urbaNRoots
RealGunner
izzy
Jay29
Amar
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Coquelin has requested a transfer - Page 3 Empty Re: Coquelin has requested a transfer

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:07 am

Coquelin has the heart and the technical qualities, this was evident v Spurs

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Coquelin has requested a transfer - Page 3 Empty Re: Coquelin has requested a transfer

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Coquelin just left injured and limping badly at the France u21 game.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:00 pm

oh crap more injuries
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:24 pm

time for some bleeps to get frimponged then :hungry:
but seriously :facepalm:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Apparently a knock just above his knee... nothing serious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:Apparently a knock just above his knee... nothing serious.
ah now thats better Rolling Eyes
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 am

Coquelin is more mature than Frimpong.
Frimpong is sort of like Tiote he doesn't change his mentality when he has a yellow card. Coquelin should be our number 2 DM, and Frimpong should get FA cup and CC games.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:28 pm

L’Equipe is reporting that Francis Coquelin has extended his Arsenal contract until 2015.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Guess that means Frimpong out.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Guess that means Frimpong out.

Atm he is on loan at Wolves.

Personally I prefer Coquelin. Good move from Wenger.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:42 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Guess that means Frimpong out.

Atm he is on loan at Wolves.

Personally I prefer Coquelin. Good move from Wenger.
I know. I mean long term. I can't see us having both.

Or maybe this means Diaby out hmm
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:45 pm

wont lose frimpong. Competition is always good
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:48 pm

But what of when glorious Diaby comes back Very Happy

And a certain Jack Wilshere.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:42 am

Sushi Master wrote:But what of when glorious Diaby comes back Very Happy

Neither are coming back this year. Don't believe what Wenger says.

Besides, Coquelin is just a level below Wilshere in terms of quality. He's barely even had the chance to play in the midfield with the 1st team either.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 am

Don't think Wenger will let Frimpong go at all. He always gives one loan out to the players who often make it. Thinking about Song at Charlton, Djourou at Birmingham, Wilshere at Bolton and so on.

Coquelin signing new deal is excellent news. Though the title of this thread is obviously now wrong - I know it was made last year.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 am

lenear1030 wrote:

Besides, Coquelin is just a level below Wilshere in terms of quality. He's barely even had the chance to play in the midfield with the 1st team either.

do u mean this season or this year :coffee:
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:49 am

since1996 wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:

do u mean this season or this year :coffee:

season.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 am

He told L'Equipe: "In July, I met the coach and he told me I am a full member of the team and he relies on me. Looking at who we have signed, they have trust in me.

"Alex Song left for Barcelona and they didn't (sign) another defensive midfielder.

"When I didn't play in the first three matches it made me think about it. But I know I will get an opportunity and I will seize it.

"Arteta, Diaby and Cazorla are great players, who have more experience than me. But during training sessions every morning I am not behind them.

"I am 21-years-old, I know I cannot be patient any more. This year is the right season to make a name for myself at Arsenal.

"I have given myself six months and then I will take stock. If I see it is blocked, I will go somewhere else. But for now I know I have the qualities to make a name for myself at Arsenal."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8064812/Arsenal-midfielder-Francis-Coquelin-hoping-to-impress-but-could-consider-move

------------------------------------------

Bump.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:01 am

Hope he is given a chance, really has a massive engine and gets around the pitch.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:He told L'Equipe: "In July, I met the coach and he told me I am a full member of the team and he relies on me. Looking at who we have signed, they have trust in me.

"Alex Song left for Barcelona and they didn't (sign) another defensive midfielder.

"When I didn't play in the first three matches it made me think about it. But I know I will get an opportunity and I will seize it.

"Arteta, Diaby and Cazorla are great players, who have more experience than me. But during training sessions every morning I am not behind them.

"I am 21-years-old, I know I cannot be patient any more. This year is the right season to make a name for myself at Arsenal.

"I have given myself six months and then I will take stock. If I see it is blocked, I will go somewhere else. But for now I know I have the qualities to make a name for myself at Arsenal."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8064812/Arsenal-midfielder-Francis-Coquelin-hoping-to-impress-but-could-consider-move

------------------------------------------

Bump.

honestly, this is the exact mindset he should have
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 am

Healthy competition and a desire to make a name is great. I just hope that it doesn't sour and turn to impatience.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah I agree that he has the right attitude but if he wont get starts he'll leave. He's not like Dench who would accept being a rotational player, man is ambitious and is right to be so. Coquelin wants to start and as a midfielder not right-back.

I feel we'll lose him with Arteta, Diaby and Jack around.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 pm

He should really get a shot at displacing Diaby until Wilshire gets back and eventually gets to 100% fitness/some good form. I dont see Wilhire getting back into the thick of things for quite a while and even after he recovers he shouldn't be rushed back. This should be the time where Coquelin challenges for a spot. Diaby's form thus far has made him a little difficult to displace though!

Also didn't he say he's happy to play at right-back as long as he gets the opportunity to start?
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Displacing Diaby? R u serious? I like Coquelin... But he has nowhere the talent of Diaby. In fact, Diaby is the best midfielder Arsenal has when fit imo. As long as Diaby is healthy, he starts.

The bigger issue is how Wilshere reintegrates.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:Displacing Diaby? R u serious? I like Coquelin... But he has nowhere the talent of Diaby. In fact, Diaby is the best midfielder Arsenal has when fit imo. As long as Diaby is healthy, he starts.

The bigger issue is how Wilshere reintegrates.
Obviously... you misunderstood me. With Diaby's form and fitness hes the obvious starter. Coquelin's only chance at playing in the double pivot is through competition with Diaby, however because Arteta is way to important to this Arsenal side to be benched

As for Wilshire, even if everything goes to plan I wouldnt expect too much until after the new year
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Agree with Il Fenomeno Vero.

If he thinks he can start in another top club then he's free to go and prove himself as much as we could use his talent at the moment.

In the end I think he'll get minutes, there's almost no chance that our team will stay injury-free till January. Neutral

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next