izzy
Jay29
Amar
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Coquelin has requested a transfer Empty Coquelin has requested a transfer

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Over the winter Mercato..... Announced during the current u-21 France nt game on French tv.

Back to top Go down

Coquelin has requested a transfer Empty Re: Coquelin has requested a transfer

Post by Amar Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:12 pm

I really don't understand this. He played in 2 of our biggest fixtures of the season (United and Spuds away) and he's asking for more time? He should know that Song is a lock in for the 11, and he's not close to his ability.

That being said, We CANNOT lose this kid.

He has ability already, and his potential is very scary. He had Modric in his backpocket and White Hart Lane and he really did hold down the midfield.

I do think he should have talked to Wenger before going public. Song was bound to be given a break, and if he had talked to Wenger, I'm sure he would have got some games.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm

I thought the quotes about him thinking about leaving were false? At least, that's what Young Guns blog has said.

This is completely out of nowhere and I can't understand any reasoning behind it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:28 pm

He's 20 and wants to play regularly now. I can understand it. Especially since his u21 minutes are in danger too.... Unwritten rule that you have to be a regular to get time.

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Well, this is very unexpected. Kid is very eager it seems.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Wenger won't lose him. He is a gem of a player. It is very hard to over take song atm.

Maybe we can play him in the FA cup
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Coquelin wrote:"I didn't expect to play that much at the beginning of the season," he told Arsenal Player.

"I came back from the [Under-20] World Cup and then played straight away at Manchester United, which was a really hard game.

"He [Wenger] gave me another chance in the Carling Cup and I grabbed it. I think I have done quite well.

"Against Tottenham again it was a really tough game. I am a bit disappointed because we came out of those two games with two defeats - I think we could have done better at White Hart Lane.

"But overall I was pleased to play and hopefully I can get more games. I just try to do my job - tackle, keep the ball and play things easy.

"I thought I would have a chance to play this year as well so I thought I should stay and try and get a place in the first team. At the moment I can't really complain - I have been playing so I'm really pleased with that."

What Coquelin said, after Bolton match [Carling Cup].

How could he change his mind in 2 weeks scratch
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 pm

“I got back from Lorient where I was playing a lot so I think it's crucial that I can settle in the dressing room now,” he told Arsenal Player.

“I will try to fight for a first team place. I have to keep focused, keep training hard and give 100 per cent every chance I can get. Then I have to grab it and show that I can play.

“It's one of the biggest clubs in the world so to be part of it is just crazy. It's unbelievable.

“Every day I wake up I am happy because I come from a small town and now I am at Arsenal. It's great for me and sometimes I just don't realise it. I just enjoy every day

www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/coquelin-i-ll-fight-for-my-first-team-place

:coffee:
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Spider wrote:“I got back from Lorient where I was playing a lot so I think it's crucial that I can settle in the dressing room now,” he told Arsenal Player.

“I will try to fight for a first team place. I have to keep focused, keep training hard and give 100 per cent every chance I can get. Then I have to grab it and show that I can play.

“It's one of the biggest clubs in the world so to be part of it is just crazy. It's unbelievable.

“Every day I wake up I am happy because I come from a small town and now I am at Arsenal. It's great for me and sometimes I just don't realise it. I just enjoy every day

www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/coquelin-i-ll-fight-for-my-first-team-place

:coffee:

lol, 10.11.2011, that was quick.

Must admit, I would trust more Song's job to Coquelin than Frimpong [if injured] , and I really think we should rest sometimes Song, he's being overused for a long time.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 pm

French tv commentator spoke directly to him apparently... Just talked about it again. Coquelin told him he wouldn't mind leaving during the winter Mercato. This seems very legit.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Think he meant Loan move rather than Permanent
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:51 pm

If true, why's Coquelin being so inpatient, he's no Wilshere to break our first XI after a loan spell. And he won't start in any other big club.

He should take Szczesny as an example ffs, was 3rd keeper - and what did Szczesny do? PATIENCE + GOOD PERFORMANCE when he got the chance, and he'll become much more chances than Szczesny ever got as 3rd keeper.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:53 pm

It's not easy to have two young players in the same position like Coquelin and Frimpong. Wenger should make a choice and loan someone.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:08 pm

His comment got lost in translation...i don't see why he should go on loan, he is the understudy to Song at the moment and he has the potential to be better than him.

I still don't see him as a pure defensive mid....think there is more to his game than thatl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:23 pm

I've been advocating for Frimpong to go on loan for a while now. Wenger prefers Coquelin, as evidenced in the North London derby when Song played centre back and he had the choice between the two; Coquelin started the game, Frimpong wasn't even in the squad.

I don't get why young players are so impatient nowadays. We had the case of Ozyakup threatening to leave on a free because he wanted more first team action and even Szczesny said he would've left if he wasn't the first choice keeper at the end of the 10/11 season.

