game than team dench
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:31 am

But we don't need another "complete" player.

What we need is an Arsenal player , a Gilberto Silva, a Ray Parlour.

Le Coq is talking about leaving because he's not playing. Frimpong is always tweeting about his love for the club despite not playing.

I never see Frimpong leaving. Le Coq's loyalty wavers.

Plus Frimpong is more of a beast then Le Coq.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:44 am

ali8775 wrote:But we don't need another "complete" player.

Le Coq is talking about leaving because he's not playing. Frimpong is always tweeting about his love for the club despite not playing.

He just wants game time the lad won't leave. Chez did the same thing and he is still here commited playing for us.
Le coq is head and shoulder above team dench at the moment and thats why he is Song's understudy.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:47 am

gunnerlistick wrote:

He just wants game time the lad won't leave. Chez did the same thing and he is still here commited playing for us.
Le coq is head and shoulder above team dench at the moment and thats why he is Song's understudy.

HEAD AND SHOULDER? I think they are barely equal!

Again, Chez was talking about being Arsenal's number one even when he was third choice. Do you really want to get rid of a Ray Parlour for an Edu?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:55 am

ali8775 wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:

HEAD AND SHOULDER? I think they are barely equal!

Again, Chez was talking about being Arsenal's number one even when he was third choice. Do you really want to get rid of a Ray Parlour for an Edu?

Yes but it's still the same scenario because Chez went on loan and he was looking for a chance and assurance from Wenger that he will be given a chance.

Coquelin has been on loan and he is just looking for assurance from Wenger that he will get first team chance not just the usual tuesday cup ting.

Coq au vin can pass tackle,dribble,good set of lungs play defensive mid or centre mid, right mid you name it.

Team dench strong as a bull...good tackler, fighter , good set of lungs but average passer thats all i see in him, has a tendacy to dive in due to his lack of experience.He needs to learn that sometimes you can't win them all/

l wouldn't want to get rid of Romford pele nor Edu....keep them both quality players Cool
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Coq>Frimpong.
Not to say Frimpong is bad, but Coq is more complete and i think reads the game better. Frimpong plays with heart and desire. They can both become WC one day. If i had to pick one over the other, it'd be Frimpong. We need more players who have the desire to keep playing for Arsenal and put in 100%
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 am

The Verminator wrote:Coq>Frimpong.
Not to say Frimpong is bad, but Coq is more complete and i think reads the game better. Frimpong plays with heart and desire. They can both become WC one day. If i had to pick one over the other, it'd be Frimpong. We need more players who have the desire to keep playing for Arsenal and put in 100%

Exactly. The desire and heart is what we're lacking these days.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:18 am

Heart and desire are underrated.

Over the years we've had many technically complete players, yet we've obtained more success with actual heart and balls, IMO.

Go look at most German teams or at Manchester United (ewww, but it's true).

I take Frimpong over Coquelin just because of that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:55 am

You can have all the heart and desire you want... talent wins trophies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:You can have all the heart and desire you want... talent wins trophies.
Oh, I know. But it's not like Frimpong isn't talented. They're both talented players.

What I mean is that over the years, we've had very talented players yet a lot have decided to leave in critical times. I can understand them wanting playing time, but at that age it's going to be hard if you want to play for a top team. If he's good enough Wenger will try giving him time or maybe loan him, but that "PLAY ME OR I GO" attitude irritates me, because he's not even close to being a key member or superstar.

ManU have won many titles with average, hardworking players. Yeah, I know they have plenty of good ones, but really, on paper Arsenal had/have one of the best squads in the league and all that's screwed us is horrible mentality, because the skill has always been there.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:You can have all the heart and desire you want... talent wins trophies.
Then why didn't we win the EPL last season? We were more talented than Yanited but they still won. It's not all about talent dude. Playing with your heart and desire is equally as important.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 am

Coquelin has the heart and the technical qualities, this was evident v Spurs
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next