Naturally, I'll be very disappointed if Coquelin wants to leave because while Song is very good, he's not irreplaceable.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 pm

No loan... he wants to be sold and not necessarily to an elite club. Just wants to play. Ligue 1 would be fine as long it's one of Lille, PSG, Lyon or Marseille. That's the gist of it from the commentator.

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Coquelin said he was mistranslated, according to@younggunsblog.

I highly doubt a teenager would have the front to put in a transfer request.

I think he will be loaned out in Jan, although I personally would keep Coquelin and loan out Frimpong in Jan.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I've been advocating for Frimpong to go on loan for a while now. Wenger prefers Coquelin, as evidenced in the North London derby when Song played centre back and he had the choice between the two; Coquelin started the game, Frimpong wasn't even in the squad.

I don't get why young players are so impatient nowadays. We had the case of Ozyakup threatening to leave on a free because he wanted more first team action and even Szczesny said he would've left if he wasn't the first choice keeper at the end of the 10/11 season.

Naturally, I'll be very disappointed if Coquelin wants to leave because while Song is very good, he's not irreplaceable.

It's because they are promised first team chances by scouts and club officials when they sign for the club anyway I can't see Coq au vin leaving, no one will go on loan with games coming thick and fast during January we need the bodies.

We are not exactly blessed with depth in midfield so why should we start loaning and selling players
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Coquelin said he was mistranslated, according to@younggunsblog.

I highly doubt a teenager would have the front to put in a transfer request.

I think he will be loaned out in Jan, although I personally would keep Coquelin and loan out Frimpong in Jan.

He's french and spoke to a french tv commentator. How could he be mistranslated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Exact quote from Coquelin:

"Je me suis dit que j'avais un coup à jouer, j'ai donc décidé de rester à Arsenal. J'ai joué pas mal au début, même des gros matches, mais avec les retours des blessés, j'ai un peu disparu."

"On me répète souvent, qu'on est jeune, qu'on a le temps, mais j'ai joué toute une saison à Lorient, et aujourd'hui, je ne joue quasiment plus. Passer à rien du tout, c'est quand même embêtant". Il assure qu'il sera un joueur d'Arsenal "jusqu'en décembre", mais qu'il ne peut pas se "satisfaire de cette situation". Il conclut : "Vu mon temps de jeu, c'est sûr que l'idée d'un départ cet hiver est dans ma tête".

Translation:

"I told myself that i had a card to play and, thus, i decided to stay at Arsenal. I played a bit at the beginning of the season and even in some big games. But with the return of the injured players, i've disappeared"

"People tell me that i'm young and i have the time. But i played a full season with Lorient and today i practically never play. To go from everything to nothing doesn't sit well." He assured us that he would be an Arsenal player "until December", but that he could not "be satisfied with this situation". He concluded that "given my playing time, it's certain that the idea of a departure this winter is on my mind."

There you have it. No mistranslation.

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:Exact quote from Coquelin:

"Je me suis dit que j'avais un coup à jouer, j'ai donc décidé de rester à Arsenal. J'ai joué pas mal au début, même des gros matches, mais avec les retours des blessés, j'ai un peu disparu."

"On me répète souvent, qu'on est jeune, qu'on a le temps, mais j'ai joué toute une saison à Lorient, et aujourd'hui, je ne joue quasiment plus. Passer à rien du tout, c'est quand même embêtant". Il assure qu'il sera un joueur d'Arsenal "jusqu'en décembre", mais qu'il ne peut pas se "satisfaire de cette situation". Il conclut : "Vu mon temps de jeu, c'est sûr que l'idée d'un départ cet hiver est dans ma tête".

Translation:

"I told myself that i had a card to play and, thus, i decided to stay at Arsenal. I played a bit at the beginning of the season and even in some big games. But with the return of the injured players, i've disappeared"

"People tell me that i'm young and i have the time. But i played a full season with Lorient and today i practically never play. To go from everything to nothing doesn't sit well." He assured us that he would be an Arsenal player "until December", but that he could not "be satisfied with this situation". He concluded that "given my playing time, it's certain that the idea of a departure this winter is on my mind."

There you have it. No mistranslation.

n'importe quoi ....Coq au vin vas nul par l reste Very Happy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:48 pm

coquelin vs frimpong

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:25 am

hope we can keep him. kid's a beast and if he stays and somehow gets minutes he will be an absolute boss.

if we sell we should do the buy-back option like everyone else does to us lol
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:00 am

So Coquelin himself said he was mistranslated and here we have Sportsczy with an actual French quote. :?: Hope he stays, I see so much potential in him, What's with French center midfield with leaving Arsenal? Flamini, Diara now Coquelin, why couldn't it be Diaby instead.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:30 am

Loan him, he deserves it.

Maybe all the M'Vila rumors are unsettling him?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: